Sign in to follow this  
Trackingback

BT Season Review : Were we really that awful?

I know we endured a dire season, but I've just watched the BT Review of the National League Season and we barely got a mention (despite topping the table earlier on). Everyone else got a decent mention, we got a sentence and no footage. If you've recorded it, don't waste your time watching it.

Well it has been a rather nondescript season. Ultimately, we attained mid table mediocrity with the most talked about event being the signing of a midfielder with a dubious past. 

Makes sense to me. The end stats in the end read

Won 13 

Drew 20 

Lost 13. 

With a +1 goal difference. 

More draws than any other team. 

Probably near the top for 0-0 drawn games. 

We literally couldn't have skipped the entire season and posted a more non descript set of stats 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Greggs said:

Makes sense to me. The end stats in the end read

Won 13 

Drew 20 

Lost 13. 

With a +1 goal difference. 

More draws than any other team. 

Probably near the top for 0-0 drawn games. 

We literally couldn't have skipped the entire season and posted a more non descript set of stats 

3 losses into wins and 3 draws into wins and we would have been up there.

It just shows how tight things were and what a poor league we are in.

Nothing to fear in this league. I hope JF can sign a couple of decent forwards and let's get at it from the off.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

3 losses into wins and 3 draws into wins and we wish have been up there.

It just shows how tight things were and what a poor league we are in.

Nothing to fear in this league. I hope JF can sign a couple of decent forwards and let's get at it from the off.

The off hasn't been the issue infact the off has given us the buffer we have needed for our what seems annual september to january slump. The concern i have is once we have been worked out can Fullarton develop another tactic or form of play to keep the results coming in. Boring someone elses strikeforce has had to be the saving grace 2 seasons in a row. I am hopeful though and strangly opptimistic

54 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The off hasn't been the issue infact the off has given us the buffer we have needed for our what seems annual september to january slump. The concern i have is once we have been worked out can Fullarton develop another tactic or form of play to keep the results coming in. Boring someone elses strikeforce has had to be the saving grace 2 seasons in a row. I am hopeful though and strangly opptimistic

I'm optimistic too. I feel that JF will bring in enough players to be able to adapt to different formations, as he did in the last couple of months of the season. I don't think fans will begrudge Town playing defensively in the odd game, and it's good to have it in our locker but when you look at last season's stats, even with the injuries we had, it's a tail of what could have been, if we'd been a little bit more positive.

I agree about our start but let's have the same emphasis at the start of next season and then try and sustain it for longer. A good start, and then sustain it for as long as possible should see crowds grow and as a result, JF's budget will increase, albeit not dramatically.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1