Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

FA Trophy Final

Orient are denied a league and cup double as Fylde won the trophy 1-0, Danny Rowe the scorer.

To the Shaymen that watched the game, was it a good game? Did Hardy play etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Orient are denied a league and cup double as Fylde won the trophy 1-0, Danny Rowe the scorer.

To the Shaymen that watched the game, was it a good game? Did Hardy play etc etc.

Hardy was a unused sub. Both evenly matched game was split between the 2 halves, apart from Orient coming out in the second half creating lots more chances and being the  better team. They even had a goal cleared off the line by their own player  Jordan Maguire Drew was there stand out player. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Hardy was a unused sub. Both evenly matched game was split between the 2 halves, apart from Orient coming out in the second half creating lots more chances and being the  better team. They even had a goal cleared off the line by their own player  Jordan Maguire Drew was there stand out player. 

Cheers mate. What was the attendance? It didn't show the crowd on the result page I looked at.

Edited by Erik Everhard

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Cheers mate. What was the attendance? It didn't show the crowd on the rest page I looked at.

42K, 4000 from Fylde. Commentator said that Danny Rowe has got a burning desire to play FL, really? Pretty sure he has had many offers 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

42K, 4000 from Fylde. Commentator said that Danny Rowe has got a burning desire to play FL, really? Pretty sure he has had many offers 

It’s like Jack Greliesh if Aston Villa don’t go up he has to go and play in the Premier League.

Both teams were guilty of poor finishing today, thought Fylde just edged it. I Don't suppose Leyton Orient were too bothered they got the biggest prize by winning the League. The crowd was about 4 thousand short of our combined gate for our final. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, halifaxmark said:

Great goal. Consistently at top end of goal scoring charts in this league, not sure he's much ambition

Yes, it's a strange one. You would think he'd be playing league football by now.

It does make me wonder how much he's on at Fylde. It must be some contract. I'm surprised that Fleetwood haven't put a bid in, or now that Oyston has been shown the door Blackpool.

Edited by Erik Everhard

1 hour ago, shaycrazy said:

Both teams were guilty of poor finishing today, thought Fylde just edged it. I Don't suppose Leyton Orient were too bothered they got the biggest prize by winning the League. The crowd was about 4 thousand short of our combined gate for our final. 

The gate for this one was also combined for the 2 games. Chertsey vs Cray Valley was a better game than the trophy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SHAY man said:

Orient did hit the post 3 times, and as you mention, had an open goal that was shot at Harrod stood offside. Fylde won by Orients inability to score, rather then their own solid defence 

3 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

As mentioned above, that was the combined attendance for both games 

• Like 1

Not a bad crowd for the game and I'm sure Orient will be mortified at losing and would love to exchange their promotion for an FA Trophy . Fylde taking more than twice as many fans than the play offs shows where their mindset sits

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not a bad crowd for the game and I'm sure Orient will be mortified at losing and would love to exchange their promotion for an FA Trophy . Fylde taking more than twice as many fans than the play offs shows where their mindset sits

Also helps that the trophy final tickets are considerably less harsh on the pocket, plus much more than a week’s notice for fans to arrange travel, tickets and accommodation. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ewalsh said:

Also helps that the trophy final tickets are considerably less harsh on the pocket, plus much more than a week’s notice for fans to arrange travel, tickets and accommodation. 

In 2016 Grimsby took more to the playoff final than they did the fa trophy final.

4 hours ago, ewalsh said:

It’s the same for all teams though. The interest in Fylde is dwindling