Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldo

Home or Away On Boxing Day?

Recommended Posts

Maybe someone more “Tech Savvy” could do me a fans poll asking whether we would prefer to be at home or Away On Boxing Day?

I have tried and failed to set one up!

We haven’t been at home On Boxing Day since when?

Edited by haldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without checking I think it would have been Gainsborough in the first conference north season. 

And yes I think it’s about time we had a Boxing Day home game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've also been away on the last day of the season for the last 3 seasons so i'm hoping that will change next season too. As for the question. Doesnt really bother me. Maybe we are due a home game though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, neilstewart said:

Without checking I think it would have been Gainsborough in the first conference north season. 

And yes I think it’s about time we had a Boxing Day home game.

Away at Gainsborough. Deano stealing all three points at the death with Simon Eastwood providing his finest hour as Town goalie at the other end. 

Either postponed on Boxing Day (or away at Gateshead! Haha!) so by my reckoning believe it or not this could of potentially been our last home Boxing Day match up. 

 

 

Edited by Shaymen Stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's easier to travel on Boxing Day than it is on New Year's Day. Via public transport. So I would say away on Boxing Day.

How do you work that out when there are no trains on Boxing Day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Away at Gainsborough. Deano stealing all three points at the death with Simon Eastwood providing his finest hour as Town goalie at the other end. 

Either postponed on Boxing Day (or away at Gateshead! Haha!) so by my reckoning believe it or not this could of potentially been our last home Boxing Day match up. 

 

 

Just had a look, I was a season out, we played Gainsborough at home in the second conference north season (2012-13). A 3-1 win followed by a 3-0 defeat at Gainsborough on New Year’s Day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Just had a look, I was a season out, we played Gainsborough at home in the second conference north season (2012-13). A 3-1 win followed by a 3-0 defeat at Gainsborough on New Year’s Day.

Ah yeah correct! Well remembered! Ryan Toulson scored one of the goals :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chesterfield or Stockport at home on Boxing Day now that would be a big pay day 

a 4000 plus crowd 

nick 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My original point was I can’t navigate the poll on here , it keeps going round in circles!

PLEASE can someone put a poll on here or on Shaymen Stats etc?

Once heard on the grapevine the Board preferred Away On Boxing Day. What do the fans think ?

Edited by haldo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick said:

Chesterfield or Stockport at home on Boxing Day now that would be a big pay day 

a 4000 plus crowd 

nick 

for the West Yorkshire police yes; double bubble on Boxing Day.

4 hours ago, neilstewart said:

What about it

 

Will be the Boxing day game this year imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would hope not Boxing Day game , there’ll be a decent crowd when we play them anyway so may as well stick with Harrogate unless Gateshead go bust, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nick said:

Chesterfield or Stockport at home on Boxing Day now that would be a big pay day 

a 4000 plus crowd 

nick 

I would think Chesterfield Vs Notts County and Chorley Vs Stockport.

Town will probably play Harrogate over Christmas again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

I would think Chesterfield Vs Notts County and Chorley Vs Stockport.

Town will probably play Harrogate over Christmas again.

Teams play their 2nd nearest neighbour as a general rule

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Teams play their 2nd nearest neighbour as a general rule

Was Salford our nearest last season?

What happened when we played Gainsborough? That rule went out of the window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Was Salford our nearest last season?

What happened when we played Gainsborough? That rule went out of the window.

We haven't played Gainsborough in this league and Salford were probably classed as our nearest last season . Obviously it's impossible to be an exact science as some teams will inevitably play their nearest team and some will play their 3rd or 4th nearest . You have to also remember that the fixture planners are hopeless at geography

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

We haven't played Gainsborough in this league and Salford were probably classed as our nearest last season . Obviously it's impossible to be an exact science as some teams will inevitably play their nearest team and some will play their 3rd or 4th nearest . You have to also remember that the fixture planners are hopeless at geography

We played Gainsborough in the National North. Same rule applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Was Salford our nearest last season?

What happened when we played Gainsborough? That rule went out of the window.

When we played Gainsborough there were 3 West Yorkshire teams in the division. As the league decided the other 2 would be against each other that left us as the odd one out.

Edited by neilstewart
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...