Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Lanzarote

Gateshead

Recommended Posts

It's sad to see any club go to the wall for the fans sake. Owners of clubs in the lower leagues cannot expect to recoup outstanding monies put into their clubs it should be a labour of love. How many chairmen of our old club got theirs back ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

It's sad to see any club go to the wall for the fans sake. Owners of clubs in the lower leagues cannot expect to recoup outstanding monies put into their clubs it should be a labour of love. How many chairmen of our old club got theirs back ?

Sure there was one who made a profit....:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

A reminder of the reasons our BOD make sure we live within our means.

I don´t think it was anything to do with living within our means with one particular chairman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horrible ground to go to but you wouldn’t wish that on them. Difficult to see them surviving, and even the glue leagues will be tougher for them because most of their local lower non league clubs are in the northern league

And presumably it’d mean us getting lumbered with a trip to Hartlepool over Xmas or new year 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note that in spite of Gateshead's difficulties. The inexperienced Manager, newly appointed, held trials for young released players from league clubs to try & build a team.

I hope our manager is thinking along the same lines?

In our position i.e. solvent & stable, this is probably one of the cheapest way to try & find the odd overlooked talent who could be an asset to us, given our wage constraints.

If Gateshead can attract a few young trialists in their financial plight & poor geographical location, surely we would be a much better prospect for a much wider catchment area.

Nothing tried nothing gained.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SteveM said:

Horrible ground to go to but you wouldn’t wish that on them. Difficult to see them surviving, and even the glue leagues will be tougher for them because most of their local lower non league clubs are in the northern league

And presumably it’d mean us getting lumbered with a trip to Hartlepool over Xmas or new year 

Would suspect hartlepool vs Harrogate would be the Xmas games which might mean we get one of stockport notts County or Chesterfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Interesting to note that in spite of Gateshead's difficulties. The inexperienced Manager, newly appointed, held trials for young released players from league clubs to try & build a team.

I hope our manager is thinking along the same lines?

In our position i.e. solvent & stable, this is probably one of the cheapest way to try & find the odd overlooked talent who could be an asset to us, given our wage constraints.

If Gateshead can attract a few young trialists in their financial plight & poor geographical location, surely we would be a much better prospect for a much wider catchment area.

Nothing tried nothing gained.

we´ve done it before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Property developer taking out loans at an annual interest rate of 138%, secured on Gigg Lane.

Is there anymore to be said?

Edited by Shaytrev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Is there anymore to be said?

Yeah, thank god the likes of Abbott and other shysters are kept away from The Shay cos of our constant vigilance... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gateshead kicked out of the league, as well as being handed a £3,500 fine and a nine point deduction for this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

Gateshead kicked out of the league, as well as being handed a £3,500 fine and a nine point deduction for this season.

Reprieve for aldershot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lewis said:

Gateshead kicked out of the league, as well as being handed a £3,500 fine and a nine point deduction for this season.

Does that give a reprieve to one of the relegated teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Does that give a reprieve to one of the relegated teams?

Aldershot I think 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scot said:

Aldershot I think 

It will work in our favour financially because despite the distance, Aldershot normally bring a decent following.

You've got to feel for the Gateshead fans though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It will work in our favour financially because despite the distance, Aldershot normally bring a decent following.

You've got to feel for the Gateshead fans though.

More pissed off for our fans who have to travel to Aldershot and lose a weekender in Newcastle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Yeah, thank god the likes of Abbott and other shysters are kept away from The Shay cos of our constant vigilance... 

Don’t tell Moody that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...