Sign in to follow this  
Wilder Bollox

How to..... Play football

52 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

As good as they say (I didn´t watch it) I think it´s a bad result for football.

And us playing with 6 defenders in a pyramid of emotions against a team that have come to park the bus and battling out a 0-0 draw in the adversity of blind pressure is good for football ? Manchester City didn't do anything fancy or over exert themselves, they let the ball do the work, made the right decisions and did the basics right . It wasn't a swashbuckling show of riches, it was simple football played the way any team could play if they could get their heads out of trying to over complicate everything

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

And us playing with 6 defenders in a pyramid of emotions against a team that have come to park the bus and battling out a 0-0 draw in the adversity of blind pressure is good for football ? Manchester City didn't do anything fancy or over exert themselves, they let the ball do the work, made the right decisions and did the basics right . It wasn't a swashbuckling show of riches, it was simple football played the way any team could play if they could get their heads out of trying to over complicate everything

Regarding us NO I do not all I´m saying is that for 1 team to dominate everything is not good for football in general.

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Regarding us NO I do not all I´m saying is that for 1 team to dominate everything is not good for football in general.

Not even if that team was FC Halifax Town ?

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It’s for the other teams to improve.

City play simple football bloody well. No Hollywood passes, no dribbling last half a dozen players, relatively few goals from outside the box. 

And no room for egos and primadonnas either. All of them work ferociously hard when they don’t have the ball. 

The only thing they don’t do is tackle 

Maybe it took the money of a billionaire to buy the simplicity and purity of Pep 

Edited by SteveM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveM said:

City play simple football bloody well. No Hollywood passes, no dribbling last half a dozen players, relatively few goals from outside the box. 

And no room for egos and primadonnas either. All of them work ferociously hard when they don’t have the ball. 

Maybe it took the money of a billionaire to buy the simplicity and purity of Pep 

I am not disputing how good MC or bad Watford are I personally do not think it´s good for the game when 1 team win everything.

• Like 1

Terrible thread. Man City are a stain on modern day football. One of the best moments ever of watching live football was being in the City end and witnessing them lose to Spurs in the Champions League 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveM said:

Vincent Kompany has joined Anderlecht next season. He'll be a big loss for them.

Doubt it will be a massive loss with his injury record, the outcome works for the club as they now avoid feeling obliged to offer him a one year extension & works for the player as he is immediately  into management with a big club with no real pressure to play, win win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Terrible thread. Man City are a stain on modern day football. One of the best moments ever of watching live football was being in the City end and witnessing them lose to Spurs in the Champions League 

Priceless coming from a Man Utd fan!!

Over the past few seasons you lot have only spent about 30 million less than City.Difference is Guadiola buys good players & makes them better.Utd buy players for the sake of it (Sanchez for example).

Carry on spending,raise the debt,the Utd way.

10 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

Over the past few seasons you lot have only spent about 30 million less than City.Difference is Guadiola buys good players & makes them better.Utd buy players for the sake of it (Sanchez for example).

Yes it’s convenient how Utd fans forget they have spent years spending just as much money as City but with no success to show for it. Just looked it up - £80m less net spend over 5 years.

Stain on football you said, JGN1?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg45 said:

Yes it’s convenient how Utd fans forget they have spent years spending just as much money as City but with no success to show for it. Just looked it up - £80m less net spend over 5 years.

Stain on football you said, JGN1?

It´s all gone mad when Watford spend 113,000,000 for mediocre.

22 hours ago, Luke said:

One of your best moments was watching another team fail rather than your own teams achievements?

Did I say rather than my own team? I don’t think I did did I? And yes it was ONE of my best moments watching a live game. I love The Shaymen. I love United. I hate City. Shoot me 

19 hours ago, ashy1966 said:

I’m recent years we have yes. But nothing compares to the legend that is Sir Alex Ferguson and his achievements. Have to disagree about Pep. Can’t win the Champions League without Messi 

3 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I’m recent years we have yes. But nothing compares to the legend that is Sir Alex Ferguson and his achievements. Have to disagree about Pep. Can’t win the Champions League without Messi 

Pep has assembled a team that a joy to watch and in addition has all the class in the way he conducts himself that Ferguson had always clearly lacked!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Has he retired? Still plenty of time for him to win it at City.

Georgie spent a fortune Man U. He was a fantastic manager but he still spent big to achieve what he did.

On 21/05/2019, 00:56:12, The beautiful game said:

Pep has assembled a team that a joy to watch and in addition has all the class in the way he conducts himself that Ferguson had always clearly lacked!

Pfft. Sir Alex Ferguson please 

On 20/05/2019, 21:01:30, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Did I say rather than my own team? I don’t think I did did I? And yes it was ONE of my best moments watching a live game. I love The Shaymen. I love United. I hate City. Shoot me 

Gun control prevents anyone from doing so. (Unless you live in Huddersfield)

Edited by Shaytrev

19 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Pfft. Sir Alex Ferguson please 

Red nose was a graceless loser, and petty and vindictive when he thought he'd been wronged.  He proved this in his private dealings with the Magniers over that racehorse Rock f Gibraltar and he proved it from a footballing standpoint by getting rid of Jaap Stam even though it weakened the team.  Even with your red tinted specs on you must see that Guardiola is the opposite?  When City lose, its because the opponents played better, or because he made tactical errors.  I genuinely can't remember hearing him blaming the ref

City play some fantastic football, and have spent about £500m on transfer fees in getting there - more than any other club in world football in the last 10 years! As good a the football is, however, I do find myself getting pretty bored watching a City game because most of the time it's just so predictable and one-sided.  I'd much rather watch a close, though fought game between Bournemouth and Wolves, say, than a City game.