Sign in to follow this  
kirkbymoorsidesteve

PLAY OFF FINAL

trying to witness the buzz on salford and fyldes websites , salford have a few posts about the 23 coaches booked and 4 thousand tickets sold at Wembley, and fylde ,not having a fan forum are giving fans instructions on twitter as to when their 7 coaches are departing. got the feeling its going to be one of the smallest play-off gates

you never know ,it could be us next year

• Like 1

I'm surprised both haven't been able to do better. Both in areas with strong football interest. Money can't buy you fans is the moral of the story. 

As for the result. Now they have got there i'm kind of hoping Salford piss off at the first attempt 

17 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Should be staged at Prescott cables....

Would it be worth going to all the effort of ploughing their field?

318  Forest Green supporters at Tranmere last night,in truth looked much less.Got 1 player sent off but should have been 2.

Just had a quick look at Fylde’s latest accounts, for the year to May 2018. They only file abbreviated accounts but they don’t look healthy - a loss of £150k on the year and that despite £550k in sponsorship income from other companies that Haythornthwaite owns or controls (the shirt sponsor Vet Plus is one of his). 

Now in the Premier League there are rules that are supposed to prevent group companies paying way over the market rate to circumvent FFP, but this is the national league where financial doping is encouraged

Edited by SteveM
  • Like 1

With their loss and sponsorship being 700,000 I can’t expect the rest of their income to have been that great .. so their total budget should not be too high unless their is other “contributions” being made

Te league will not change the rule to encourage ffp until their beloved Salford have been promoted.

Who does everyone want to win today? me personally could not care less.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Te league will not change the rule to encourage ffp until their beloved Salford have been promoted.

Fylde.Think they will play them off the park Steve.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

It’s like the opposite of Sophie’s Choice. Ideally they both lose, but if I have to pick a winner i’ll go for Fylde

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nick said:

With their loss and sponsorship being 700,000 I can’t expect the rest of their income to have been that great .. so their total budget should not be too high unless their is other “contributions” being made

Crowds about on par with us this season, but huge difference being they own their ground and get all income from the big Sports Bar which is open 7 days a week, and the offices etc. 

26 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

Crowds about on par with us this season, but huge difference being they own their ground and get all income from the big Sports Bar which is open 7 days a week, and the offices etc. 

Owning your own ground opens up a huge potential to make extra money.

9 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

But also adds to costs too I guess 

depends if purpose built. I am a big believer in owning your own facilities. All the cost can be off set with club house takings, 5 aside pitches, Match day taking etc.

1 hour ago, ewalsh said:

Clearly propped up by erstwhile Blackpool fans with season tickets though. Looked very flat the other week when we were there, well down on the previous two visits but the attendance was announced as over 1,800. Fast forward to next Tuesday and their £10 entry playoff game looked slightly busier in the home end at least, and 1,500 turned up. Great crowds for a catchment area of 10,000 or so, but will be laughable in the EFL, and isn’t impressive when you consider they’ve enjoyed over a decade of promotion challenges, top-whack teams and a new stadium to boot.

Torn between the two really but hope Fylde win just to wipe the Class of 92 smiles off their smug faces. At least Fylde were not buying 300K players so for that its Fylde (another FGR) to go up.

Fylde will always be a field in the middle of nowhere, with one man and his dog and miles from the sea

Salford will always be a field in a rugby town with one man and his dog and a soundsystem with one 40 watt speaker

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, naturalbornshayman said:

Torn between the two really but hope Fylde win just to wipe the Class of 92 smiles off their smug faces. At least Fylde were not buying 300K players so for that its Fylde (another FGR) to go up.

Would have to agree with that tbh.

A tough choice this one, shall I get my teeth extracted with a pair of rusty pliers or shall I pour vinegar on an open flesh wound.

As Salford don't have a picture of Thatcher up in their boardroom, don't post billboards supporting Theresa May at their ground, and generally don't act like fascist gammons, I think I'm gonna support them.

I realise some of you will use these reasons to support Fylde. 

The Wembley catering staff will be the big winners today, I hope they've brought a good book to read to ease the boredom.

• Like 3