Sign in to follow this  
AGB

Kevin Roberts

Just now, SHAY man said:

Happily have him back !

Most years yes but not while we have Hanson 

• Like 4

Not sure how wages would stack up but Roberts injury record better than Duckworths, quality football wise very similar. Hanson has to be the future.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Most years yes but not while we have Hanson 

The same Hanson that didnt get a look in towards the end of the season....

If one of Hanson or Duckworth were to leave, I'd have him back without a doubt

• Like 1

I'd be more interested in Deverdics (sp) always seemed to control games when at Dover not sure how good he has been since though. 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I'd be more interested in Deverdics (sp) always seemed to control games when at Dover not sure how good he has been since though. 

Wrexham fans seem pleased that he's gone. Lazy is the word I've seen mentioned a fair bit

20 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He keeps himself very fit, can´t understand the lazy comments but feel if we need a RB we can now do better.

If Duckworth was to leave, he would be the most realistic replacement. Similar style of players too 

39 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He keeps himself very fit, can´t understand the lazy comments but feel if we need a RB we can now do better.

Age unfortunately. Fitness doesn't always mean sharpness. 

Spoke to him at Wrexham game and has just started his education / training to become a physio so maybe part time football would suit him better ??

For me it all comes down to what happens with Duckworth. I rate him, but if he spends all summer messing us about again trying to get a Football League move only to come crawling back to us yet again if no one wants him, I think we should say enough's enough.

If that's the case, I'd gladly take Roberts back.

Edited by Lewis
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

For me it all comes down to what happens with Duckworth. I rate him, but if he spends all summer messing us about again trying to get a Football Leagur move only to come crawling back to us yet again if no one wants him, I think we should say enough's enough.

If that's the case, I'd gladly take Roberts back.

Completely agree with this

I know we all moaned about having two defenders as holding midfielders but holding midfielder would be an option for Roberts. He can pass a ball, he's not slow and he can tackle. He can also play right back and centre half if needed.

I think we arguably have better on our books but that would be an option. Players like Roberts who can play different positions are players that I feel JF needs to look at. 

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

I know we all moaned about having two defenders as holding midfielders but holding midfielder would be an option for Roberts. He can pass a ball, he's not slow and he can tackle. He can also play right back and centre half if needed.

I think we arguably have better on our books but that would be an option. Players like Roberts who can play different positions are players that I feel JF needs to look at. 

@ 5ft .8ins too small for CB

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

29?

Unfortunately yes. At least I found my body starting to fail at that age and having young lads run rings round me!

Edited by Shaymen1984