Sign in to follow this  
Jmc

Bolton

So can someone kindly give a reasoned assessment of how our three division  punishment compares with Bolton’s. 

Are the circumstances similar enough to stand comparison?

We weren’t given a three division punishment. Halifax Town A.F.C went bust, ceased to exist, as dead as a dodo. The new club was placed in a division as the FA deemed fit. 

I believe we did have a points deduction for entering administration before that when Chris Wilder was here

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019, 4:12:30, greygoose said:

I find this hard to believe Steve, in a recent interview JF suggested he was 'swimming against the tide' with the clubs budget so who's telling the truth here?

Without any actual research!

Chesterfield,  Wrexham, Hartlepool,  Salford,  Orient,  Harrogate,  Fylde,  Solihull,  Eastleigh,  Barnet will all be above us in the budget stakes.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Chesterfield,  Wrexham, Hartlepool,  Salford,  Orient,  Harrogate,  Fylde,  Solihull,  Eastleigh,  Barnet will all be above us in the budget stakes.

Chesterfield  spent all their money,Wrexham yes, Hartlepool no, Salford & Orient immaterial not in our league, Harrogate yes, Fylde yes, Solihull so so, Eastleigh good income from parking but money man left.

Seem to remember reading somewhere recently that Hartlepool have just lost 2/3 of their best players for nothing.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Chesterfield  spent all their money,Wrexham yes, Hartlepool no, Salford & Orient immaterial not in our league, Harrogate yes, Fylde yes, Solihull so so, Eastleigh good income from parking but money man left.

Seem to remember reading somewhere recently that Hartlepool have just lost 2/3 of their best players for nothing.

To be fair Steve, if you're going to play that card I'll wager that Yeovil and Notts County will have bigger budgets than us.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Money man paid up the wages for this season before leaving.

Next season they’ll drastically reduce.

Hartlepool have both parachute payments and bigger gates: more money. (Although these run out this year, yesterday’s perm signing of Kabambe suggests the money hasn’t run out)

Solihull have far more money, Storer and Wright turned down new contracts for Cheltenham to join for $

Edited by shaymandownsouff

Read that Chesterfield’s budget is down 30% this season, which I’d guess would still knock ours into a cocked hat. They’ll also shed a bit of dead wood.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Dagenham & Redbridge too I'd have thought. 

3 hours ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Money man paid up the wages for this season before leaving.

Next season they’ll drastically reduce.

Hartlepool have both parachute payments and bigger gates: more money. (Although these run out this year, yesterday’s perm signing of Kabambe suggests the money hasn’t run out)

Solihull have far more money, Storer and Wright turned down new contracts for Cheltenham to join for $

Parachute payments surely finnished last season, first season full payment second season half this will now be third season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Don´t know how they are funded but their crowds are really poor for a London club.

2 hours ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

I did think that originally but wasn't 100%

2 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/10/dagenham-redbridge-tim-howard-yankees-owner

NLP had suggested they were going to put a lot of money in...................................

All seems a bit strange reading that Steve as though they are using it as a stepping stone.

Sad state of affairs -

"Preston North End are understood to be the club which has donated £2,000 worth of shopping vouchers to help out staff at Bolton Wanderers who have gone unpaid recently.

The Bolton News reported on Tuesday morning that a food bank had been set up to provide essential needs for Wanderers staff and the Bolton Whites Hotel which is situated at their stadium."

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t know how they are funded but their crowds are really poor for a London club.

Given that they're able to afford to pay Conor Wilkinson £3k a week, I'd say they've got a pretty good budget.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Given that they're able to afford to pay Conor Wilkinson £3k a week, I'd say they've got a pretty good budget.

And if they are going to waste it like that in this division we´ll do fine.

9 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don't Chesterfield get half their parachute payment again this season? Plus average of about £4.5k attendances means their budget is definitely more than ours.

8 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Don't Chesterfield get half their parachute payment again this season? Plus average of about £4.5k attendances means their budget is definitely more than ours.

Last I heard they have struggled for money for the last 3/4 seasons.

Good crowds don’t mean that a club is well run. York City have much bigger crowds than us, but are losing money like a running tap

• Like 2

9 hours ago, greg45 said:

To be fair Steve, if you're going to play that card I'll wager that Yeovil and Notts County will have bigger budgets than us.

Not many teams adjust first seasons relegated and their players retained will be on high wages and possibly don't have the appetite.

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A couple of American blokes are bankrolling them. Connor Wilkinson on over £2k a week by all accounts.