Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jmc

Bolton

Recommended Posts

No admin today and if the judge doesn’t allow an extension could well be liquidated tomorrow , conference north or national I wonder 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jmc said:

No admin today and if the judge doesn’t allow an extension could well be liquidated tomorrow , conference north or national I wonder 

Glue Leagues for us and Chester. If liquidated will they not ha e to form a new team?

Very sad to see a club of Bolton's stature go the way they have but this is exactly what could potentially happen if you don't live within you means. I can't remember Bolton s money man but wasn't he owed somewhere in the region of £200m?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Call me cynical but I don't think we'll be seeing FC Bolton in the Conference anytime soon.

Me neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t back against it as there’s no buyer and not put into admin today court could proceed to liquidation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Glue Leagues for us and Chester. If liquidated will they not ha e to form a new team?

Very sad to see a club of Bolton's stature go the way they have but this is exactly what could potentially happen if you don't live within you means. I can't remember Bolton s money man but wasn't he owed somewhere in the region of £200m?

More likely much to do with criminality than living within your means.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

More likely much to do with criminality than living within your means.

I've not read up on the latest. Why criminality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s written the majority of the debt off as he was a supporter  but there’s about £40,000,000 of debt 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jmc said:

He’s written the majority of the debt off as he was a supporter  but there’s about £40,000,000 of debt 

That's what I thought. He said that he didn't want it back. Has this £40m been racked up since he left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed Davis the old owner and supporter wrote off the 200 million plus that club owed him shortly before his death .. handing the club over the new owners debt free 

It has then been plundered by successive owners since 

but Ed Davis was a true supporter who loved the club and left it debt free 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Not quite , he’s left £15.000.000 debt in the club to prevent assets stripping , which is now proving problematic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jmc said:

 Not quite , he’s left £15.000.000 debt in the club to prevent assets stripping , which is now proving problematic 

£15,000,000.

How much TV money have they been getting each year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC says they have gone into administration today 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet people still want owners at FC Halifax Town to show 'ambition' and spend more money than what the club could realistically afford......

This is what happens and will keep happening to clubs across the country. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

And yet people still want owners at FC Halifax Town to show 'ambition' and spend more money than what the club could realistically afford......

This is what happens and will keep happening to clubs across the country. 

Not unless they guarentee any shortfalls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nick said:

BBC says they have gone into administration today 

Not yet in admin as there’s no confirmation as to who’s triggered it , the saga continues 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

And yet people still want owners at FC Halifax Town to show 'ambition' and spend more money than what the club could realistically afford......

This is what happens and will keep happening to clubs across the country. 

Fans are asking the board to maybe increase a contract offer to Rodney by £200 per week etc not £200.000.000

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shergar4 said:

And yet people still want owners at FC Halifax Town to show 'ambition' and spend more money than what the club could realistically afford......

This is what happens and will keep happening to clubs across the country. 

Aha how pathetic. I think people want the board to show ambition by getting a signing like Rodney and going above what we usually would by about £200-£300 a week not buy a whole team and spend £50k a week on wages. 

Edited by TJAshton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Aha how pathetic. I think people want the board to show ambition by getting a signing like Rodney and going above what we usually would by about £200-£300 a week not buy a whole team and spend £50k a week on wages. 

I don't know what our top pay is?  But i'm pretty sure going £2-300 above that still doesn't match what Salford pay players like Rodney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would assume our top earner is around £900-£1.100 Rodney would imagine £1.500!, whether he would sign for us for a split the difference is another matter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I don't know what our top pay is?  But i'm pretty sure going £2-300 above that still doesn't match what Salford pay players like Rodney.

That was just an example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...