Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scot

Notts

Recommended Posts

Don't Notts hold some sort of football league record, like oldest league ground in continual use or something like that? Wonder who holds the record now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoddie said:

Don't Notts hold some sort of football league record, like oldest league ground in continual use or something like that? Wonder who holds the record now? 

Yes I think they have a sigh on one of there stands the says the oldest football club in the the world,   Now a     ex f c     will they have to take it down ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Don't Notts hold some sort of football league record, like oldest league ground in continual use or something like that? Wonder who holds the record now? 

Bramall Lane is the oldest.

Edited by TheNorwegianViking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Yes I think they have a sigh on one of there stands the says the oldest football club in the the world,   Now a     ex f c     will they have to take it down ?.

Yes, and proudly replace it with...

‘The newest non-league club’ 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oldest professional football club in the world 

founder member of the football league

nick  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Don't Notts hold some sort of football league record, like oldest league ground in continual use or something like that? Wonder who holds the record now? 

Stoke city 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scot said:

Stoke city 

Well researched

maybe they could put a cheeky bid in for Notts county’s signage!? :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as they bring a good following to The Shay and we make a nice bit of brass I couldn't give a monkeys about them. 

A nice little derby game for Chesterfield I suppose.

It's nice to see a few teams that will bring away followings of over 500 to The Shay. DB will be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Scot said:

Stoke city 

The old Britannia Stadium maybe but they left that in 1997.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The old Britannia Stadium maybe but they left that in 1997.

I would have thought either Everton or Sheffield United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The old Britannia Stadium maybe but they left that in 1997.

It’s league status .. not oldest ground ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They claimed to be the oldest professional league club.

I guess they will still be the oldest professional club, unless Sheffield FC hire a full time tea lady. 

And to think their place could be taken by Fylde, who have less at home matches than Notts take to some away matches.

That’s the way it’s going, the lines between traditional league club and non-league are getting more and more blurred.

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scot said:

Two games I will definitely be at next season.

Turning them over would be sweet for the manager 

Some poisonous Magpie fans are experiencing some well deserved karma and yes , 100% biased so shoot me 

Feel bad for their good fans and I met a few in Nottingham ... but the rest ? F**k ‘em 

I don't blame you at all for sticking with your friend.

I do hope that when the time comes, you will not feel as bitter towards us ;)

From what I have seen on this forum, no one has wished him any ill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Macam blue said:

I don't blame you at all for sticking with your friend.

I do hope that when the time comes, you will not feel as bitter towards us ;)

From what I have seen on this forum, no one has wished him any ill.

Macam , Notts fans were absolute poison from Day 1.

JF has been in football all his life but the vicious abuse aimed at him was so bad he couldn’t even bring his family to games to watch and that’s really sad 

Won 2 out of his first three games and they still gave him dogs abuse because a) he wasn’t experienced b ) he was Scottish and c) he came from a job at Forest 

Terrible fans who are now reaping what they sowed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scot said:

Macam , Notts fans were absolute poison from Day 1.

JF has been in football all his life but the vicious abuse aimed at him was so bad he couldn’t even bring his family to games to watch and that’s really sad 

Won 2 out of his first three games and they still gave him dogs abuse because a) he wasn’t experienced b ) he was Scottish and c) he came from a job at Forest 

Terrible fans who are now reaping what they sowed 

David McCarrey will be delighted at this !! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jmc said:

David McCarrey will be delighted at this !! 

He is ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019, 14:03:06, TheNorwegianViking said:

The answer is further up this thread.

Your answer is obviously lost in translation.

Before seeing the answer, I would have gone for either Everton or Sheffield United.

Do you understand that? Do you need me to explain it in a simpler fashion? That doesn't mean clothing.

:doh:

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is a club the “oldest”? If they were formed before anyone else who did they play?

Maybe the others have gone out of business or become a different team like Blackburn Olympic and Newton Heath did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019, 10:10:40, Scot said:

It’s league status .. not oldest ground ;)

For many years The Shay was the oldest ground in England (based upon construction date of stands!)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2019, 09:02:07, Nick said:

Oldest professional football club in the world 

founder member of the football league

nick  

They were only ever any good while they were the only team going.....:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/05/2019, 16:27:32, Riders of Rohan said:

How is a club the “oldest”? If they were formed before anyone else who did they play?

Maybe the others have gone out of business or become a different team like Blackburn Olympic and Newton Heath did.

I don't know but if we'd been the oldest we would have probably drawn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...