Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man

Johnson !!!!!

Great news. Potentially the best keeper in the league. Great to get him signed on a 2 year deal too 

21 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

Must be our longest serving player and close to a record of appearances for the resurrected club

6th in the list according to the article on the site

Edited by shaymandownsouff

Just now, choppiebinkie said:

Must be our longest serving player and close to a record of appearances for the resurrected club

Sam Johnson remains with ‘The Shaymen’ for a further two years. The ‘shot stopper’ today (Saturday) penned a two year deal committing himself for the 19/20 & 20/21 campaigns.

Johnson originally signed for Town on loan in the 2014/15 season from Port Vale making 25 appearances. He rejoined Town for a second loan spell making another 19 appearances.

He signed permanently in the summer of 2017 and is now Town’s sixth highest appearance maker for FC Halifax Town with just Scott McManus, Danny Lowe, Matt Glennon, Tom Baker and Liam Hogan ahead of him.

I notice that Kossy has said well done to Johnson for getting a new contract.

A fan responded to him asking him to stay too and he liked it. Could be a promising sign

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJS said:

I notice that Kossy has said well done to Johnson for getting a new contract.

A fan responded to him asking him to stay too and he liked it. Could be a promising sign

Surely not. All the in the knows are dead certain he's off and someone at fylde told me he's already signed for Salford... :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Surely not. All the in the knows are dead certain he's off and someone at fylde told me he's already signed for Salford... :rolleyes:

He has looked unhappy at times this season. Especially around January onwards when the rumours began. On the other hand, it's also worth mentioning that he tweeted about season tickets the other day.

Wow that's what I call great news and its only May,never worry with big Sam in goal and well done the club.

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

The other rumour is he wants to go part time due to business interests. 

If he's available to sign for next season I wonder do so but on less money. He had a poor season overall last last season and he has a lot to prove, in my opinion.

Johnson signing is brilliant. Well done JF . Brilliant season and such a popular keeper.

Here's to him smashing our appearence record and getting 20+ clean sheets for the next two seasons.

15 hours ago, dj funky said:

Wow that's what I call great news and its only May,never worry with big Sam in goal and well done the club.

Finished the season on a real high, also has a high penalty save ratio.

2 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Finished the season on a real high, also has a high penalty save ratio.

The penalty save at Altrincham will always be one of my favourite moments, it was a huge contribution towards our promotion in my opinion. 

Whoever our official stats man is, I would love to know how many penalties Sam Johnson has faced, and how many have been saved/missed versus scored with him in goals?

Edited by olitheshayman
  • Like 1