Sign in to follow this  
Redcard

£20k bonus

Well done Eastleigh. We gain nothing financially from their fans, but now they have consigned Wrexham to another visit to the Shay next season we can look forward to £20k from their following. That should make up the shortfall in Rodney’s wages. Get him signed!

• Like 3

So a wrexham visit is like 100 season tickets 

Just now, Nick said:

So a wrexham visit is like 100 season tickets 

They brought 1196 x 20 = 23920  100 x 199 = 19900 so it does yes

27 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

They brought 1196 x 20 = 23920  100 x 199 = 19900 so it does yes

I'm sure they didnt all pay 20 notes Steve but still a good pay day if there near the top again.

1 minute ago, greygoose said:

I'm sure they didnt all pay 20 notes Steve but still a good pay day if there near the top again.

Your probably correct greygoose I was thinking mid-week so no kids but it was Easter Monday so could have been.

7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Your probably correct greygoose I was thinking mid-week so no kids but it was Easter Monday so could have been.

That is only the gross taking, you need to consider the VAT and the costs involved before considering how much money they will contribute.

1 hour ago, Norm said:

That is only the gross taking, you need to consider the VAT and the costs involved before considering how much money they will contribute.

It's still a hell of a lot more than any of the other play off contenders ever bring to The Shay, so in that respect it's hard lines Wrexham but well done to us.

Edited by Erik Everhard

30 minutes ago, Norm said:

Same with with season tickets so ratio is the same is it not.

1 hour ago, greygoose said:

Still a good pay day for us even allowing for concessions and juniors, cost of extra stand c/w stewarding and turnstile guys, police costs etc

Just now, chadders said:

Still a good pay day for us even allowing for concessions and juniors, cost of extra stand c/w stewarding and turnstile guys, police costs etc

Ate you Mr b in disguise? :blink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Ate you Mr b in disguise? :blink:

3 hours ago, greygoose said:

No just being realistic and looking at the bigger picture.

41 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

If we play Stockport at home last game of the season and they need to win to clinch the National League title you will be talking 5 to 6 thousand travelling over to us .

I can't see it but you never know. I think it will be a season of consolidation for Stockport. Although, despite that, I still expect them to bring over 500 depending on if it's a Tuesday or a Saturday. A Saturday could see 1000. Depends when we play them.

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

If we play Stockport at home last game of the season and they need to win to clinch the National League title you will be talking 5 to 6 thousand travelling over to us .

Stockport or Wrexham. Hartlepool or Chesterfield? What we all want is them coming down t'shay last game of season when we are winning the league by a country mile & they are trying for play off's:)

Now that would sell season tickets & get me off JF's back.

Positivity guys & Gals, positivity.:P

• Like 2

Just now, Macam blue said:

Stockport or Wrexham. Hartlepool or Chesterfield? What we all want is them coming down t'shay last game of season when we are winning the league by a country mile & they are trying for play off's:)

Now that would sell season tickets & get me off JF's back.

Positivity guys & Gals, positivity.:P

Notts County too with a bit of luck.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Is DB, Norm in disguise?

1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Notts County too with a bit of luck.

Now your talking, Bet JF would love that :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Not again, we will end up sat in the sunshine on Hunger Hill!

17 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

It's still a hell of a lot more than any of the other play off contenders ever bring to The Shay, so in that respect it's hard lines Wrexham but well done to us.

I wasn't questioning that Erik.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Same with with season tickets so ratio is the same is it not.

The vat side of things yes  not sure about the incidental costs of match days but printing and admin costs aside.

I would imagine that a greater % of season ticket costs go towards the budget.

I am not disputing that having a number of northern based well supported ex fl clubs in the league is better for the finance at the shay.