Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Excuses started already

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Ah fair enough let’s just settle for mid table mediocrity

 

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Ah fair enough let’s just settle for mid table mediocrity

We all want to win the league of course..... but let’s be realistic ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nick said:

Think he fell into a reporters trap 

Q question so how the playing budget this year 

answer A .. we have a good budget this year .. so I will be able to bring in really good players 

answer B .. we have a tight budget, we will have to make some tough choices and try and be clever in our recruitment 

Answer c I won’t answer that question as I don’t want to upset the message board or put off a few people buying season tickets 

and we all know “A” would just be a lie 

Get real guys .. a 1000 season ticket before vat is 200,000 after vat is 160,000 

yes the playing budget cannot depend on season tickets as the sale of season tickets is likely to only make up less than 20 percent of the cost of running the club 

nick 

 

 

Norwich City & Sheff Utd both got promoted with a mixture of free transfers &signing players that did not cost the earth.McGoldrick & Pukki for example.

Fullarton needs to stop feeling sorry for himself.Good players are out there that don't cost a fortune.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shergar4 said:

 

We all want to win the league of course..... but let’s be realistic ffs

Yes but atleast some ambition has to be shown to progress ffs. People aren’t gonna pay to just watch their team ponder around mid/lower table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope my neighbours don't read the form...I persuaded them to buy family season tickets..JF is talking about struggling already next season..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Yes but atleast some ambition has to be shown to progress ffs. People aren’t gonna pay to just watch their team ponder around mid/lower table. 

What is ambition? DB throws loads of cash at it, we don’t get promoted, pulls out, we are left with players on a massive wage that we can’t get rid of, club goes bust, piss through evo stick again, get to conference then do same again? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shergar4 said:

What is ambition? DB throws loads of cash at it, we don’t get promoted, pulls out, we are left with players on a massive wage that we can’t get rid of, club goes bust, piss through evo stick again, get to conference then do same again? 

No Shergar. DB does as he is doing, stay's & persuades Manager to have a more positive approach. Oh & get those non existing scouts out looking for those new gems. They are out there, just need to unearth them as before.

Hey presto, everybody is happy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

What is ambition? DB throws loads of cash at it, we don’t get promoted, pulls out, we are left with players on a massive wage that we can’t get rid of, club goes bust, piss through evo stick again, get to conference then do same again? 

Not at all, we build a scouting system find the players we can develope as we have done in the past ..... Vardy,Gregs,Roberts,Pearson,Gardner and many many more. We do not just give up or as I have said before you may just as well throw the junior team/or team from Saville park in and accept your fate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Not at all, we build a scouting system find the players we can develope as we have done in the past ..... Vardy,Gregs,Roberts,Pearson,Gardner and many many more. We do not just give up or as I have said before you may just as well throw the junior team/or team from Saville park in and accept your fate.

Agree....but I think people want a massive influx of cash for the manager to sign whatever he wants. He understands the pool we are fishing in. With regards to the previous set up under aspin, with McClelland in tow we did unearth these gems. But let’s not think JF isn’t trying, he has signed some players who haven’t worked out but some also have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Ambition would perhaps be thinking that maybe this might be our year. Sure, we can't pay the biggest wages so let's get a squad who want to progress, win games and prove themselves. Hard workers whose hearts match the size of their ambition rather than their pay packets. Pie in the sky stuff? Perhaps. Ask Jon Brown, Dave Hanson, Andy Thackeray and all the rest. A team full of nobodies (and Brian Kilcline) who played for each other, out-paid and - on paper - out-matched by Rushden, Kidderminster and no doubt a few other clubs at the time. Maybe we can sneak into seventh and give ourselves a fighting chance. Hell, maybe we can find the next Vardy or Horsfield or Gregory or Allison or Lucketti.

Why must we accept mediocrity just because we're Halifax Town? I'm sick of hearing from people who talk our chances down, piss on our ambition and demand we subscribe to the notion that our place in the great footballing pyramid is forever fixed in tier 5 - if we're lucky!

People call me negative but the really dangerous, really negative ones are those who suckle at the teat of "well, we're Halifax Town and we'll only ever be ****." You do more damage than I'll ever do every time you spew this shite.

The teams you mentioned, the players you mentioned are one -offs. Don’t happen on a regular basis. I am ambitious in my support of town but wouldn’t want the club to be put at jeopardy. Has JF said he isn’t looking for those types of players....no? So carrying on ‘assuming’ and telling a tale to match your own views. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Ah fair enough let’s just settle for mid table mediocrity

I have never said that 

I want promotion every year .. we have done before and we will do it again 

we have a good coach .. let’s see if he can turn into a good manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JF previously Managed at Notts County even though it wasn’t long ,Notts County budget would make ours look very poor,Macclesfield have shown at this level that you still can achieve promotion .Look at Fulham spent over 100 million they were something like the 4th biggest spenders and still went down,My only grip is when you are trying to sell season tickets you don’t do interviews like that ,I am sure we have got a few on here who have done some selling and sales work past or present and you wouldn’t diss something you were trying to sell especially when heavily promoting it .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

JF previously Managed at Notts County even though it wasn’t long ,Notts County budget would make ours look very poor,Macclesfield have shown at this level that you still can achieve promotion .Look at Fulham spent over 100 million they were something like the 4th biggest spenders and still went down,My only grip is when you are trying to sell season tickets you don’t do interviews like that ,I am sure we have got a few on here who have done some selling and sales work past or present and you wouldn’t diss something you were trying to sell especially when heavily promoting it .

Agree with this fully....but the title is excuses started already rather than manager isn’t trying to sell season tickets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shergar4 said:

Agree with this fully....but the title is excuses started already rather than manager isn’t trying to sell season tickets

But his comments are damaging the club ,or is it down to the way Courier want to try and sensationalise the story ,The budget will probably be similar to what we have had ,There is no doubt that quite a few players will go,Can the club afford to carry injury prone players like McDonald and Tomlinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last season JF said he had contacts for many players who he had been watching so this season with only him doing the scouting seems like we have not much chance of getting another Vardy.Lots of 500 ml trips round the country for what.One thing for sure if we have a bad start to the season he can always blame the old chestnut poor budget. Getting exited already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

But his comments are damaging the club ,or is it down to the way Courier want to try and sensationalise the story ,The budget will probably be similar to what we have had ,There is no doubt that quite a few players will go,Can the club afford to carry injury prone players like McDonald and Tomlinson.

Would have to believe that Odelusi and Macleod would have been a couple of the highest earners of last season given where they came from. I would be surprised is Odelusi is still here, same with Kosylo maybe. Hopefully the recruitment is good and we can have a good start and get the feel good factor back then kick on.  I really do think we have the basis of a good team, Johnson, Duckworth/Hanson, Clarke, Brown, Maher, Berrett, King....a few quality additions at LB, Winger and fingers crossed Rodney and we will go close to playoffs hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You couldn’t make this **** up. The season hasn’t even started yet and here we are. Bitching about everything. Does anybody read the news? Have you seen the mess that some other teams ie Bolton are in? 

I am very grateful that this club is run prudently and back them by buying a season ticket. What actually is the point in starting a thread to try and bring the club/manager down? 

You will never be criticised by someone who is doing more than you. You will only be criticised by someone doing less. 

I’m glad that Rocket Salad put the final nail in the coffin and encouraged me to post less frequently by his unacceptable level of abuse. Something which he is really proud of bless him. 

Up the Shaymen. Can’t wait for next season. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have read the news, it was Fullarton doing the bitching . We look forward to playing Bolton and Notts County next season, two teams that Fullarton might fancy his chances against

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

You couldn’t make this **** up. The season hasn’t even started yet and here we are. Bitching about everything. Does anybody read the news? Have you seen the mess that some other teams ie Bolton are in? 

I am very grateful that this club is run prudently and back them by buying a season ticket. What actually is the point in starting a thread to try and bring the club/manager down? 

You will never be criticised by someone who is doing more than you. You will only be criticised by someone doing less. 

I’m glad that Rocket Salad put the final nail in the coffin and encouraged me to post less frequently by his unacceptable level of abuse. Something which he is really proud of bless him. 

Up the Shaymen. Can’t wait for next season. 

So because we aren't Bolton, we aren't allowed to talk about ambition? We should just settle for "existing".

What's the point?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

You couldn’t make this **** up. The season hasn’t even started yet and here we are. Bitching about everything.

Bitching about the manager's "foot in mouth" disease, coming at a great time with the club trying to sell season tickets. JF could deny the Holocaust and you and Scot would find some way to defend him.

12 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I am very grateful that this club is run prudently 

Remains to be seen, last two seasons the club has needed to dip into the reserves for 6-figure sums, and more of the same next season is planned. Without the Vardy/cup/etc. cash, it makes me wonder where we'd be if we supposedly already have one of the lowest budgets in the league. I support the BoD right now but I worry the time when the money runs out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Bitching about the manager's "foot in mouth" disease, coming at a great time with the club trying to sell season tickets. JF could deny the Holocaust and you and Scot would find some way to defend him.

Remains to be seen, last two seasons the club has needed to dip into the reserves for 6-figure sums, and more of the same next season is planned. Without the Vardy/cup/etc. cash, it makes me wonder where we'd be if we supposedly already have one of the lowest budgets in the league. I support the BoD right now but I worry the time when the money runs out.

I suppose the big question is how much time do we have 'drip feeding' the clubs running costs at its current rate? Surely if its a 6 figure sum per season and were already a year into that then were not looking at much beyond the next 2/3 years?

Perhaps there hoping to build the fan base to point where it can self run at the increased costs, a risky ploy but equally something that had to be done.

Its also pretty likely that in the coming years the BOD will start looking at the process of handing on the reigns, perhaps they already have this in mind and are just having a few years of spending the clubs cash in an attempt at success. Lets just hope that when that day comes we fall into safe hands, they have always maintained that they will leave the club debt free and theres no evidence to suggest otherwise. What happens after that is anybodys guess? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...