Erik Everhard

Music at The Shay

I know it's been mentioned countless times in the past but it's still a source of frustration for many fans. Now there seems to have been a mini revolution in terms of communication with the club and the fans and a feeling of cooperation and a feeling that realistic ideas brought forward from fans could well be implemented. So, with this in mind, why don't we as supporters via this board or by Facebook or Twitter or by all 3, come up with a definitive song or piece of music that we want the players to run out to before a game?

Perhaps we could whittle down the suggestions to four songs/pieces of music and then have a vote via the mediums I've mentioned above.

My own suggestion would be for Glory Shone Around. I was in two minds whether to recommend this song because I didn't want it to detract from the songs original purpose but I feel it's a great song written by fans of the club and it will forever be remembered as the song from Wembley anyway. So why not walk out onto the pitch before a game to it?

What do other posters think? Oh, also, fans know the words and maybe, perhaps, might sing along to it before the game and create an atmosphere.

Edited by Erik Everhard

I wish they would stop playing the music when they score (or that song at least) feels so outdated and on the occasions if say 3-0 down and pull a goal back with a minute to go it’s quite embarrassing 

• Like 4

'Shaymen Of Halifax Town' all day long for me. 

I don't like the current music as they play it at Leeds. We have our own unique song so we should use it. 

Failing all that, 'Hurdy Gurdy Man!' 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

'Shaymen Of Halifax Town' all day long for me. 

I don't like the current music as they play it at Leeds. We have our own unique song so we should use it. 

Failing all that, 'Hurdy Gurdy Man!' 

I agree with Shaymen of Halifax. QPR/Millwall/Chorley among others come out to similar “corny” old fashioned songs, but they get the atmosphere going with the crowd. 

As a side thing, how about playing the “Der der der der der der der der der Shaymen” from glory shone around just before kick off, get the atmosphere going and the crowd singing along

• Like 2

Quite like the song, sounds dramatic. Still think it might be a good idea to change it

4 hours ago, fchtnico1 said:

I wish they would stop playing the music when they score (or that song at least) feels so outdated and on the occasions if say 3-0 down and pull a goal back with a minute to go it’s quite embarrassing 

To be fair they only played the goal celebration music about half a dozen times this season. As previously stated my vote would be for Hawaii 5-0. Also to be played when an opponent is in trouble with the ref and the crowd then shouts “Book him Danno”

• Like 1

Remember when the club asked us to send 5 tunes well I sent my 5 and they have not played one so they can keep playing the funeral song for all I care. How dare you call me a dinosaur forever a shayman, The club will play what they want in the end no matter what we want.

36 minutes ago, ShayW said:

Quite like the song, sounds dramatic. Still think it might be a good idea to change it

Yes i like,it as a strong feeling to it and very dramatic ,plus powerfull

Not a fan of the walk out music but I've heard worse.

Think there's 2 ways to pick walk out music. Either use something connected to the club or town or just use something that will get people's blood pumping. Man Yoo use Stone Roses' This is the one as they're local lads and supporters of the club. England use Oasis' F'in in the bushes at Wembley because Oasis are massive and loads of people will get the feeling that they got when Oasis used to walk on stage. It's all about getting people up for the game that's about to start.

Same with the music played before the game. Just play music people can bounce to. Oasis, Courteeners, Catfish, Kaiser Chiefs, etc. 

These aren't all my preferred bands btw, just what I'd expect a DJ to play to get people up for it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Alright Andy said:

Not a fan of the walk out music but I've heard worse.

Think there's 2 ways to pick walk out music. Either use something connected to the club or town or just use something that will get people's blood pumping. Man Yoo use Stone Roses' This is the one as they're local lads and supporters of the club. England use Oasis' F'in in the bushes at Wembley because Oasis are massive and loads of people will get the feeling that they got when Oasis used to walk on stage. It's all about getting people up for the game that's about to start.

Same with the music played before the game. Just play music people can bounce to. Oasis, Courteeners, Catfish, Kaiser Chiefs, etc. 

These aren't all my preferred bands btw, just what I'd expect a DJ to play to get people up for it.

Same here, apart from Oasis them bands aren't my choice either, but I know for a fact from going on the bus to away games with the younger lot that it'll get them pumped up and in the mood for singing if they play these type of bands and songs half an hour until kick off. The club are missing a trick with this. 

Things like 'Not 19 forever' stone roses, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Take it no chance for Buddy Holly then... Image result for buddy holly photo

The theme for the season after the first 3 opening promising matches should be 'not fade away' like the last 2 seasons have. 

I'm waiting for one of our comical knobs to suggest "On Ilkley Moor"!!!!!! Mind you that would be ten coats better than the bloody tune they play now or anything by Coldplay.

Edited by archietaylor7

'The Disappointed' - XTC

'Heven Knows (We're) Miserable Now', (2018-19 version). The Smiths, re-mix back by popular demand.

'Hurt'- Jonny Cash

'Mouth Almighty' - Elvis Costello

'Day Dream Believer' - Monkees

'My Pyramid of Emotions' - JF and the U21 Academy, (yet to be released)

Sorry for the negativity, just hope we have some entertainment to cheer throughout the season, not the dour show we had from Sept-Feb!

Oh I forget . . .

'Welcome Home', by Peters and Lee, for all who post, but never attend!

On a positive note . . .

I do like the Dream Academy's, 'Life In A Northern Town', but it is played infrequently.

Up the Shaymen!

Edited by Caygillwashere

4 hours ago, Lammie said:

To be fair they only played the goal celebration music about half a dozen times this season. As previously stated my vote would be for Hawaii 5-0. Also to be played when an opponent is in trouble with the ref and the crowd then shouts “Book him Danno”

Is there a Hawaii 0-0 version? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forever a Shayman said:

If you want to take lessons in how to get an atmosphere going go to Huddersfield Town ,They might have had a disastrous season but they know how to build an atmosphere .

A few years back they encouraged the lads who wanted to sing and cheer all game to all sit behind the goal plus the club assisted with banners and the like.  Simple stuff but once one section is making the atmosphere the rest of the ground joins in. 

Shaymen of Halifax Town as team come out for me as it’s one that the fans can get their voices warmed up to & hopefully continue to encourage the team when the game starts ‘when Glory shone around when we score. I asked the question of the officials sat at the desk about changing the music, only to be told the chairman has chosen the music & it’s not negotiable 

• Like 1