Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Matty Brown

Bless him, he seemed to be holding up that sign for a long time! Hopefully if he eats his spinach he'll grow to fit it one day.

Just now, Ash said:

He’s becoming one of the all time greats in my eyes 

I'm really glad the club stuck with him through his injury. It was a gamble that has paid off handsomely for both parties. It feels like Matty Brown really appreciates the loyalty shown towards him.

A really committed and professional player who is a damn good centre half. We are lucky to have him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I'm really glad the club stuck with him through his injury. It was a gamble that has paid off handsomely for both parties. It feels like Matty Brown really appreciates the loyalty shown towards him.

A really committed and professional player who is a damn good centre half. We are lucky to have him.

When we signed him the Chester fans did say that if you can keep him fit you are getting a very good player.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Nice to see he gave his shirt to the young lad with the sign. True gent 

Credit to Duku for saying to the young lad that he would ask him, and he did just that at full time 

• Like 4

Getting better and better.  Solid at the back,reads the game well,excellent in the air and an attacking threat in the opposition box. Excellent captain 

One of the best captains I’ve seen since watching Halifax. Love the Lad. 

Puts his body on the line every game and would do anything for this club! A captain, leader and Legend! 

Glad the club stuck by him! 

8 hours ago, Big D said:

He is in my eyes Mr Halifax Town!

has been since Macca moved on!

Scores the header that wins Town promotion either automatically or at Wembley. You heard it here first! 

Mind you I also said Matty Pearson would captain The Shaymen back into the Football League so... 

1 minute ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Scores the header that wins Town promotion either automatically or at Wembley. You heard it here first! 

Mind you I also said Matty Pearson would captain The Shaymen back into the Football League so... 

Well he got there and even the championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

9 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

He might come back and prove you right.

2 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I love him! 

When he did that interview after we beat Salford in the play-offs and he commented on us being crackpots and he could smell the ale from the pitch. 

He's a decent fella who has liked and responded to a few daft tweets of mine and my friends. He's just a normal decent fella who knows how and when to take the P*$$ and I bet he's a reyt daft get in the dressing room, but also a tough and fair character when it comes to giving out a bolloxing! 

He is a great captain and it's great to see him stay fit. He's approaching Paul Stonemam levels in my opinion.  

As I was reading through this thread Paul Stoneman was the player I was thinking about too. 

38 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Daft as it sounds, I agree . Big Sam could easily kick the ball 100 + yards

But unfortunately, without the ability to choose which direction it travels! :wacko:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, DavidB86 said:

But unfortunately, without the ability to choose which direction it travels! :wacko:

The reason partly due to having to under hit his kicks because of his size, Drench at 5' can ping the ball due to his lack of inches . Has anybody done a study into goalkeeper size and distribution ?