Sign in to follow this  
shaymen down under

2017/18 Vs 2018/19

So we finish in the same position and interestingly we only scored 4 less goals than last season. Won the same number of games but had a way better goal difference.

CEF108F1-827D-497C-AD40-A4979AE69E94.png

788DCA95-4C06-41EF-BBED-3EA11A4910D2.png

Edited by shaymen down under

Let's be honest without a change of Directors and Manager it will be the same next year and the year after and the year after and the year after, and so on. But we live in hope that a Billionaire godfather will come along, that's football these days I'm afraid.

Well, this season was an improvement, most significantly in defence. In attack we ultimately got bailed out by some expert loan signings.

We are hovering in this sort of purgatory place with our feet held to the fire of relegation in phases throughout the season. It would be funny if next season we have another great opening 5 games. We've had three seasons in the National league where we've been top of the league early doors before petering out with the sound of a sad sliding trombone.

It's tantalising because we know that our club is not at risk, but we know that we've really plateaued at this level. There are several other teams around us in the table who have gone through the same rubbish as we have. Are we more entitled to have a better season than Hartlepool United? Or Chesterfield for that matter, who have spent shed loads of money just to finish one position and one goal ahead of us in the table?

It's been hard going on the pitch, and that's to be expected. Overall I can't grumble overall about what our core squad has achieved. I have my doubts about Fullarton because he doesn't really project this winning mentality to me. For all his expertise in coaching and a stickler for detail, I don't think he has this intrinsic, brutal desire and know-how to win. Still, he's entitled to build our team for another season, learn his lessons and hopefully apply them and prove me wrong. If he does I'll be thrilled. 

What can be improved for next season?
- Left back position.
- A different midfield and attacking system. This needs to change with the help of 3 exceptional signings. Duku and Rodney have shown us what is lacking, but even with them added to our squad our form is not worthy of the play-offs.
- Suspensions- If we're gonna go into the book let's make it because of our toughness and not because of our petulance.
- No brainfarts like the baffling and disgraceful signing of Lenighan.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Well, this season was an improvement, most significantly in defence. In attack we ultimately got bailed out by some expert loan signings.

We are hovering in this sort of purgatory place with our feet held to the fire of relegation in phases throughout the season. It would be funny if next season we have another great opening 5 games. We've had three seasons in the National league where we've been top of the league early doors before petering out with the sound of a sad sliding trombone.

It's tantalising because we know that our club is not at risk, but we know that we've really plateaued at this level. There are several other teams around us in the table who have gone through the same rubbish as we have. Are we more entitled to have a better season than Hartlepool United? Or Chesterfield for that matter, who have spent shed loads of money just to finish one position and one goal ahead of us in the table?

It's been hard going on the pitch, and that's to be expected. Overall I can't grumble overall about what our core squad has achieved. I have my doubts about Fullarton because he doesn't really project this winning mentality to me. For all his expertise in coaching and a stickler for detail, I don't think he has this intrinsic, brutal desire and know-how to win. Still, he's entitled to build our team for another season, learn his lessons and hopefully apply them and prove me wrong. If he does I'll be thrilled. 

- Left back position.
- A different midfield and attacking system. This needs to change with the help of 3 exceptional signings. Duku and Rodney have shown us what is lacking, but even with them added to our squad our form is not worthy of the play-offs.
- Suspensions- If we're gonna go into the book let's make it because of our toughness and not because of our petulance.

Get Rodney signed. Show abit of ambition and it’s the sort of signing that will want people to come next season. 

2 minutes ago, SHAY man said:

Look at the likes of Solihull and Eastleigh last season compared to this season, and definitely look at harrogate too !!

All abit of money behind them. A signing like Rodney would Show ambition and proves that the BOD do actually want to progress this club. Over 400 season tickets sold and the season only ended yesterday. Wait till the new signings and certain players leave that’s when ST sales will increase. 

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

- Left back position.

Why is to be expected that it has to be hard going out on the pitch. Surely we can do better than just going out to resist. Yes, this team and squad has it’s limitations, but the majority of teams this season have the same limitations. (Even those with bigger and better off the field resources haven’t transferred it out on to the pitch). Instead of just doggedly resisting why can’t we take the game to the opposition and actually try to win games. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Which is pretty much when everything went wrong.

It was always going to go wrong. We were eventually going to be worked out at set pieces at that point we had no ability to score until Rodney and Duku came in

16 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Why is to be expected that it has to be hard going out on the pitch. Surely we can do better than just going out to resist. Yes, this team and squad has it’s limitations, but the majority of teams this season have the same limitations. (Even those with bigger and better off the field resources haven’t transferred it out on to the pitch). Instead of just doggedly resisting why can’t we take the game to the opposition and actually try to win games. 

Probably this is the biggest disappointment this season. Brilliant defence yet powder puff everywhere else. There has been nothing in this league that we could not have bettered with a bit more ambition.

Even the O's have not won this league by a country mile shows how average it is.

If done right from now on in. We could start with a 1500 fan base & quickly build to 2000+.

Just needs to show the desire to play the game as it should be played & a few of the floaters will attend.

Come on Town, be brave.

15 hours ago, born to moan said:

Let's be honest without a change of Directors and Manager it will be the same next year and the year after and the year after and the year after, and so on. But we live in hope that a Billionaire godfather will come along, that's football these days I'm afraid.

Let’s bring back Jim Brown Madeley ORouke etc .. we would be guaranteed to go up then ... we have had such great BODs in the past this lot are just not up to the standard of our past glories 

I mean no town hall meetings no administrations no weeks of players not getting paid .. 

It’s  just not the same old club ... oh how how I miss those days 

along with coal miners strikes 3 day weeks unemployment at 2.6 million 

but we were happy then 

;) 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nick said:

Let’s bring back Jim Brown Madeley ORouke etc .. we would be guaranteed to go up then ... we have had such great BODs in the past this lot are just not up to the standard of our past glories 

I mean no town hall meetings no administrations no weeks of players not getting paid .. 

It’s  just not the same old club ... oh how how I miss those days 

along with coal miners strikes 3 day weeks unemployment at 2.6 million 

but we were happy then 

;) 

You've forgot one thing, we were a league club then.:D What's the coal miners strike and unemployment got to do with Halifax Town. Are you a politician you're talking some sh!te.

Edited by born to moan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

You've forgot one thing, we were a league club then.:D What's the coal miners strike and unemployment got to do with Halifax Town. Are you a politician you're talking some sh!te.

We were only a league club as for much of the time there was no relegation 

otherwise we would have gone down decades before we first did !