Sign in to follow this  
vinnyweknuts

Fylde Arrangements

Not been to Fylde before, what is the parking like there and is there any unusual about ticket purchase as I will be very much on the last minute as heading off on holiday directly after the match?

Vinny, great place, loads of parking!! But word of advice!!! Get your tickets on line and take them with you. Its one of those places where you have to go to a box office, get your ticket then go to the gates. Can be a hassle!!!!

42 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Not been to Fylde before, what is the parking like there and is there any unusual about ticket purchase as I will be very much on the last minute as heading off on holiday directly after the match?

Bloody holidays, wait until you retire you wont get any of them. Your missis will have a list as long as your arm.:lol:

Upon first glance, I read this thread title as funeral arrangements! I guess it will represent the final throes of many of the current incumbents in our team. Metaphorically mind! 

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Ample parking but costs a fiver. Tickets can be bought either online beforehand or on the day but as long as you are there in good time no hassle/queues.

Plenty parking beyond the ground but can be a 10/15 minute brisk walk, as said, you have to purchase your ticket from a box office which may have a slow moving queue even though it's only feet away from the turnstiles

2 hours ago, archietaylor7 said:

Vinny, great place, loads of parking!! But word of advice!!! Get your tickets on line and take them with you. Its one of those places where you have to go to a box office, get your ticket then go to the gates. Can be a hassle!!!!

I suspected that might be the case, cheers Archie and others for the Top Tips

Edited by vinnyweknuts

You can use the barcode from your phone to gain access without having to print.

However, if you were born before 1970 you might find this futuristic technology overwhelming. Big Brother is watching you Vinny old luv.

The last time I went was the 3-2 defeat and it was a free-for-all, you could stand, sit and drink wherever you wanted. I assume they’ve tightened things up since then.

• Like 2

Abysmal away day in a part of Lancashire so terrible it may as well be an exclave of Essex. Making other plans, although it was nice to think about his fixture in August in belief it might be a playoffs warm-up (lol).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

How can they tighten it up when those standing have to pass the seated area to access the refreshments ?

They could’ve started by installing a perimeter fence

19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

How can they tighten it up when those standing have to pass the seated area to access the refreshments ?

They've got the bit where you queue up outside the turnstiles for 25 minutes nailed down. Anyone likely to cause aggro will simply give up and go home!

Not sure what it will be like this Saturday but the M61 entering M6 as seen hold ups as far back as Chorley, also gets busy on the M6 inside lane when the M55 comes up but if you get on the second lane it turns into two lanes so can skip getting stuck in the first lane to the M55.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

You can use the barcode from your phone to gain access without having to print.

However, if you were born before 1970 you might find this futuristic technology overwhelming. Big Brother is watching you Vinny old luv.

The last time I went was the 3-2 defeat and it was a free-for-all, you could stand, sit and drink wherever you wanted. I assume they’ve tightened things up since then.

Is the bar code on the receiver or the rotary dialler? I'm just worried the lead won't stretch that far from the hallway!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Is the bar code on the receiver or the rotary dialler? I'm just worried the lead won't stretch that far from the hallway!

Only if it has the handle on the side. Black old wall telephone on white background