Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man

Rodney

Blimey, what a player!! We haven't had someone like that for a while down at he shay. Let's hope we get him next season, game changer! Salford go up then they may look to get rid for new players to come in. Please BoD dig deep and splash some cash !!!

• Like 1

It wont happen Shay Man, he is quality and Salford will want him in their squad. I'm going to make a point of trying to track his future progress because he has all the hallmarks of someone who is going to do well in his chosen profession. I think that's 7 goals in 11 games, QUALITY????

• Like 2

Problem with getting someone on loan from Salford is how much he's likely to be on in wages. Can we compete. He will certainly know we like him though. Will that be enough. 

2 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Someone put a thread on here somewhere the other day saying Southwell had 8, Kosy 7 & Rodders 6, so that's 7 now and I think today was his 11th game???

Club have tweeted that Rodney is the top scorer in league games......

• Like 1

Says everything about the strikers we had for most of the season!!! Unfortunately Rodneys stock has gone up and he wont be with us next season. Quality!! (Reminds me of Dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Really hope we can somehow keep him but I doubt it. He will have better clubs after him offering more money.

9 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

Says everything about the strikers we had for most of the season!!! Unfortunately Rodneys stock has gone up and he wont be with us next season. Quality!! (Reminds me of Dents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

You´ve got a good imagination archie.:D

• Like 1

He needs game time 

if Salford go up he is not going to get it 

so he needs to leave 

if Salford don’t go up then he will get the game time as he has shown at this level he can score goals 

I think he shows all the signs of someone who could play at the higher level. Dont forget, he's still very young!!! But he plays like an experienced lad. He's definitely destined for better things?/

• Like 1

Plays the role up top just like Lee Gregory did for us. His hold up play is spot on. He brings other players into the game and that switch from left to right 1st half was top notch. I asked him if he would be staying if offered a contract. He said it’s all out of his hands but he has loved playing with the lads 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Contradicting yourself well done. 

Southwell has recieved negative reviews from people on here for having a shite season. 

He has 6 league goals. 

Yet you all can't get enough of Denton and he's got 5.

Dont let the facts get in the way though 

30 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

I think he shows all the signs of someone who could play at the higher level. Dont forget, he's still very young!!! But he plays like an experienced lad. He's definitely destined for better things?/

Yes, he's only 20. He's going to do well. 

Honestly think our only chance of getting him is if he stays at Salford and we try get him on a season long loan, paying towards his wages. He will be on good wages and is a Manchester lad. If he was to be released from his contract and paid off. Just think they’re would be too many clubs that could afford him before us.

• Like 1

Greggs

•  
  • 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default
  • Members
  • 3,433 posts
1 hour ago, archietaylor7 said:

Southwell has recieved negative reviews from people on here for having a shite season. 

He has 6 league goals. 

Have you got a sense of humour you stupid knobhead????

Graham Alexander will be feeling very pleased with his decision to let us keep Rodney. We gave them a good chance of the title by taking points off Solihull and Orient and today we assured them of 2 or 3 rd place by beating Wrexham. Rodneys goals were a big part of all those results inspired managerial decision letting us keep him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He has 6 league goals. 

The facts are anytime Dentons name is mentioned you can't slay him off quick enough, he's proved you wrong so just move on and support the current squad.

• Like 2

Cant see him getting a look in at Salford even if they dont go up. Either way they will want to bolster their attack by splashing the cash. Im sure we pay enough in wages as dont we also pay accommodation for players like odelusi? Speculate to accumulate.

5 minutes ago, last_chance_saloon said:

He'll want too much bunse to play for us unfortunately as he's looking a very good finisher. 

Whats too much though? I may be way out but say we pay odelusi/southwell 800 a week and Rodney wants 1400 then we pay it as we can recoup the money by getting rid of the deadwood. If we want to progress we have to sign players of this quality. Its not about signing 15 players and breaking our budget, its about signing 2 or 3 quality players and paying them the money they will show they are worth.

• Like 1

Whatever Salfords fate this season Rodney will be way out of our range wage wise. If Salford get rid then there will be plenty of suitors able to offer more wages and a better chance of on field success than us even in the football league. Even if Salford go up and decide to keep then he may go out on loan to a league two club.

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Whatever Salfords fate this season Rodney will be way out of our range wage wise. If Salford get rid then there will be plenty of suitors able to offer more wages and a better chance of on field success than us even in the football league. Even if Salford go up and decide to keep then he may go out on loan to a league two club.

Not too bothered about Rodney, it's Dave I want us to sign.

Should not worry about the cost of rodney 

mid their is one player to break the bank for its him .. 

If we got him we would only have him at the very best for a season if he continues to play like this.. as we would sell him for a good price.. 

i don’t normally support splashing cash 

but he is an exception .. we will make more back in gate receipts and transfer fee than he would cost .. 

onky risk is ... is this a flash in the pan player or a serious contender for better things 

nick