Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Promotion/Play Offs

Leyton Orient are two points clear with only a couple of games to go. I really do hope they finish top and return back to Football League. Proper football club are Orient.

After the league winners there's obviously the play off games. Who do you fancy to win them and who do you want to win them? I want Salford just so we can get them out of the way. No more rediculius money signings and player wages. Well, some will still be silly but not as bad as Salford's.

Sadly Wrexham's hopes of winning the league are now all but mathamatically over. I hope that doesn't take too much away from the following. Always look forward to Wrexham at home. 

Back on topic, hope Leyton go up they have been top for a bit. Getting rid of another "darn saath" trip as well as the 4 who have been relegated would be good also. 

Leyton for the title. 

Wrexham for the play offs (mainly because its bound to happen for them eventually) like Grimsby and Tranmere

Orient have to go to Solihull on Monday, any of the three at the top can win the title yet. Wrexham goal difference rules them out unless they stuff us with a record scoreline.

.3,316 at The Shay for the Bulls game today, can we beat that on Monday?

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Sadly Wrexham's hopes of winning the league are now all but mathamatically over. I hope that doesn't take too much away from the following. Always look forward to Wrexham at home. 

Back on topic, hope Leyton go up they have been top for a bit. Getting rid of another "darn saath" trip as well as the 4 who have been relegated would be good also. 

Leyton for the title. 

Wrexham for the play offs (mainly because its bound to happen for them eventually) like Grimsby and Tranmere

I can't see them bringing any more than 1000. Probably some where between 500 to 1000.

8 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Orient have to go to Solihull on Monday, any of the three at the top can win the title yet. Wrexham goal difference rules them out unless they stuff us with a record scoreline.

Be lucky to get 2000 on 

Wrexham desperately need the points to try and get into 2 or 3 place to give themselves a better chance of promotion 

I see Wrexham having more fans at the shay on Monday than us :) 

maybe we can sell them some season tickets!!!! 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Not unless Wrexham bring loads, which I doubt they will. 

Poor crowd for the rugby. 3300 for a local derby. Over 8000 when Town played Bradford City.

There will be more Wrexham than Town, or not far off.

They’ll bring over 1000 no problem.

• Like 1

Looking at their forum they’re fairly confident of bringing over a 1000 ! Good effort if they do 

In other promotion-playoffs news, I think it's likely that by the end of today Solihull will have beaten Orient, and Salford will be top by one point with just goal difference separating Orient and Solihull going into the final day.

Meanwhile Chorley and Stockport are neck on neck for promotion, and I have a horrible feelign that whoever has to settle with a play-off place won't end up winning promotion, and we might be looking at flipping Brackley getting promoted as the strongest and probably more motivated team in the play-offs 

How the heck have Solihull Moors even made it this far? Where did their success come from? Their promotion from the National League north was on the back of a few freakishly good players at that level like Omar Bogle, but to shat extent have they benefited from a crazy sugar-daddy who somehow sees potential in that rickety ground of theirs? 

I can’t see Solihull winning the title. 

Even if they beat Orient they’d have to do it 4-0 or more to make up the goal difference and go above them.

I can’t see Orient slipping up at home to Braintree on Saturday.

It’s Orient or Salford I reckon.

Doom and gloom in Stockport after losing to Chorley, but Chorley have a tricky game at Spennymoor today, I reckon Stockport could still do it with Curzon and Nuneaton to play.

2 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

I can’t see Solihull winning the title. 

Even if they beat Orient they’d have to do it 4-0 or more to make up the goal difference and go above them.

I can’t see Orient slipping up at home to Braintree on Saturday.

It’s Orient or Salford I reckon.

Doom and gloom in Stockport after losing to Chorley, but Chorley have a tricky game at Spennymoor today, I reckon Stockport could still do it with Curzon and Nuneaton to play.

And Brackley to sail through the playoffs

Had a few beers with my mates I know from Wrexham in the pub .....good laugh...as for the bouncer on the door...what a k...b..refused lads a beer as no I'D...then a few kicked out having a line...pmsl

Looks like Orient have done it baring a mathematical miracle on goal difference 

Glad for them, just to prove that money doesn’t buy everything....Salford

Well, Solihull won't be going up automatically at least. Orient are all but up on goal difference. Surely they won't slip up against Braintree? Surely Salford or Solihull won't win by 4 goals or more away from home? 

Meanwhile it's Harrogant and Eastleigh versus either Fylde or Wrexham in the first play-off round.

Edited by olitheshayman

1 minute ago, olitheshayman said:

Well, Solihull won't be going up automatically at least. Orient are all but up on goal difference. Surely they won't slip up against Braintree? Surely Salford or Solihull won't win by 4 goals or more away from home? 

Meanwhile it's Harrogant and Eastleigh versus either Fylde or Wrexham in the first play-off round.

A big well done to Harrogate in their first season in the National League. I know they have some cash behind them but it's still a great effort to reach the play offs in your first season.

Strange to consider that Devante Rodney might well play a decisive role for Salford City in the play-offs, like a certain Delano Sam-Yorke did for Cambridge United five long seasons ago.
I wonder if he'll play at all on Saturday if his parent club have anything to do with it, considering it's against a potential play-off rival.

Edited by olitheshayman