Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game Hartlepool

End of season three games to go

dead rubber it may be but a good warm up for the last two games starting with Wrexham 

I hope we turn up and play... if some supporters can make the effort then all the players should 

want to finish the season winning and playing well its the best way to go into the close season 

hoping for a win but more importantly a good performance and a good game.. respect to those who are going 

nick 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quizmaster said:

We owe them one big time. Especially the way they got Browny sent off for a non existent 'stamp' on their keeper. Despicable. 

and for last season at their place, 3-0 down before i'd finished my pre-match meat pie                  

This is actually one of the best planned Good Friday fixtures we've had in recent years, even if it's a dead rubber with just pride and a safe league position to play for. Come on you Shaymen boys!

FC Halifax Town: Johnson, Clarke, Brown, Staunton, Kosylo, King, Berrett, Duku, Rodney, Skarz, Hanson.Subs: Preston, Rowley, Freedman, Gondoh, Quigley.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

It’s sad to see, because he’s clearly been a very good football league player, but Joe Skarz’s legs have completely gone.

We need two new left backs. If we can't afford two then we definitely need a new first choice left back. Maybe Sellers as cover.

Will somebody please tell Dave to stop scoring. Every one he gets puts the price up. We will never afford him at this rate...

6 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

This fan base makes me despair.

the same fans that screamed Heath out berating the Town players all half to “smash it in the box”

In an end of season contest with nothing to play for in terms of promotion or relegation.

I think some fans have a bit of a crap life and they like to take it out on the players. Maybe some aren't getting on with their partners or life just hasn't turned out the way they'd hoped. 

Get it on't ruddy deck.

Just now, Hands Off The Shay said:

If only we had had Rodney for a full season!. Not a cat in hell's chance of us signing him unless DB abandons his financial prudence.

We'd be in the play offs.

Let's see how Salford get on in the play offs. If they go up he might find himself surplus to requirements because I'm sure they'll sign a top end League One striker on £5k a week. Or, with a bit of luck, they keep him and loan him out for a seasons development with a National North team who will pretty much guarantee him first team football every week. If that's the case then it might be a 50/50 split on his wages or possibly even better in our favour. The trouble is that if they were to go up, you'd have the likes of Chesterfield and Fylde enquiring about his services too. Also, if he likes it at The Shay it might have a bearing on where he ends up next season.

We live in hope 

How far behind is the commentary ? I know there is normally a minute or so but Hartlepool goal came up on Flashscores about 5 minutes before it was on the commentary.