Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Having a party!

And against a side that baulked at our asking price prior to his move to Fleetwood (and they could have had him for less than what they paid). I enjoy every goal JV scores against the poodles.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

And against a side that baulked at our asking price prior to his move to Fleetwood (and they could have had him for less than what they paid). I enjoy every goal JV scores against the poodles.

I enjoy every goal scored against the Dog Botherers and don't care who gets it :) I sincerely hope they have a double relegation and go down next season as well :D

Edited by Guido
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Ironic that Vardy should score twice against Huddersfield the team when Lee Clark was Manager and he came to the Shay to watch him and said his attitude wasn’t right shows much he knows !

Thought the reason was because huddersfield wouldn't meet his wages or transfer fee?

50 minutes ago, shaymanjoe said:

Thought the reason was because huddersfield wouldn't meet his wages or transfer fee?

No Lee Clark said his attitude was was all wrong I know Huddersfield fans who are still angry about that

10 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Ironic that Vardy should score twice against Huddersfield the team when Lee Clark was Manager and he came to the Shay to watch him and said his attitude wasn’t right shows much he knows !

Who does Lee Clark manage now? 

On 08/04/2019, 08:47:42, Shaymen2008 said:

Apparently no-one. Sacked by Bury October 2017.

No further questions your honour, the prosecution moves that Mr L Clark is a complete idiot!

• Like 1

There are always players managers miss, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Clarke is not the only manager to decide against the risk in Vardy, complete misjudgement of course as Vardy appears to have turned out to be the consummate professional :D

Tbf Vardy wasn't ready for the Championship when he moved to Leicester. He almost packed it in aftet a poor 1st season and the fans weren't taken at all. Its credit to him and his club that its turned out so well for him.

5 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

There are always players managers miss, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Clarke is not the only manager to decide against the risk in Vardy, complete misjudgement of course as Vardy appears to have turned out to be the consummate professional :D

That's the enigma about Vardy. Off the pitch his attitude was all over the shop right until he signed for Leicester. On the pitch he just wanted to win. Of course he did up his fitness at Fleetwood and then Leicester, and he did struggle whilst making the big step up the Championship, and then again into the Premier League. Did he become a consummate professional during this time? Well, speakign of consummate professionalism, Nigel Pearson's tenure at Leicester City ended in precisely the opposite manner, and then they went and won the title.
What's noticeable is that Vardy remained the same sort of player through the glue leagues up until the premier league, his goals were scored in the same way no matter the quality of the defender who had to stop him.
I reckon he just has a freakish psychology for competitive football. It defies science and logic with its simplicity. it's something that's only proven when you put it to the test, and many people don't trust themselves when they come across something so untameable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

The biggest idiots are Crewe Alex they had him there twice on trial and let him go and signed a player we all remember called Jordan Connerton last I heard of him he was at Workington Reds ,I am sure a certain person from Norway will know were he is now.

Vardy had a very tough first year at Leicester on and off the field!

the step up in playing and what he was earning were behind him wanting to pack in after his first season!

he came to the Shay on an International weekend off with a couple of mates!

they were smashed and even worse by end of the game, a bit like Gaza and his hangers on!

Vards dropped about 4K on the floor an estimated by someone who would know nort me!

one of his mates neared his ass to the diners!

He owes a lot to Pearson convincing him that he was good enough and to sort his life out!!

the rest is history and a happy ending to a lad with real pace could head the ball and used both feet!

if only he had signed for Arsenal we would have been quids in!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big D said:

the step up in playing and what he was earning were behind him wanting to pack in after his first season!

they were smashed and even worse by end of the game, a bit like Gaza and his hangers on!

Vards dropped about 4K on the floor an estimated by someone who would know nort me!

He owes a lot to Pearson convincing him that he was good enough and to sort his life out!!

the rest is history and a happy ending to a lad with real pace could head the ball and used both feet!

Last time I saw him at the Shay was when he turned up for a 0-0 pre-season friendly in 2012, I think against Droylsden. What match was this?

Wasn’t pre season as It was an International break, will try and find out on Saturday but don’t think they watched much of the game!

12 hours ago, Big D said:

Pearson spoke very well of that conversation. Had lots of funny stories about Vardy

Absolutely loved ever minute of watching Vardy ripping Huddersfield a new one. 

I love getting into conversations with there new found fans regarding the time we sold him and how they missed a massive trick. 

Half the dumb **** hadn't a clue he'd being at the Shay ffs. 

This photo says it all. Taken at the other end of Europe in 2016 in a dodgy sports shop. Look at the luminaries' names on the other shirts. - Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba. And there in the middle is Vardy. Ex-Halifax. Think my boy (in the foreground) chose a Messi shirt despite much pressure from me! 

iJqOLUa.jpg

• Like 1