Shaymen2008

Leyton Orient match.

5 minutes ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

Not sure what they'll be on. At the 'meet the chairman' evening, he told us that they'd been offered Connor Wilkinson on loan at the start of the season, but that the wages would be £1600 p/wk. The club couldn't afford that. He'd heard that he was on £3-4000 p/wk at Dagenham! 

Yes it is ridiculous money at this level. I do think we have to think in terms of 1k a week now which again is a lot, that´s why I think we have to look at a reduced squad.

31 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes it is ridiculous money at this level. I do think we have to think in terms of 1k a week now which again is a lot, that´s why I think we have to look at a reduced squad.

I'd have thought £4k/month for skilled work is pretty average these days.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rocket Morton said:

With all due respect Scott you dont know the full story. Back in the Wilder era The Tool would be every bit as negative as those he accuses of exactly the same thing today. On and On and ON ... like a stuck record . He could not wait for a bad result to do EXACTLY what he complains on and on and ON about atm.  A snidy insipid piece of detritous , self obsessedi, self ritcheous and condecending. I have No problem whatsoever with opinions ... but i do have a problem with nasty little hypocritical twits who seem to think they know it all. Please read what i say .. NOTHING to do with opinions or positivity..... . Everything to do with Hypocracy and bigotted small mindedness 

I note you haven’t replied to my private message. Is that because you only save your vitriol to show off in front of your mates to get likes. Clearly not adult enough. Gob shite 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

6 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I note you haven’t replied to my private message. Is that because you only save your vitriol to show off in front of your mates to get likes. Clearly not adult enough. Gob shite 

For crying out loud give it a rest :shh:

• Like 4

12 pages in this thread, take the infighting of a few posters and it would be less than 6 says it all really

you guys might think you are being witty or clever but the rest of us don’t :) 

• Like 3

It's even spilt over into my Twitter notifications :lol: thanks to Flea :doh: it looks like the first Shaymen.net wedding might be on the card with PositivelyShaymen having proposed to DawsonEstates :wub: social media is a wonderful place :(

Hahaha .... i havnt looked at it and dont intend to do so ... i have no "mates" on here as you suggest , dont know then from Adam. But i am Very pleased to see that the theads are now much more cordial and rational ... i would like to think that maybe my actions have had a hand in that. The whole point of my posting was to restore some order by getting rid of You old boy... you promised to leave but sadly thats turned out to be  a load more tripe and baloney. Apologies to all else on here my intentions were good ... positive you might say. I will continie to read this forum in a passive manner and look forward to day when you finally do what you say and crawl off ... cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

you need a decent amount of luck too but it certainly might help.

Luck is possibly the main ingredient to success at this level whether you have money or not. Injuries, referee decisions, unearthing a diamond, etc.

On 4/8/2019, 10:45:54, Steve Lanzarote said:

If JF is not here next season I believe it will be his choice and not that of the BOD, they have made their feelings known, It would not be in JF interest to leave as IF he wants to make it in management for his reputation he has to stay and make a success of next season and that is by bringing in the right players and getting rid of the dead wood.

To be honest I think his reputation would neither be enhanced nor diminished if he left at the end of the season. The football has mostly been dire but turning around a relegation scrap last season & a mid-table finish this year wouldn't look too bad on his CV. Hopefully any prospective future employers wouldn't look at the highlight videos!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ash said:

Throwing a bit of money at it doesn’t guarantee success! Look at our best 2 seasons since being relegated from the football league, the year Chris Wilder got us into the play offs and the year Neil Aspin got us into the play offs.

In Wilders year he had a small nucleus of a squad with a couple of loanees to strengthen. We went pretty much the full season with no injuries and won tight games 2-1, 1-0 etc. Things just went our way. The only time they didn’t is when we picked up 2 key injuries in defence in the final and had square pegs in round holes and decent Hereford with Guy Ipoua on the bench.

In Aspins year you had the same, a lot more talent I’d argue as most of them are now in the football league but apart from Gregory breaking his hand twice, we didn’t have many injuries. We just looked nackered in the semi and Cambridge had more resource to throw at it by starting a fresh Sam Yorke

Money won’t buy you success, you need a decent amount of luck too but it certainly might help.

It's not my expertise, but I do wonder how Aspin steered clear of the permanent injury crisis we've had for the last 3+ years.

Under Harvey we had most of our midfielders and defenders out towards the end where you had Hibbs starting in RB for example and a bench made up of inconsistent wingers and no-hopers like Fairhurst and Fazlic.

Then it was back to a crisis straightaway under Heath with Wilde and King out, O'Brien in etc, though the complaints I recall about it back then weren't as bad as autumn the next year when we ended up playing four CMs for a few games. We seemed to have a tight ship of players doing it for each other by the end of 2016/17.

Then you have similar problems now with substantial long-term injuries, although to Fullarton's credit they've been replaced on a very tight basis and I don't think, Rowley aside, we have a fit player who's been sitting out most games.

17 minutes ago, AndyStafford said:

To be honest I think his reputation would neither be enhanced nor diminished if he left at the end of the season. The football has mostly been dire but turning around a relegation scrap last season & a mid-table finish this year wouldn't look too bad on his CV. Hopefully any prospective future employers wouldn't look at the highlight videos!

Wouldn't be a time consuming excersise.

• Like 1

Yea spot on i would say Ash . Precious few injuries and maybe  the rub of the green at times. I would also add that the players gave their All under Wilder .. and i mean absolutely everything ... quite a sight to behold.. and similarly (tho perhaps a slightly lesser extent) with Aspin. Money talks in football of course ..but sometimes a certain chemistry or/and the force of will can prevail... Lieceter being a prime example oc

• Like 1

Orient 2-1 down to Eastleigh, but apparently we were the one who fooked it up!?

Wilder Bollox

• WB 40
  •  
  • IMG_20150904_000924-1.jpg.10f40940129693
  • Members
  • 17,152 posts

Salford could probably walk the league with Beesley and Rodney up front but that's football :lol:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I note from watching Town lately that Rodney & Kosy link very well, so, with that in mind I'm gonna put a tenner on them leading the line for a certain Manchester based team who play in Red who are not Man Unt???? or FC Unt of Man or any other Manchester based club who play in Red other than S----D!!!!

Orient come back to win 3-2 against Eastleigh 

shows what a good result we got 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

another 5203 (159) crowd at Orient tonight, wish we had that support.

It was a good crowd but I believe  it was only a fiver for everyone. If we did the same offer we would probably get under 2,000 :(

22 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

It was a good crowd but I believe  it was only a fiver for everyone. If we did the same offer we would probably get under 2,000 :(

Regionally adjusted, that's about 12p. 

8 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

.....wouldn't be surprised.

On 09/04/2019, 12:37:55, Rocket Morton said:

Hahaha .... i havnt looked at it and dont intend to do so ... i have no "mates" on here as you suggest , dont know then from Adam. But i am Very pleased to see that the theads are now much more cordial and rational ... i would like to think that maybe my actions have had a hand in that. The whole point of my posting was to restore some order by getting rid of You old boy... you promised to leave but sadly thats turned out to be  a load more tripe and baloney. Apologies to all else on here my intentions were good ... positive you might say. I will continie to read this forum in a passive manner and look forward to day when you finally do what you say and crawl off ... cheers

Rocket Salad. Hope you’ve seen my post congratulating Wilder. You won’t get rid of me you little bully boy. Much love 

7 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Rocket Salad. Hope you’ve seen my post congratulating Wilder. You won’t get rid of me you little bully boy. Much love 

Oh FFS thought you'd ****ed off.