Hoddie

Getting Halifax Town to the next level!

The biggest impact?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. The biggest impact?

• A new manager
    • A new board of directors
    • A new stadium

Curious to know which of the three options people think will have the biggest impact in taking the club to the next level. Each has pros and cons. A new manager might have better contacts, a better reputation which could result in a better squad. A new board may bring new ideas, new investment, a better relationship with the rugby club, etc. A new stadium, smaller, perhaps owned by the club, could give the current board more opportunities to increase matchday income.

If we could wish for one out of the three, which would it be?

Assets every time our own ground.....Assets should never be sold off. I still believe in a club like Halifax have to find young talent coach them and move them on. i.e. the Burnley model of the 60s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Curious to know which of the three options people think will have the biggest impact in taking the club to the next level. Each has pros and cons. A new manager might have better contacts, a better reputation which could result in a better squad. A new board may bring new ideas, new investment, a better relationship with the rugby club, etc. A new stadium, smaller, perhaps owned by the club, could give the current board more opportunities to increase matchday income.

If we could wish for one out of the three, which would it be?

It can’t just be one though. For a start we need a new manager obviously. This guys terrible, sets up to not lose and drains us all to death with **** performances. He is certainly not the manager for us next season! 

The BOD are also to blame for us not progressing, by appointing manager who have no experience at all and they’re easily led by cheap options and bullshit powerpoints! They don’t invest in the team good enough to try progress us (that’s if they can put anymore money into the team). 

And the stadium will play its part with the Above two. Get a good manager who is well liked, shows passion for the club and wants to do well and win games, the BOD have to invest in a decent team to get results which will entice more fans and crest a better atmosphere. 

• Like 1

Just now, TJAshton said:

It can’t just be one though. For a start we need a new manager obviously. This guys terrible, sets up to not lose and drains us all to death with **** performances. He is certainly not the manager for us next season! 

The BOD are also to blame for us not progressing, by appointing manager who have no experience at all and they’re easily led by cheap options and bullshit powerpoints! They don’t invest in the team good enough to try progress us (that’s if they can put anymore money into the team). 

And the stadium will play its part with the Above two. Get a good manager who is well liked, shows passion for the club and wants to do well and win games, the BOD have to invest in a decent team to get results which will entice more fans and crest a better atmosphere. 

Indeed you may say more than one, perhaps all, need to change. But which of the three would have the biggest impact if only that one were changed?

Just now, Hoddie said:

Indeed you may say more than one, perhaps all, need to change. But which of the three would have the biggest impact if only that one were changed?

The manager 100%. Aspin got us in the play offs and the quality back then was a lot better and teams were a lot tougher than what they’re now. 

The standard in this league is so so poor apart from your odd team. 

Get a decent manager who knows what they’re doing and results will come and crowds will increase. 

Sheridan has taken over at Chesterfield and since coming in they’ve done well. A manager that knows what he’s doing. 

• Like 3

A new manager who tries to play football and in turn put bums on seats or feet in the South stand.

More of a presence around town with extensive advertising, good offers on tickets and free tickets for the schools up to the age of 12 with 12-18 year old on cheap tickets. 

Good music on the PA to get people (especially the young who'll sing) excited and pumped up for the match. 

Get players to visit schools. 

Its all about having a presence in my opinion. This town is full of GloryHunters and every single person I saw last night whilst out supping said we need more investment, so I told them to p*$$ off and not lecture because we'd have investment and more money if you didn't think the grass is greener. 

I'd get posters in the pubs, framed shirts to put up. 

Id sponsor the local Sunday leagues and offer 2 free tickets to players who win man of the match. 

I understand money doesn't grow on trees but you've got to put the effort in. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The manager 100%. Aspin got us in the play offs and the quality back then was a lot better and teams were a lot tougher than what they’re now. 

The standard in this league is so so poor apart from your odd team. 

Get a decent manager who knows what they’re doing and results will come and crowds will increase. 

Sheridan has taken over at Chesterfield and since coming in they’ve done well. A manager that knows what he’s doing. 

I would of liked Sheridan to have replaced  Heath but cannot remember what his position was back then. He did a good job at Plymouth overall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scot said:

The same Sheridan that went into Notts County after Cooper and Fullarton and did  nothing ? The same Sheridan who went to Oldham ... again ... and got sacked ... again ... that Sheridan ? 

The fact is ... fans react after every game and every peformance ... win and it’s positive ... lose and it’s time to get rid 

Sheridan is a journeyman and if he was at the shay ... you’d cane him aswell TJ

Not quite true Scot. After every win they say don’t get carried away and then after a defeat go to town 

1 hour ago, Scot said:

The same Sheridan that went into Notts County after Cooper and Fullarton and did  nothing ? The same Sheridan who went to Oldham ... again ... and got sacked ... again ... that Sheridan ? 

The fact is ... fans react after every game and every peformance ... win and it’s positive ... lose and it’s time to get rid 

Sheridan is a journeyman and if he was at the shay ... you’d cane him aswell TJ

You can’t take it that your mate is an absolute garbage manager that will go nowhere in football. He is slowly killing the club, and myself and hundreds of other don’t go anymore due to the rubbish he’s serving us up

Sheridan is a good manager and I’d happily have him. 

Edited by TJAshton

All of the above so i haven't voted. 

The manager is up there with the most boring i've ever seen manage us. Is more than happy to not concede every week. And if we spawn a winner so be it. Dull. Boring. Scripted dross

The board who hire anyone who walks in with a power point presentation. Consistently go for unknown and unproven (at this level) managers because they are too cheap to go for a proven option. And are sticking with this manager for the same reason. They know the fans feeling and can see it with the poor attendances. .

And the ground is far too big for its 2 occupents. Thats not likely to change though so thats the least of the 3

Edited by Greggs

Just now, Scot said:

What I can’t take is the outrageous overreactions from some people after , sometimes 45 mins of football.

Im at the stage now that I hope he isn’t there next season and I’ll watch you and others slaughter the next guy .... it’s inevitable 

Yet not being able to get carried away after winning away at Harrogate or beating 2nd placed Solihull at home 

Just now, Scot said:

What I can’t take is the outrageous overreactions from some people after , sometimes 45 mins of football.

Im at the stage now that I hope he isn’t there next season and I’ll watch you and others slaughter the next guy .... it’s inevitable 

Football forums across the country contain comments similar to the ones written here. Pre-internet, fans would get hammered and take it out on the family pet. So, in that sense, football forums provide a vital service. I certainly find it cathartic to vent my spleen on here following a bad performance! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scot said:

I am also at the stage I 100% don’t want him here at the end of the season. 18 draws in a single season, only scoring 35 goals shows exactly how dull and boring he is. 

Wont do anything here and he’s ruining the club so yes I hope he is gone too. 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Yet not being able to get carried away after winning away at Harrogate or beating 2nd placed Solihull at home 

Losing 1-0 to Maidenhead, 0-0 draws constantly, getting hammered by Maidenhead, ebslfeet and aldershot away. Full and boring tactics, never wants to go win a game and have 8/9 players behind the ball constantly. 

Driving hundreds of fans away from coming to the shay and having to pay £20 to watch garbage. 

Yes please don’t get carried away. 

3 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Two very good results out of 35ish this season. Pales into insignificant against the many results like yesterdays.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Two very good results out of 35ish this season. Pales into insignificant against the many results like yesterdays.

Just leave him too it. Let him have his moment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

So are you honestly saying that one point from mid table is a bad season? 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Not interested in having ‘my monent’. I am just flabbergasted at peoples unrealistic expectations 

It’s not expectations. I think it’s more the manager himself, the way we play, the players we have and overall just the garbage performances which have drove 400/500 fans to have this “unrealistic expectation”

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It’s not expectations. I think it’s more the manager himself, the way we play, the players we have and overall just the garbage performances which have drove 400/500 fans to have this “unrealistic expectation”

So you would be happy with sitting in 20th, one point above the relegation zone, playing football like Brazil? I very much doubt so. I think it’s clear to see on this forum that the majority just will never be satisfied. 

• Like 1

Watching football at the Shay this season reminds me of playing football at junior school. Attack and defence, with the Shaymen defending.

26 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

So are you honestly saying that one point from mid table is a bad season? 

No, what I and many others are saying is that the standard of football from the Shaymen is very poor and there is no entertainment value.