Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Ebbsfleet at Home

Should JF keep the same starting 11 as Saturday or do you think he should/will change it slightly to suit our opponents.

I'm starting to look forward to games again. I hope it carries on for the rest of the season and the whole of next season.

Having studied Ebbsfleet he needs to change formation....I’m thinking we should play 3 and a quarter, 4 and a half and 2 and a quarter and put them under as much blind pressure as possible so us fans can go through the pyramid of emotions before coming out with a 2-0 win. 

In all seriousness though, really hope Duku is fit, Quigley just doesn’t seem mobile enough in comparison and throws himself to the ground all the time. Wouldn’t be opposed to playing king instead of Berrett/Staunton/Maher but I’m sure the manager will pick the team he sees as best to get a result. 

Come on Shaymen! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

That's our problem, we are playing in fractions in the decimal age, decimal points are the way to go.

It will never catch on.

11 minutes ago, shaymanjoe said:

Wasn't at the game Saturday, but I'd imagine Maher and Staunton were too alike each other in midfield as usual. Am I correct?

No

Staunton was covering the CBs to counter their ariel threat and Maher slightly advanced to break up their midfield runners

• Like 4

Another home game

three in a week will make it tough on many financially but with Duku and Dave up front at least it should be a decent game, not sure how many games our loanees have left to play but if you have not seen them take this chance 

Ebbsfleet trying to secure a play off means they will come to try and win and that should help us exploit the speed of our front two 

one thing for sure it won’t be a nil-nil 

but going for a 2-1 win as we are playing with such confidence 

nick 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

No

Staunton was covering the CBs to counter their ariel threat and Maher slightly advanced to break up their midfield runners

Maher passed forward and had a 50 yard assist from his own box, for the second goal :-D 

18 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

No

Makes a difference to before Christmas then!! Good to hear.

We owe Ebbsfleet one, after they inflicted us with our heaviest defeat of the season at their place. Come on shaymen do your stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

No

Maher never had a kick, when their man got sent off it made it 10 a side.

Just now, shaycrazy said:

We owe Ebbsfleet one, after they inflicted us with our heaviest defeat of the season at their place. Come on shaymen do your stuff. 

After blatantly cheating for first goal too...........

I don't know what some people watch during the games, Maher is like Jon Brown used to be. He does the covering and breaking up of other teams attacks. Most of the season he has stopped players with pace getting the run on Brown and Clark. It was noticeable on Saturday what the value of that role is. Sollihull didn't have anyone in that role and they were exposed to our pace up front for both the goals.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, townmad said:

I don't know what some people watch during the games, Maher is like Jon Brown used to be. He does the covering and breaking up of other teams attacks. Most of the season he has stopped players with pace getting the run on Brown and Clark. It was noticeable on Saturday what the value of that role is. Sollihull didn't have anyone in that role and they were exposed to our pace up front for both the goals.

I dont think most are opposed to Maher being in the team....it is when there are two or three holding players that seems to get peoples back up when we are at home to the likes of Braintree for example

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, townmad said:

Maher does the job he is asked to do well, on occasions his delivery forward is inaccurate or the wrong option but this has noticeably improved recently with runners ahead of him. 

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Perhaps you know f'all about how football works ? Our second half tactics were spot on !!!

I've forgot more about football than you'll ever know you clever shite. Leave talking about the game to people that have played it and watched it for 60 years. OK we won on Saturday but if you're happy paying  top buck to watch that bang it forward and hope stuff good on you. Just stick to writing your normal drivel on here.

Edited by born to moan

Maher looks poor (through no fault of his own) when we try to play possession based where the defensive midfielder is expected to pick the ball up from the centre halves and make things happen.

Now we’re playing a more direct counter attacking game putting it in behind for quick forwards then Maher is excellent. He’s got a clear job to protect the back 4 and mop up and he does it to the tee.

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

I've forgot more about football than you'll ever know you clever shite. Leave talking about the game to people that have played it and watched it for 60 years. OK we won on Saturday but if your happy paying  top buck to watch that bang it forward and hope stuff good on you. Just stick to writing your normal drivel on here.

:lol: get your facts straight before try your hand at abusive posts :doh:

• Like 1

Actually Born to Moan Saturday was a great example of exciting football and how to beat a team who have better players than you. It works just look at Leicester City they won the Premiership 2015/16 playing the same way as we played saturday alibeit with betters player but there again the opposition they had was just a bit better as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Actually Born to Moan Saturday was a great example of exciting football and how to beat a team who have better players than you. It works just look at Leicester City they won the Premiership 2015/16 playing the same way as we played saturday alibeit with betters player but there again the opposition they had was just a bit better as well.

We kept them out because we have 2 exceptional centre backs, probably the best in the league. They are worth watching. We caught them out with 2 boots upfield where Duku and then Dave outpaced their defence. Duckworth was very good so was Skarz. We are safe now pick a side with a chance of playing football, not full of out of position defender's.