Sign in to follow this  
oldskir

Our magnificent defence!

Totally agree 

the wrong set up was playing two holding mid fielders which meant playing a five man midfield and at this level lone strikers generally don’t have the skill to play alone 

switching to Maher as a single holder midfield in a diamond four has work because we have to up from and Dave seems to have the skill to hold up the ball 

When you have such a solid back four then only one holding midfield is needed

Nick 

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

Nathan Clarke contract extension is a must ,Is Sam Johnson is out of contract at the end of this season?

Yup 30/06 sure he´ll sign on though.

11 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Nathan Clarke contract extension is a must ,Is Sam Johnson is out of contract at the end of this season?

Yep, big Sam's contract is up also, but said in the courier that he enjoys it here & hopes we give him another contract.

A no brainer, best defence in the league.

The club have a perfect opportunity to get contract talks started sooner this season once safety is assured leaving the summer to concentrate on any new signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 154 Hopper Avenue said:

The Chairman confirmed they'd be talking to Johnson about a new contract. As an aside, he spoke about how he came from a full-time, 52-week contract to what was then a 39-week one.

He also talked about how highly regarded Clarke is at the club and by the manager in particular. One player where being in his 30s wasn't seen as a problem. 

I reckon Clarke is a leading contender for player of the season. He's been outstanding.

Earlier on in the season someone on here I cannot remember who actually suggested that letting Scott Garner go was a mistake and that he was better than Nathan Clarke .If you could do a joint award for player of the season it would be Clarke and Brown all day long .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Earlier on in the season someone on here I cannot remember who actually suggested that letting Scott Garner go was a mistake and that he was better than Nathan Clarke .If you could do a joint award for player of the season it would be Clarke and Brown all day long .

Does Brown,  Clarke or Johnnson ever get in the team of the week in the NLP?

Would really like to see that 

a joint award Clarke and Brown.. 

what a pair

Once safety is secured, the club will be able to plan for next season with a solid base of a team where the focus can be concentrated in securing the best of talent for the positions required. This will be the first time for a few years due to the challenge of changing managers, players and leagues.  Next season could be the start of the next step UP, but first JF needs to take 3 points off Ebbsfleet,

Hopefully sat will ensure we’re playing in this division next year and get contracts signed and players earmarked and offers in

6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Does Brown,  Clarke or Johnnson ever get in the team of the week in the NLP?

I don't know Erik I never read it anymore I found the paper too Southern biased unless it has changed now, Do they get in?and is the paper any better?

Edited by Forever a Shayman