Sign in to follow this  
arry4424

JF in the Courier. Delighted at the result!

I love the way he says that on the back of two brilliant results and performances that it doesn't mean he won't change it come Saturday. If he does I sincerely hope it's not back to the sh*te of the last five months. I suppose now we are virtually safe we don't need three points every game and when the loan period is up on our two new players it will be back to the same players that couldn't beat teams like Havent, Chesterfield and Aldershot. Hopefully JF has seen the light and realised that attacking football scores goals that win matches.

Can anyone tell me if blind pressure is good, bad or indifferent? are there different circumstances when blind pressure alters its properties? Can blind pressure alter its states? I'm with Toyah on this one!

• Like 1

Whats not to understand.

Blind pressure is bad. Its when players collectively push forward in an attempt to score with little organisation or structure but relax their defensive duties.

Hes been playing players in the wrong positions due to injuries. Furthermore not had proper options on the bench.

Hes now got players in their best positions with options on the bench who can do a job.

There interpreted for you.

• Like 2

Other than the whole "blind pressure" thing, what's the problem? His Fullartonese interpretation on the game worked emphatically last night anyway.

He mentions we had a rubbish result at Ebbsfleet: agreed. I thought he'd be too distant and objective to reckon any revenge in ahead of Saturday, but he mentions that a change might be needed to avoid getting undone. Fine by me. He hints at what might be done for that, and acknowledges that our line-up fits better for its purpose right now. Again, that's good, shirley?

He loves his blind pressure 

If he goes back to what doesnt work just out of his own personal pride he will piss alot of people off

Edited by Greggs

Fullarton overcomplicates things a lot of the time.Why change a winning team just because of the opposition?It,s only Ebbsfleet for god's sake..Carry on with the momentum.

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

Win matches , who cares how someone talks.

If folk haven’t realised blind pressure means lumping the ball up to the CB’s and looking for scraps from it then they haven’t been listening 

but I think most folk do .....

• Like 1

I actually thought we'd done better recently because we've at last realised that six defending doesn't leave a lot of scope for attacking. From the above comments, it would appear that it's a complete co-incidence that playing with more men forward results in us scoring more goals.

Next we'll be hearing a striker's job isn't to score goals.....

• Like 3

Just now, kit said:

I actually thought we'd done better recently because we've at last realised that six defending doesn't leave a lot of scope for attacking. From the above comments, it would appear that it's a complete co-incidence that playing with more men forward results in us scoring more goals.

Next we'll be hearing a striker's job isn't to score goals.....

You should know that, being the holder of a FA coaching badge :D

24 minutes ago, woody said:

Okay we had a great win last night but reading Fullarton's notes in the Worrier makes me finally realise he's full of his own importance and publicity!

Listen Mr Fullarton,  you might be a self confessed, unimpressed, hard to please, miserable Scotsman, but you're in Yorkshire now and we don't take your bull shitty, self professed, self gratifying remarkes lying down. Infact they are very annoying and repeated on a regular basis to the extent that they mean nothing now......Blind pressure'....

'application'....'changing a winning team'....blah'....blah'....you might as well be talking chuffing Swahili.

Listen pal, take a long hard look at the quote from the late, great Bill Shankly....'“Football is a simple game complicated by idiots” 

Please don't let this idiot through the door next season, otherwise there will be no one coming through the door next season....rant over!

I’m sure when he leaves or gets sacked it’ll be guys like you woody who he will miss the most

The team are in 12th and winning , relax man 

It will be guys like me, who have supported our team, man and boy, for the last few decades, who will definitely not be missing him the most pal !

Do not underestimate the power and feeling of the true supporter ! How many were at the game last night?

I even brought with me a Doncaster Rovers Fan to bolster the attendance.

Ps, he won't leave....try the other option!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, woody said:

It will be guys like me, who have supported our team, man and boy, for the last few decades, who will definitely not be missing him the most pal !

Do not underestimate the power and feeling of the true supporter ! How many were at the game last night?

And you didn’t even have the courtesy to say hello to me.

36 minutes ago, woody said:

It’s football Woody .. anything can happen 

I'm not sure about the reference to "principles of play" over systems. Did we really go out with different principles against Barnet? Is that something the manager has suddenly realised needed to be instilled over the last one or two games!?

If the manager tinkers with what is a winning system when we are at home again and on the ascendancy then it would likely indicate that the previous system was a design of circumstances. Unless of course, he decides to change his principles of play this weekend :blink:

4 hours ago, Greggs said:

He loves his blind pressure 

If he goes back to what doesnt work just out of his own personal pride he will piss alot of people off

It sounds like he’s pissed you off already by winning matches. 

4 hours ago, Scot said:

Win matches , who cares how someone talks.

If folk haven’t realised blind pressure means lumping the ball up to the CB’s and looking for scraps from it then they haven’t been listening 

but I think most folk do .....

Is it necessarily blind pressure, or is he potentially blind to the strategy of the opposition?

14 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Can anyone tell me if blind pressure is good, bad or indifferent? are there different circumstances when blind pressure alters its properties? Can blind pressure alter its states? I'm with Toyah on this one!

Blind pressure is when our opponents cross the ball into our area but not directly aimed at their own team mate but, as I would call it a hit and hope cross into the area to test out centre backs and to see if they make a mistake.

That is my understanding of the term blind pressure. I'm not sure if rumours are true that Jamie Fullarton is planning on doing a cover version of the Queen song Under Pressure, with the Under replaced by Blind. This will be a question that someone needs to ask at the pre season Jamie's Jalfrezi night.

Edited by Erik Everhard

7 hours ago, PhilMiboots said:

And you didn’t even have the courtesy to say hello to me.

Hahaha, sorry mate...didn't see you, I was too busy relearning my goal celebrations..

• Like 1