Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Having had a look at the egg chaaing pictures at Bradford and Dewsbury today i can't help but be a little concered at what has probably happened to the pitch today 

Bradford were playing in white 

1551650722701-1895485203.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drove passed The Shay when the mud wrestling was on and it was absolutely pouring down. Pitch cannot be too good. Ozzie has work to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't need cutting, it's already got far too little grass cover . I do worry about the use of the sprinklers at this time of year when the ground is holding enough natural moisture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game on tomorrow? It was very heavy on Tuesday night and we've had a lot of rain since then. If we play Saturday and the blue frocks play on Sunday the pitch will be goosed for what is left of the season. Ossie and Hansie are good but they are not miracle workers. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quizmaster said:

Game on tomorrow? It was very heavy on Tuesday night and we've had a lot of rain since then. If we play Saturday and the blue frocks play on Sunday the pitch will be goosed for what is left of the season. Ossie and Hansie are good but they are not miracle workers. 

I read that a weather forecast for the next fortnight that said we are due some snow and icy conditions as well as high winds and plenty of rain. After that we are supposed to have better weather.

O don't know what it's been like in Halifax for snow this winter but we've hardly had any in Leeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choppiebinkie said:

is this anything to do with the announcement in 30 mins according to twitter

It'll be about the kit or something along those line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it's two weeks rest after Sunday (unless the eggs are using it for reserves and training) . No doubt we'll be treated to The Shay sprinkler show before kick off :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I read that a weather forecast for the next fortnight that said we are due some snow and icy conditions as well as high winds and plenty of rain. After that we are supposed to have better weather.

O don't know what it's been like in Halifax for snow this winter but we've hardly had any in Leeds.

Snows everyday, you were right to emigrate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Snows everyday, you were right to emigrate

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Snows everyday, you were right to emigrate

Having just waited an hour for a bus that is supposed to be very ten minutes I'm not so sure. Leeds has officially outgrown itself. Oh and joy of joys they've just built a load more new offices down Wellington Street and some more next to the Playhouse. If only they'd accompany that with an adequate transport system.

I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Halifax or somewhere quieter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Having just waited an hour for a bus that is supposed to be very ten minutes I'm not so sure. Leeds has officially outgrown itself. Oh and joy of joys they've just built a load more new offices down Wellington Street and some more next to the Playhouse. If only they'd accompany that with an adequate transport system.

I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Halifax or somewhere quieter.

Lanzarote is good Erik:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Lanzarote is good Erik:D

I wish I had the cash pal. I've got a friend over in Portugal and she's told me to go over there.  I must admit it looks beautiful.

I don't know long you've been over in Lanzarote Steve but Leeds at rush hour is like London. Mayhem.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Having just waited an hour for a bus that is supposed to be very ten minutes I'm not so sure. Leeds has officially outgrown itself. Oh and joy of joys they've just built a load more new offices down Wellington Street and some more next to the Playhouse. If only they'd accompany that with an adequate transport system.

I'm seriously thinking about moving back to Halifax or somewhere quieter.

In all my time in Dirty Leeds I never once boarded a bus that came on time. Sometimes it's quicker to walk. It's push bike or get left behind. I'd definitely recommend a tranquil place near Halifax instead, such as Norland or the East Stand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...