Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s game: Havant

Hoping that Tuesdays result will give added confidence 

need king to be back from his illness to help plug the injury gap and would like to see Hanson being tried in a right midfield role, at least as a sub,  he is good going forward and gives the side energy 

no prediction again just more hope, every game at this stage matters 

nick 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

need king to be back from his illness to help plug the injury gap and would like to see Hanson being tried in a right midfield role, at least as a sub,  he is good going forward and gives the side energy 

nick 

My prediction nick is that we’ll defend not to concede & it will be a the usual boring game , I can’t see us scoring two games running so for me it’s 0-0 with Hanson nowhere to be seen, up the shaymen.

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

nick 

More chance of seeing a kilted Scotsman trying to get The East Stand singing;

We love you Jamie, we do.         We love you Jamie, we do.       We love you Jamie, we do.         O Jamie we love you!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I have gone for another goalless draw as I expected Havent to try and park the bus and try and catch us on the counter much like we do.

Could we save a bit of hassle by playing this in the car park or the bus garage behind the South Stand?

We got a morale/confidence boosting victory on Tuesday , Havant and probably never will got thrashed midweek , the sun is shining , all the ingredients for a smashing day at the Shay , I think the feel good factor is just around the corner or at least the feel better factor .

Cmon Shaymen lift the gloom and doom .

Havant will want to plug the holes at the back after a big defeat so with little threat up front our solid defence should get another clean sheet. The game is there for us to win if we adopt a positive attitude and I can’t see cautious Jamie throwing three points away. 2-0

48 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

More chance of seeing a kilted Scotsman trying to get The East Stand singing;

We love you Jamie, we do.         We love you Jamie, we do.       We love you Jamie, we do.         O Jamie we love you!

It’s worth a try ....

2-0 Town for me today ... sun is shining and it’s all good 

Hopefully still shining at 5pm!

2 hours ago, Blueblood said:

My prediction nick is that we’ll defend not to concede & it will be a the usual boring game , I can’t see us scoring two games running so for me it’s 0-0 with Hanson nowhere to be seen, up the shaymen.

Absolutely true. Have read his comments on the Courier. Absolutely beyond belief. He says there is no corner to turn. No? 3 wins in 25 games. Brags about our defensive form. What about our toothless attack? Is he proud of that? One the worst attacks in the league. Havent  Aclueville will not be quaking in their boots. Fullerton is a fraud. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

Hope for a win but a point might not be a disaster if the other bottom 3 lose 

I disagree, we've already dropped so many points to relegation contenders this season and with just Maidenhead to play we need to play these matches as if they were cup ties. Our survival could depend on these matches. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I disagree, we've already dropped so many points to relegation contenders this season and with just Maidenhead to play we need to play these matches as if they were cup ties. Our survival could depend on these matches. 

Totally agree 

9 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Hopefully there have been lessons learned following our moribund performances against the other bottom dwellers. 

3 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Hopefully there have been lessons learned following our moribund performances against the other bottom dwellers. 

Same chance as me going for a leisurely 26 mile jog. :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Same chance as me going for a leisurely 26 mile jog. :D

I'll hold you to that if we hammer them today! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Thought Scot would be in the South stand today.

Scot ... I hope that you are a lucky charm for us today :-) 

1 hour ago, quizmaster said:

Absolutely true. Have read his comments on the Courier. Absolutely beyond belief. He says there is no corner to turn. No? 3 wins in 25 games. Brags about our defensive form. What about our toothless attack? Is he proud of that? One the worst attacks in the league. Havent  Aclueville will not be quaking in their boots. Fullerton is a fraud. 

Ha ha quizmaster, I’ve just read those comments in worrier the mans deluded ,  I’ve just gone through our remaining fixtures  a lot of tough games to come this  is a must win game  , so J F be positive ATACK ATACK ATACK.

22 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Ha ha quizmaster, I’ve just read those comments in worrier the mans deluded ,  I’ve just gone through our remaining fixtures  a lot of tough games to come this  is a must win game  , so J F be positive ATACK ATACK ATACK.

I said prior to last Saturday, anything less than 7 points from the next 3 games would be poor. A must win game today, if we are on 41 points at 5pm we have a good chance to stay up. Still of the same opinion re JF, the sooner he goes the better for our club. No interest in what the fans think, only one dimensional football that will not improve under him. Time to build a better appreciation of what is required for our club to progress.

However, I will still be supporting the Team & not be shouting abuse, no matter what the outcome of todays game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quizmaster said:

It’s beginning to look like Simon Jordan had JF sussed from the start. Why isn’t he capable of giving a straight answer to a straight forward question?

I read the courier article and thought I was going to nod off afterwards. It’s not good enough to ramble on about us having a good structure if there is a glaring deficiency in another area. 

Unfortunately the interview shows that nothing is going to change so I reckon we’ll lose today. And we’ll deserve it because there is no positive intent and that’s unacceptable. 

33 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

I said prior to last Saturday, anything less than 7 points from the next 3 games would be poor. A must win game today, if we are on 41 points at 5pm we have a good chance to stay up. Still of the same opinion re JF, the sooner he goes the better for our club. No interest in what the fans think, only one dimensional football that will not improve under him. Time to build a better appreciation of what is required for our club to progress.

However, I will still be supporting the Team & not be shouting abuse, no matter what the outcome of todays game.

Impossibility Macam we are on 39 point a draw makes 40 a win makes 42 a loss is not worth thinking about.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I have gone for another goalless draw as I expected Havent to try and park the bus and try and catch us on the counter much like we do.

Two teams that will park the bus and try not to lose with no desire to attack 0-0 bore fest to come, drink drink drink