Sign in to follow this  
stainlandblue

Hanson

Just now, stainlandblue said:

Is he injured. Why wasn't he in the squad tonight? 

Nobody from the club seems to want to mention it. Perhaps he's being rested? Whatever you do, don't ask ShayTrev or if the worst comes to the worst, don't listen to him.

Edited by Erik Everhard

I think Duckworth must have had a good game tonight, I don't remember anything spectacular but I found myself constantly thinking well done Ducky. Not to say that Hanson isn't a good player but Duckworth seems to do the simple stuff well and consistently

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShayW said:

I think Duckworth must have had a good game tonight, I don't remember anything spectacular but I found myself constantly thinking well done Ducky. Not to say that Hanson isn't a good player but Duckworth seems to do the simple stuff well and consistently

Hanson did all that plus was an extra attacking threat at times. He isn't out for football reasons.

I thought Duckworth had a very good game last night. However, our midfield still needs help and Hansen gets in for me. Players showed some passion, which has been lacking, so credit to JF. Seems as if Hansen has misbehaved but so did George Best, Gazza, etc. Good managers get their best players on the pitch, firing on all cylinders. 

If a player has shown ill conduct, why can't the fans be made aware that he's been dropped from the squad due to disciplinary reasons? RL teams often provide such generic communication to their fans. It would also cut the manager some slack.

The lack of attacking output from the fullbacks is what's contributing to our general attacking shortcomings.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

I thought Duckworth had a very good game last night. However, our midfield still needs help and Hansen gets in for me. Players showed some passion, which has been lacking, so credit to JF. Seems as if Hansen has misbehaved but so did George Best, Gazza, etc. Good managers get their best players on the pitch, firing on all cylinders. 

Duckworth was the worst player last Saturday, and that is saying something because most of them were really bad!!

6 minutes ago, away_day_blues said:

If a player has shown ill conduct, why can't the fans be made aware that he's been dropped from the squad due to disciplinary reasons? RL teams often provide such generic communication to their fans. It would also cut the manager some slack.

The lack of attacking output from the fullbacks is what's contributing to our general attacking shortcomings.

Absolutely spot on 100%.

Fullerton should swallow his pride and get the best players back in the team. Against Salford we played football on the ground and King was the outstanding player, and a good team performance.  From then on we are playing as though Denton is back in the team. King has made this point to Fullerton and has been dropped since. Don't know what Hanson has done wrong, but man up Fullerton,  you may not be aware but we need the points.

Edited by Larriden100

12 minutes ago, Larriden100 said:

Fullerton should swallow his pride and get the best players back in the team. Against Salford we played football on the ground and King was the outstanding player, and a good team performance.  From then on we are playing as though Denton is back in the team. King has made this point to Fullerton and has been dropped since. Don't know what Hanson has done wrong, but man up Fullerton,  you may not be aware but we need the points.

King is ill ....he cant play if he's in his bed and didn't travel

There has never been an issue with King ...before or now ...the lad is unwell

Re: 'ill conduct'. My missus was told on Saturday that 2 players had been in Fullarton's bad books due to the same incident. Hanson isn't getting selected, the other player is.

25 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Re: 'ill conduct'. My missus was told on Saturday that 2 players had been in Fullarton's bad books due to the same incident. Hanson isn't getting selected, the other player is.

Discipline has to be maintained, a kick up the backside, a fine whatever but at some point common sense has to prevail. Easy to leave out players when you have a large squad less so when you are short & struggling for points, time to pick the best players.

42 minutes ago, mj85 said:

If this is true or not, the other player is getting selected because skarz has an injury and sellars is the only other left back.

Duckworth isn’t a bad player and isn’t currently injured. 

3 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

If this is true or not, the other player is getting selected because skarz has an injury and sellars is the only other left back.

Duckworth isn’t a bad player and isn’t currently injured. 

Hanson can be used as a RH defender or attack down right side, as such all things being equal should at least be on bench allowing Duckworth to swop over to left FB if required.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Larriden100 said:

Fact

4 hours ago, Roy Race said:

Discipline has to be maintained, a kick up the backside, a fine whatever but at some point common sense has to prevail. Easy to leave out players when you have a large squad less so when you are short & struggling for points, time to pick the best players.

Simon Ainge did exactly the same with Boden....Lord Aspin told him he was a naughty boy and played him the next game.....personally I would have told him he didn´t hit him hard enough.:)

6 hours ago, Larriden100 said:

They or should I say Erik did not believe me, thanks for confirming.

6 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Hanson has not even been on the bench. Anyone should be able to see through that rubbish in the article. He vanished after signing, no explanation whatsoever was given, now Fullarton comes out with that tripe.

I agree that it seems ridiculous that Hanson is just dropped when he was one of our better players and now can't even make the bench.

I understand from those that went that Duckworth had a decent game last night but he was poor v Aldershot, so what's got to happen for Hanson to even get in the squad again?

The Courier interview really sums up the clown that Fullerton really is, he states that Duck egg has been 'outstanding of late'? He was atrocious on Saturday, it was like he was playing in slippers. Get rid of Fullerton Bussy as soon as you can afford to.

Also it appears JF is economical with the truth, as it appears odd with Hanson not playing and no where near the bench?

To give JF a quote ready for Saturday:

In the chocolate box of life the top layer's already gone. And someone's pinched the orange creme from the bottom.

Bob Ferris c1970

Just goes to prove JF is comic gold with the claptrap he spouts.

If a player has breeched club discipline (and I do not know anyone has) then the manager / club has to take action but to me this should be a fine and not by an enforced absence from the playing squad to the detriment of the team if that player has been one of the recent shining lights. Similarly if a player has tried to undermine the management team and again I an not aware of this happening either.