Sign in to follow this  
Erik Everhard

Unanimous

Fullerton hasn’t delivered, that’s a plain and simple fact. Pushed for a full time model and the Chairman backed him with the extra investment. Have we improved because of the extra investment? Clearly not is my view. We’ve gone backwards. 

• Like 1

Mr B won't throw the clubs money away by paying JF off when the National North will be just as lucrative financially. How many clubs this season have bought a large away support with them then compare that to some of the bigger clubs in the North next season. Our home support won't dwindle that much initially, unless we are as pathetic as this season, despite what a few on here say. Overheads will be cheaper, less overnight stays and probably less travelling. Oh and the savings on the playing side by reverting back to part time means financially the club will be in a far better position whilst allowing Mr B  to continue to control his personal plaything.

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Mr B won't throw the clubs money away by paying JF off when the National North will be just as lucrative financially. How many clubs this season have bought a large away support with them then compare that to some of the bigger clubs in the North next season. Our home support won't dwindle that much initially, unless we are as pathetic as this season, despite what a few on here say. Overheads will be cheaper, less overnight stays and probably less travelling. Oh and the savings on the playing side by reverting back to part time means financially the club will be in a far better position whilst allowing Mr B  to continue to control his personal plaything.

As daft as it sounds, if you can guarantee to win the league or to win promotion through the play offs it's not such a bad thing, financially.  If you can re group, sign a few good lower league players and bring in some experience. That said, you obviously can't guarantee success and with that in mind, mid table obscurity in National North for 5 or 10 years doesn't warrant thinking about. 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

As daft as it sounds, if you can guarantee to win the league or to win promotion through the play offs it's not such a bad thing, financially.  If you can re group, sign a few good lower league players and bring in some experience. That said, you obviously can't guarantee success and with that in mind, mid table obscurity in National North for 5 or 10 years doesn't warrant thinking about. 

We’ve got to establish the Conference National as our baseline. Some clubs are being pushed further down the pyramid than the level the club has played at for most of their history. While clubs like Morecambe, Macclesfield, Rochdale etc have gone one way, Stockport, York etc have gone the other. 

The way the club has been run, we are a becoming a yo-yo club between national and north. We’ve got to be better than that. 

• Like 1

Aye, why not go back to the glue league, even The Halifax Sunday league. We will win every game and there is a pub just on the corner. Fantastic. Let big clubs like Accrington take all the glory.

• Like 1

No after match interviews with Fullarton I am presuming that Bosmworth has done the right thing and sacked him ,I expect that the club will put something public later today or tomorrow morning especially with a long trip to Maidstone on Tuesday if we have already got someone to take over ,If we haven’t I would expect Steve Nichol with a combination of Nathan Clarke and maybe Matt Brown as interim bosses.

Edited by Forever a Shayman

This could well be the position we end up in unless Mr B wakes up and finds an experienced manager to steady and then take the club forward. Accrington had a very good manager at the helm for many a year and with the right backing from the board rose above their natural level despite having a similar size fanbase to us. It shows it can be done without putting the clubs existence in jeopardy. Macclesfield last season shook the National by winning the league and although they may possibly return next season they will financially be a lot better off for the next two seasons and if invested right will give them a solid platform to build on. 

I know that these are just two examples but it goes to show it can be done when you have a progressive BOD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Last point dead right, said before it’s bottomwirth who keeps getting these **** managers,and he gets away without any flack at all, he’s as guilty as anyone as to where this club is!!!! 

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Yeh seen some, but no where near enough for what he gets away with, club no better 10 years in!

I was here 10 years ago and i asure you it is, its the foot ball going down hill not the club,can we afford to pay him off thats the question

1 hour ago, Jenna said:

Yeh seen some, but no where near enough for what he gets away with, club no better 10 years in!

Absolute bullsh!t.

The club is in good hands that shouldnt change. We need a manage who gets the team back to basics. Play to our strengths stop playing tactics that dont get the best out of the players.

A manager who is strong, but listens and doesnt think he knows everything.

My vote would be for Aspin in a caretaker role until end of season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Janis said:

I was here 10 years ago and i asure you it is, its the foot ball going down hill not the club,can we afford to pay him off thats the question

They have to get rid otherwise there will be no fans and no money in the club ,If you have no fans there is no club and no money they cannot afford not to sack him.

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

Absolute bullsh!t.

The club is in good hands that shouldnt change. We need a manage who gets the team back to basics. Play to our strengths stop playing tactics that dont get the best out of the players.

Simply clueless if you think Aspin is the answer.

• Like 2

Fullarton pluses. King, Clarke.

Fullarton minuses. Sellers, Edwards, Southwell, Odulusi, Maher, Staunton, Quigley, Preston, Berrett, Skarz. McLeod. That's a full team of duds. You can't blame Dithering Dave for that.

• Like 1

Just now, born to moan said:

Fullarton pluses. King, Clarke.

Fullarton minuses. Sellers, Edwards, Southwell, Odulusi, Maher, Staunton, Quigley, Preston, Berrett, Skarz. McLeod. That's a full team of duds. You can't blame Dithering Dave for that.

And one of the two you mention has fallen out with him.

Just now, ashy1966 said:

Simply clueless if you think Aspin is the answer.

Not saying he is, but i dont think we have crap players.

Dont need wholesale changes that come with a brand new manager, we need to play a system that suits and a style of play that suits much of the problems lie around players either not understanding what is expected of them or playing a style of football that they are incapable of. Although i dont think any of them cared at all yesterday,  the effort came from Browny and Clarke noone else.

Like it or not Aspin was consistent and successful. I dont hear anyone else being mentioned

9 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Absolute bullsh!t.

Agreed with all of that until the last line.

• Like 1

If he has been sacked, i wouldn’t be surprised If Aspin or someone else haven’t already been contacted to see the season out and keep us up. Play with pride and courage and avoid the drop!

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

Dont need wholesale changes that come with a brand new manager, we need to play a system that suits and a style of play that suits much of the problems lie around players either not understanding what is expected of them or playing a style of football that they are incapable of. Although i dont think any of them cared at all yesterday,  the effort came from Browny and Clarke noone else.

Like it or not Aspin was consistent and successful. I dont hear anyone else being mentioned

We do have crap players! How can we not have crap players we don’t score goals, and have won 2 in about 28. The players are garbage apart from a few.

38 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Out of those players that featured yesterday.Only Johnson,Brown,Clarke & Hardy are good enough.

59 minutes ago, Ash said:

If he has been sacked, i wouldn’t be surprised If Aspin or someone else haven’t already been contacted to see the season out and keep us up. Play with pride and courage and avoid the drop!

Really?

This is FC Halifax town we are talking about...

14 stages of interviewing over 6 weeks of PowerPoint presentations to ensure we get a quality manager in such as Daz Kelly for the last game of the season

Has the board ever really got it right manager wise? Definitely with Aspin in the early years but otherwise I would say No

whilst on the Aspin topic, I have a feeling Mr B wouldn’t re-hire someone he has sacked...

Edited by Grayski
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Really?

14 stages of interviewing over 6 weeks of PowerPoint presentations to ensure we get a quality manager in such as Daz Kelly for the last game of the season

Has the board ever really got it right manager wise? Definitely with Aspin in the early years but otherwise I would say No

whilst on the Aspin topic, I have a feeling Mr B wouldn’t re-hire someone he has sacked...

Correct. He wouldn't go back and ask aspin, i doubt aspin would be interested in coming back to a club that threw him under the bus. People like ian helliwell should still be involved,  he wouldnt accept half of the sh*t some of these "professional footballers" are producing. The life is slowly draining out of this club, no atmosphere, crowds getting lower, what a state we are in

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Is that why I didn't attend today?

I think it's got more to do with me being not well and in hospital. I was going to go today if I'd not been in but thank God I didn't because that's over £30 saved. If JF is still in charge next weekend I'm definitely not going. If I'm out of  hospital by then and he's gone I'll probably go to the game.

Get well  soon Erik.. Hope your ok 

Edited by FCHT15

If the manager has been sacked you would imagine Nichol and Nathan Clarke (as the most senior player) might be put in charge for the interim. That being the case would Clarke drop himself and put Staunton in?

I find it very odd that a lad who was England c skipper this time last year hasn’t played a single competitive minute for us in his correct position. We have to look to the future a little and put him in alongside Browny. Even in a 3 if it will allow us to play 2 up top and an attacking midfield 2 with the other sitting. 

3 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

That cant be guarenteed. If we go down we aint coming back for many many years, look at the teams that are in there. Stockport (they could still replace us there goes the biggest away following) york. Hereford. Darlington. Kidderminster none of these teams look like breaking free from that league. Attendances won't dip to start with. People will start to wonder what the point is when there considering a season ticket for the 6th successive season of conferance north football.

If he thinks we would come straight back he's deluded 

Didn't Bosomworth also say he wanted to carry on the full time thing? We won't be doing that in the conference north. 

Edited by Greggs

2 hours ago, Grayski said:

Really?

I hope your right