Sign in to follow this  
Trackingback

Three wise monkeys

Why focus on the symptom, attack the disease. Fullarton was given the job and who in the right mind would surrender to unemployment?

The root cause of all this is the board and the contempt in which they treat the fans and the ineptness in which they conduct the business of running a football club.

Eleven years on, are we in a better position to when they broke the old club?

Does anyone seriously see a bright future?

We are sliding inexorably to relegation. It’s one of the slowest car crashes in football history but the board  is blind to it. Or don’t care.

So, don’t bawl at the Fullarton on Saturday, turn round and look up to the back of the East Stand and the three wise monkeys who see no fiasco, hear no fiasco and speak no fiasco.

They are the true culprits. We’ll never prosper with them at the helm.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I agree with you, i think they would be happier in the North.

Twas frequently said in the NPL days that a lot of clubs were happy at that level. Part time, lower travel costs etc etc. In some senses the Conference National is only worth being in if you have aspirations to play in the Football League, I would regionalise League 2 with Conference

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Absolute rubbish 

I agree. Why be a football club chairman if you would prefer to be in the league below? I appreciate the financial implications of being at a higher level, but its all manageable with sensible financial management. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

If we go down because they have not acted you will be proven right.

I think Saturday we will see things a bit clearer after the game hopefully we win and can get a few more that will keep us in this division, There are no excuses now we have most players fit now it is time to deliver if we want to stay in this league ,If the Chairman gets rid of JF to me there are no excuses to be made about taking 2 or 3 weeks to appoint another Manager he should have someone in mind straight and if it happened to be Neil Aspin then God help us all ! We will be doomed.

I don't for one second think the owner wants National North. I prefer to think that he has employed this particular manager, as was the case with previous appointees, upon specific criteria, and wants to give him as much opportunity to achieve his and the club's shared objectives within actual and projected budgetary considerations. Tin helmet on.

Edited by themanwhowasntthere
  • Like 3

I want to see Jamie Fullerton win games nothing would make me happier than if he gets us 5 wins which will probably keep us up he is a great bloke but it is time to deliver now and its also up to the board of directors to make the right decisions and must have there finger on the pulse unlike last time when slipped to relegation.  

35 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

I’ve always thought it. No overnights stays, bigger crowds, less playing budget needed. 

I’m suprised he hasn’t sacked him yet as surely this is one of the worst managerial records in football history at a club. 

Let’s be honest he’s a terrible manager, he’s not going to change so if DB really wants to stay in this league get him sacked!! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I think Saturday we will see things a bit clearer after the game hopefully we win and can get a few more that will keep us in this division, There are no excuses now we have most players fit now it is time to deliver if we want to stay in this league ,If the Chairman gets rid of JF to me there are no excuses to be made about taking 2 or 3 weeks to appoint another Manager he should have someone in mind straight and if it happened to be Neil Aspin then God help us all ! We will be doomed.

Heard this so many times, ah after the Havant game we will have a better chance, ah after the Braintree game we will see things clearer, ah after the barrow game if we win we will see things clearer. All a load of bollocks and it’s not having a go at you but this so called manager has had so many chances his biggest one the Braintree game which he totally ****ed up! 

Then Saturday he’s had another chance and ****ed it again. His time was up long ago and I don’t have a clue what DB is thinking keeping him in charge still. 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’ve always thought it. No overnights stays, bigger crowds, less playing budget needed. 

I do not think the crowds will be bigger this time around. We have an old declining fan base, no young fans and no new fans will be attracted to pub football again.

45 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

I want to see Jamie Fullerton win games nothing would make me happier than if he gets us 5 wins which will probably keep us up he is a great bloke but it is time to deliver now and its also up to the board of directors to make the right decisions and must have there finger on the pulse unlike last time when slipped to relegation.  

Amen Shaymen

41 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Heard this so many times, ah after the Havant game we will have a better chance, ah after the Braintree game we will see things clearer, ah after the barrow game if we win we will see things clearer. All a load of bollocks and it’s not having a go at you but this so called manager has had so many chances his biggest one the Braintree game which he totally ****ed up! 

Then Saturday he’s had another chance and ****ed it again. His time was up long ago and I don’t have a clue what DB is thinking keeping him in charge still. 

Definitely matters will be clearer after Fylde

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I’m suprised he hasn’t sacked him yet as surely this is one of the worst managerial records in football history at a club. 

Let’s be honest he’s a terrible manager, he’s not going to change so if DB really wants to stay in this league get him sacked!! 

I think you will find this is no longer true TJ.

Why would a chairman of any club want to be relegated , we are going into a relegation battle that is certain but like last season we will survive as there are teams in a lot worse position , beat Aldershot on Saturday and the gap between us and the bottom 3 will be big at this stage of the season , that just leaves about 6 clubs looking to avoid the 4th bottom place, 2 games in hand over Dover who currently occupy that place and are at Salford at the weekend , a victory to us and we will be able to breathe easier , I agree though with those who want him sacked that defeat on Saturday and there really is nowhere for Fullarton to hide .

3 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Definitely matters will be clearer after Fylde

We will be dead and burried before the Flyde game. 26 goals scored in 31 league games says it all.

We had scored 12 goals by the end of August, so that is 14 goals in 5 1/2 montrhs.

Edited by Shaymen2008

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

We will be dead and burried before the Flyde game. 26 goals scored in 31 league games says it all

Some worrying parallels with our last season in the Football League (2001/02). Decent enough start followed by free fall.

• Like 2

If the current trend of earning draws continues, Town will almost certainly end up in the bottom four. A single win, as daft as it sounds, alongside those draws would probably see us safe. The teams immediately below us - down to 20th - have much better recent form, and Town's form over the last 10/15/20/25 games puts us in the bottom 4. Those early wins will make all the difference. Safe or not, JF cannot be here next season - that much is bleedin' obvious.

• Like 1