Sign in to follow this  
archietaylor7

The Cortina Is Parked

Well, despite the protestations of Mrs T, who wanted me to take here to Knitting Needles Are Us & B&Q, me and the trusty old Cortina ambled our way down to Chesterfield, endured 90 odd minutes of god only knows what it was, and we've just landed back in Gods own Country!!! This is very hard and extremely sad for me, but after 56yrs, I'm parking the Cortina permanently!!!

I cant take it any more??? I've never felt so disenchanted with this club, and I say club as apposed to team - manager - board?? Take your pick. I've bloody had it. Not wasting any more money on them. I'm not wasting any more of my pension or my time. I'm sure I can find something else at this late stage in my life.

FC HT!!!!!! Pay attention:- Your driving life long fans away. Right, I need to see the bus timetable, see what time buses run to Brighouse!!!!

• Like 2

With you on that one Archie and so glad I did not go today because you do not want your weekend spoilt by seeing games week after week watching this rubbish so considering calling it quits for this season unless he goes which I don't think he will.

I will be going for the rest of the season to the home games as i have a season ticket.

However i will not be getting another one for next year if Fullarton is still here aside from the fact its boring as sin to watch his script play out every other saturday usually to the same net result. The main one being it simply isn't worth the money they are charging for it. 

I'm a season ticket holder of 25 years and i really hope i will be able to carry that on next season. Bosomworth if you even read this. Do something about this as the money you will lose now on paying him off is nothing compared to what you'll lose in season ticket sales and gare reciepts next season if you choose to sit on this decision. 

Anyone with half a brain can see Fullarton's tennure has now run its course. 

• Like 1

I never get excited about going anymore. It just feels like a chore. Going to a football match as a supporter should never feel like a waste of time. You need to get your value for money and be entertained.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we won a few playing ugly but we are even incapable of doing that. It’s time for change now before we are doomed. There’s still time to turn it around yet but we can’t dither any longer. 

• Like 1

Understand exactly where you are coming from Archie.

I am already in two minds for next Saturday.

I must admit after nearly 50 years at the Shay . . .  I am getting dissolutioned! 

Next Saturday . . . should I go  to the Shay, or possibly enjoy myself more by going biking or going on a good long walk, or attend and view a poor full-time football team?

FOOTNOTE:

There is currently a good display at Bankfield Museum which can fill a empty Saturday  afternoon. Calderdale Council could actually do a shuttle bus, two ruins - in one afternoon - 'Fullerton Follies and Ancient Ruins of Calderdale'.

Edited by Caygillwashere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, away_day_blues said:

I think DB must know that this is what an awful lot of fans are currently feeling about the club, hence his attempts to reach out.

I have to say, my own sentiments echo the lead post. I have followed the club since circa 1995 (10 years old) and had a season ticket twice, following us home and away regularly, but this is the most disconnected that I have felt.

People will point fingers and say you support your club through thick and thin and they've seen worse etc. but I'm just telling it how I, and possibly hundreds(?) of others feel right now. Empty.

Quite honestly, £20 feels like an awful lot of money to watch a boring side struggle to score goals with a manager who can barely be arsed to give post match interviews and talks in riddles when he does engage. The club feels totally lifeless right now. It's sad.

That is the feeling I got on my last visit. Ok, there was a section of young fans on the South Stand really trying to get behind their team but the East Stand, blimey. It felt like that majority of people in that stand were only there through their loyalty to their team and that, as others have said, their attendance was like a chore.

I'm happy that DB has reached out to fans and is finally willing to listen to fans ideas and thoughts. It is long overdue but I think he's realised the club has finally reached the cross roads that I hoped it wouldn't reach but ultimately, if I'm honest, it was always going to at some point. That is without larger investment or a big FA Cup tie: someone like Man U.

Us in the East Stand aren't as daft as we look, deep thought and South Stand don't really go together . What do you want us to do, dress up as clowns and get a conga going ?

18 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Us in the East Stand aren't as daft as we look, deep thought and South Stand don't really go together . What do you want us to do dress as clowns and get a conga going ?

21 hours ago, away_day_blues said:

Well, its a strange one because Im sure I didnt say anyone in the East Stand is daft. I honestly dont see how dressing up as clowns and starting a conga will help but if you want to try it then fair play. Anyway, despite your misqoate and over reaction, many fans have voiced the same opinion. I didn't witness many fans in the middle section, near the half way line, getting behind the team and or looking happy watching what was on offer or being there full stop. 

I don't think the clown thing will work but I'd like to hear any other sensible Ida's on how things can be improved.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well, its a strange one because Im sure I fidnt say anyone in the East Stand is daft. I honestly dont see how dressing up as clowns and starting a conga will help but if you want to try it then fair play. Anyway, despite your misqoate and over reaction, many fans have voiced the same opinion. I didn't witness many fans in the middle section, near the half way line, getting behind the team and or looking happy watching what was on offer or being there full stop. 

I don't think the clown thing will work but I'd like to hear any other sensible Ida's on how things can be improved.

A part time supporter telling us full time supporters how we should support the club :doh: maybe we should all **** off to Leeds and do our supporting from a safe distance . Not really a lot of purpose to our existence at the moment as we are getting what we deserve on the pitch and it's hard to encourage when there is so much to criticise

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

A part time supporter telling us full time supporters how we should support the club :doh: maybe we should all **** off to Leeds and do our supporting from a safe distance . Not really a lot of purpose to our existence at the moment as we are getting what we deserve on the pitch and it's hard to encourage when there is so much to criticise

You've not got the hang of this reading lark have you? I've not told you how to support the club. My point is that how fans reacted to the game on my last visit. Fans seemed genuinely fed up with what was on offer despite the first half being good. Anyway, if you want to take it personal that's up to you. In my last post you misqoated me and made out that I said fans who go in the East Stand are daft. I said that wasn't the case. I'll take that back because you obviously are.

Funny how Chadders has liked your comment. I wonder how many games Chadders would go to if he had to pay in?

:lol:

Not many?

39 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You've not got the hang of this reading lark have you? I've not told you how to support the club. My point is that how fans reacted to the game on my last visit. Fans seemed genuinely fed up with what was on offer despite the first half being good. Anyway, if you want to take it personal that's up to you. In my last post you misqoated me and made out that I said fans who go in the East Stand are daft. I said that wasn't the case. I'll take that back because you obviously are.

Funny how Chadders has liked your comment. I wonder how many games Chadders would go to if he had to pay in?

Not many?

Are you now retracting your condemnation of the East Stand faithful ?

2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Are you now retracting your condemnation of the East Stand faithful ?

There was no condemnation. That's something that's been made up in your tiny brain. 

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

There was no condemnation. That's something that's been made up in your tiny brain. 

Thank you for the apology, perhaps you'd be happier in The South Stand for your next visit

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Thank you for the apology, perhaps you'd be happier in The South Stand for your next visit

Do you suffer from dyslexia? Are you hallucinating? Are you on drugs?

Thank you for input, The Voice of the East Stand. If you are the voice of the East Stand then the club is well and truly fecked.

2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Thank you for input, The Voice of the East Stand. If you are the voice of the East Stand then the club is well and truly fecked.

The East stand rarely raise their voice, it is like a funeral parlour in there.

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Fisherman’s Friend for Mr Bollox.

I wondered who was making all that noise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

No need to keep apologising, once is more than sufficient

Great thread and a real eye opener as to the lack of interest and boredom this season has created. 

I also have a season ticket and to be honest, I won't be renewing if he stays on or we get relegated, I might not even attend the next 2 home games because I've a lot on at present, but in the past I'd drop everything to go to the game. I'm just not interested in watching dross and I'll save myself a lot of brass staying our of the pub before and after the match. 

• Like 1