Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Today’s Game: Chesterfield

21 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

There must be a power cut or no Wi-Fi signal in Glasgow and JGN1s abode this evening. Their golden one is cooked I'm afraid.

WiFi is fine here ... first game I’ve not listened to due to coaching kids football all day and just got back in

Poor result today and seems to be a disappointing performance too

4 minutes ago, Scot said:

WiFi is fine here ... first game I’ve not listened to due to coaching kids football all day and just got back in

Is that it? No lambasting the negativity of us fans or sticking up for your pal? Has the defensible become indefensible?

6 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Brown cost us a point today simple as that. That aside the lack of threat in the opponents 3rd of the pitch is becoming more than a worry. Something has to change, but I am not sure what can be done 

Pick a less defensive side and pick out best full backs. Get at teams and okay it through midfield as well as out wide. We have the players to pull out if this relegation battle IF he changes things round. Maher needs to be dropped from midfield and either Berrett and King or Ferry and King need to play in the middle. 

Brown might have cost us the game but a point a game isn't enough and not scoring for the amount of time we have is a shambles and the manager has to take the blame.

• Like 1

Just now, Erik Everhard said:

Pick a less defensive side and pick out best full backs. Get at teams and okay it through midfield as well as out wide. We have the players to pull out if this relegation battle IF he changes things round. Maher needs to be dropped from midfield and either Berrett and King or Ferry and King need to play in the middle. 

Brown might have cost us the game but a point a game isn't enough and not scoring for the amount of time we have is a shambles and the manager has to take the blame.

Maher offers nothing in that position.

21 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Attendance will be at least two down on Saturday as my wife and daughter are going to watch a tragedy, 'Romeo and Juliet' at the Alhambra, me and my son may use our season tickets to what a Scottish tragedy at the Shay.

Goalio, Goalio, wherefore art thou Goalio?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Both fullbacks were ok today and have been for the last few weeks. Ducky possibly man of the match. I do agree about the set up for the next few games. Take Maher out and go with Berrett & King and a 4 4 2 with Kosy left and Thommo right with Quigley and Southwell up front. Get balls in the box and make things happen. 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Both fullbacks were ok today and have been for the last few weeks. Ducky possibly man of the match. I do agree about the set up for the next few games. Take Maher out and go with Berrett & King and a 4 4 2 with Kosy left and Thommo right with Quigley and Southwell up front. Get balls in the box and make things happen. 

He wouldn't pick that team even if they were the only eleven players available.

34 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Is that it? No lambasting the negativity of us fans or sticking up for your pal? Has the defensible become indefensible?

Nah , the negativity is here regardless so there is no point 

Listened to the commentary & followed updates today, plenty of positive mentions for Big Sam & defence but nothing else of note. Had more enjoyment out of renewing my car insurance on line, it sounded that bad.

Playing Browny up front for last ten, maybe time to start a defender up top, cant be any worse

4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not many positives today

Doesn’t look like it Wilder... I blame myself for missing it .... 7 year olds playing football took priority today 

50 minutes ago, Scot said:

Scot I hope you coach the kids under your control better than JF does, and you're not a chip off the old block having negative set ups as damage limitation?

Don't surprise us all on here telling us you get them to go for the jugular from the outset whilst providing non stop entertainment, like your mate fooled us and his employer s with.

5 hours ago, Guido said:

I’m keeping positive Tel :) only because it’s Tracey Barlows round :D

That'll be halves then.

Edited by born to moan

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

Only positive today was our 387 fans that went to Chesterfield today we did reasonably well in first half but second half we were terrible,On another negative note I hope our so stalled fans let off flares are happy with themselves almost gassing Adam the lad in the wheelchair to death ,CCTV will be on to these idiots and banning order will follow and who knows maybe an appearance at Court .

Idiots, I hope the one throwing EDL insults was not one of ours as well?

Get Denton on loan and go 4 4 2 with him and Southwell up top. Get the ball wide and Denton will score the goals to keep us up. Time to go back to basics. Get the ball in the box 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Get Denton on loan and go 4 4 2 with him and Southwell up top. Get the ball wide and Denton will score the goals to keep us up. Time to go back to basics. Get the ball in the box 

For god sake move on 

6 minutes ago, Caygillwashere said:

Scot I hope you coach the kids under your control better than JF does, and you're not a chip off the old block having negative set ups as damage limitation?

Don't surprise us all on here telling us you get them to go for the jugular from the outset whilst providing non stop entertainment, like your mate fooled us and his employer s with.

They are 7 years old .. fun fours .. getting kids active , having fun and teaching the basics 

I’m just a dad who helps coach kids and today they had a ‘tournament’ so I missed the commentary 

big difference between volunteering to coach 7 year olds and men’s football

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scot said:

Nah , the negativity is here regardless so there is no point 

Scot, there are many of us on here who want JF to do well and be successful because if he is the team will prosper. But realistically all of us, supporters, BOD and manager need to realise that we are in a relegation dogfight. We need to be setting up to win games, not to avoid losing because we are getting to the stage where one point games are no good. There is just no point in continuing to do the same thing over and over because it’s not working. It is imperative that we beat Aldershot next week. Simple as that.

• Like 2

Just now, Scot said:

big difference between volunteering to coach 7 year olds and men’s football

Careful Scot. You have left yourself wide open to our resident comedians  :P

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Spot on. Totally agree. He has to change tactics and go with an attacking line up.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Spot on. Totally agree. He had to change tactics and go with an attacking line up.

Slight change, take Denton on loan and take Quigley out of the starting 11 

Spot on. Totally agree. He has to change tactics and go with an attacking line up.

Most of us have been saying the same for months, doubt it will change now.