Jump to content
Shaymen Stats

Random image of the day

Recommended Posts

Just now, Roy Race said:

Is Roberts a first choice at Birmingham nowadays, career stalled a little but maybe at his optimum level.

Tends to have been sub this season whereas Matty Pearson is solid in Luton first 11. Not bad though when we have ex players in all top 3 divisions holding their own. How low have we sunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Tends to have been sub this season whereas Matty Pearson is solid in Luton first 11. Not bad though when we have ex players in all top 3 divisions holding their own. How low have we sunk?

Accrington showed what can be achieved last night. Solid side with a sprinkling of very talented players & a game plan that works to their strengths, Smyth pulled Sunderland's defence all over the pitch making room for others, the role Kosylo should be playing IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Tends to have been sub this season whereas Matty Pearson is solid in Luton first 11. Not bad though when we have ex players in all top 3 divisions holding their own. How low have we sunk?

More like how far have they risen having been given a chance / second chance by FCHT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Accrington showed what can be achieved last night. Solid side with a sprinkling of very talented players & a game plan that works to their strengths, Smyth pulled Sunderland's defence all over the pitch making room for others, the role Kosylo should be playing IMHO.

Will Grigg looked expensive at 4m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chadders said:

More like how far have they risen having been given a chance / second chance by FCHT.

Don´t think it was really a 2nd chance for Marc as he was steadily moving up the football pyramid, FC Wakefield-Worksop-Buxton-FCHalifax-Barnsley-Birmingham.Thats when our scouts used to do their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Accrington showed what can be achieved last night. Solid side with a sprinkling of very talented players & a game plan that works to their strengths, Smyth pulled Sunderland's defence all over the pitch making room for others, the role Kosylo should be playing IMHO.

But Accrington are Massive compared to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

N

17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Don´t think it was really a 2nd chance for Marc as he was steadily moving up the football pyramid, FC Wakefield-Worksop-Buxton-FCHalifax-Barnsley-Birmingham.Thats when our scouts used to do their job.

Indeed that's why I said given a chance / second chance. 

24 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So whats gone wrong Mr.c?

64,000 dollar question Steve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Thats when our scouts used to do their job.

Really?.......you're saying we actually had scouts......ah now l remember!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Today's random image is from the 10th May 1983 a 1-1 home draw with Wimbledon 

FB_IMG_1550477984980.jpg

Is that a young Dave Beasant in goal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

I'm confused, do I see a forward jumping for a ball:o

Nah, they are all defenders (playing in midfield) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Town's Dave Staniforth & Wimbledon's Dave Beasant. We reached the heady heights of 11th that season & would have been in contention for the play-offs under the new system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...