Sign in to follow this  
Derbyshayman

Other Fans Views

I can't remember reading any after match report on opposition fan's forum that ever said we are a good team. Just outplayed Salford but their forum says we were rubbish. I find this on all other boards. Can anyone remember when another team said we were good ?

It was a vast improvement on the last game I saw against Braintree, it was against a supposedly very good team too in Salford, but without sounding negative and miserable, I didn't think we outplayed them. 

If we had created many chances and peppered the goal then i'd say we did, but we didn't to be brutally honest. We were under the cosh for last 20mins. 

I was pleased with the improvement but I won't be going overboard, we still look feeble in attack and the Salford fans have a point. 

• Like 1

All opposition Managers and fans are full of crap especially the likes of Salford who sang your support is F#cking sH#t that is rich coming from a club who have bought anything they have achieved,I know our support would be triple there’s if we had that sort of investment.

Edited by Forever a Shayman
  • Like 2

FA Cup 4th qualifying round.
October 2013.
Nuneaton Town 0-2 Halifax

Gregory (overhead kick). McManus.

Think Nuneaton were about 3rd in the Conference National at the time, and your team made us look so ordinary it was untrue. Completely outplayed. Smith even managed to fall over, sit down, get back up, and put a cross in for Gregory to score.

• Like 1

It's the conference, no team looks good in absolute terms, just better than the crap that's put in front of them :D

In the 13/14 season everyone decided we were nowt special (even our own fans, who then concluded this after we stumbled at the admirable hurdle of the playoff semi finals), mainly because they'd judge our brawn as unartful, from Marc Roberts' logn throws and hoofed clearances to Maynard and Pearson's physical style. It worked though. I think in the higlights from 0-4 drubbing we gave Barnet a fan yells out 'Hoof! There it is.' literally 2 seconds before Gregory picked up said hoof and put it in the back of the net.
Same happened with Adam Smith when he slipped on his bum before putting in a cross that Gregory acrobatically converted in that Nuneaton game.    

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

It's the conference, no team looks good in absolute terms, just better than the crap that's put in front of them :D

In the 13/14 season everyone decided we were nowt special (even our own fans, who then concluded this after we stumbled at the admirable hurdle of the playoff semi finals), mainly because they'd judge our brawn as unartful, from Marc Roberts' logn throws and hoofed clearances to Maynard and Pearson's physical style. It worked though. I think in the higlights from 0-4 drubbing we gave Barnet a fan yells out 'Hoof! There it is.' literally 2 seconds before Gregory picked up said hoof and put it in the back of the net.
Same happened with Adam Smith when he slipped on his bum before putting in a cross that Gregory acrobatically converted in that Nuneaton game.    

The 13/14 season was the one that I, single handed, led the team to the play offs when everyone on here was predicting a mid table finish.

• Like 1

That 13/14 season was great we had such a team to be proud of, always worked their socks off and had some very good talent to go with it. 

Regularly beating of the big clubs by outworking and outplaying them on occssions, shame it ended at Cambridge as i am convinced we would of beaten Gateshead in a play off final at Wembley. 

• Like 1

I think it’s a case of we’re actually so poor and bad that when we play decent we are shocked and maybe get a bit excited. 

However I thought we played well Saturday against Salford. 

3 hours ago, Derbyshayman said:

I can't remember reading any after match report on opposition fan's forum that ever said we are a good team. Just outplayed Salford but their forum says we were rubbish. I find this on all other boards. Can anyone remember when another team said we were good ?

Regarding Saturday, how many shots did we have on target? Not many. I think if you're playing flowing one touch football from end to end you can expect praise but what you saw on Saturday was a big improvement on what had come before which means that if you're a Town fan it was a good performance but if you're a Salford fan, who will have seen plenty of goals and some good performances this season, it would be a pretty drab nil nil draw.

32 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Regarding Saturday, how many shots did we have on target? Not many. I think if you're playing flowing one touch football from end to end you can expect praise but what you saw on Saturday was a big improvement on what had come before which means that if you're a Town fan it was a good performance but if you're a Salford fan, who will have seen plenty of goals and some good performances this season, it would be a pretty drab nil nil draw.

Exactly.

one or two good performances from us we think we’ve turned a corner. We haven’t we’ve still won 2 in 24/25 which again is an embarrassing statistic to have as a manager. 

In my opinion, Saturday I thought we played well as recently it’s been poor football. However Salford thought we were average and so did a lad at my work who’s a Rotherham fan who came to watch us as he thought it was a good game to come watch. Maybe we get a little too excited when we see a little bit of 1 touch passing :lol:

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Exactly.

one or two good performances from us we think we’ve turned a corner. We haven’t we’ve still won 2 in 24/25 which again is an embarrassing statistic to have as a manager. 

In my opinion, Saturday I thought we played well as recently it’s been poor football. However Salford thought we were average and so did a lad at my work who’s a Rotherham fan who came to watch us as he thought it was a good game to come watch. Maybe we get a little too excited when we see a little bit of 1 touch passing :lol:

People with no emotional connection to a club always view things differently 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Leyton Orient best team we have played better than moneybags Salford,Leyton Orient will win the League but we are so bad a team that neither of them 2 won at the Shay so we cannot be that bad can we?

You can throw all the money you want at a football club but it can't buy team spirit and togetherness and that's what ALL good/great sides have. A manager, along with good committed players build that. People in and around the club who are all singing from the same hymn sheet will also add to it. Once you have that and you have a few quality players then you won't be far off. 

Money is important but it can't buy everything.

34 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

You can throw all the money you want at a football club but it can't buy team spirit and togetherness and that's what ALL good/great sides have. A manager, along with good committed players build that. People in and around the club who are all singing from the same hymn sheet will also add to it. Once you have that and you have a few quality players then you won't be far off. 

Money is important but it can't buy everything.

Not even Love according to The Beatles. 

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

People with no emotional connection to a club always view things differently 

Yes but from a neutral point of view I’d have thought people would think we played well as in my opinion it was a good game from us all over the park. 

• Like 1

Nice to have plaudits but can live without them. I try to have a balanced view on other teams & endeavour to comment accordingly..

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Yes but from a neutral point of view I’d have thought people would think we played well as in my opinion it was a good game from us all over the park. 

We played well (for us) but still couldn't, and in truth never really looked like scoring a goal against a team there for the taking.

For me we played it like a cup tie as the underdogs just as we had in spells against Wimbledon & Morecambe, basically games with little expectations or pressure. The question is have we turned a corner or was it a 'flash in the pan' just like the cup games proved to be? I maintain that failure to win at least 1 of our next 3 games all of which come against clubs currently sat in the relegation zone and the BOD must surely act. 

Our problems start when our opponents get 7 plus men behind the ball . We don't have the ability to play in spaces or even to create spaces . The movement and off ball running from King v Salford was encouraging but only a small step in the right direction

6 hours ago, wrighty130 said:

That 13/14 season was great we had such a team to be proud of, always worked their socks off and had some very good talent to go with it. 

Regularly beating of the big clubs by outworking and outplaying them on occssions, shame it ended at Cambridge as i am convinced we would of beaten Gateshead in a play off final at Wembley. 

That season was the first time I’d been in a Halifax away end, and why I posted on here for the first time. Grimsby away that year, I realised what a big club you were (in non league terms). The away support was phenomenal and I was in awe. 

Like you say, working their socks off- Maynard, Pearson and Marshall (under rated based on when I saw him play) were top class that night. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mj85 said:

That season was the first time I’d been in a Halifax away end, and why I posted on here for the first time. Grimsby away that year, I realised what a big club you were (in non league terms). The away support was phenomenal and I was in awe. 

Like you say, working their socks off- Maynard, Pearson and Marshall (under rated based on when I saw him play) were top class that night. 

We've always travelled well. 500 at home against Northwich followed by 50-100 going to Dover. Doubt many clubs can match that in percentage terms. Of course, this just means Town supporters are crazy, or idiotic, or masochistic perhaps.

• Like 1

I do read other fans' forums.  Comments I remember about us are Hartlepool - "they were rank".  That was after we had beaten them.

Orient (I think).  "They were ordinary but had one player (Kosylo) who knew how to play football".

One that sticks in my mind, can't remember the club but it was a discussion about part/full time/ hybrid - "if Halifax is the answer what's the ****ing question"