Sign in to follow this  
chadders

Ask Away................

On 31/01/2019, 22:38:59, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Well Done to JF for doing it. He didn’t need to. I think you can sense he desperately wants to be a success. Absolutely respect him for putting his head on the line and doing the managers job rather than sticking to coaching. 

Most managers do it and I'm not sure what people expected but it was mainly the usual bill of fayre given by them all. Wilder, Aspin et al have done similar and indeed Aspin took umbrage to an early question posed by Kit one time and was evasive the rest of the night. Some good questions were put to JF but I'm sorry some were unhappy with the answers - or lack of - and maybe they should have said so or sought further information or clarification ??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

As for JF, I'm surprised at the number of people making fun of the use of technology. It is a positive step and absolutely essential for any progressive club in the modern age. That's not to say good old man management doesn't have its place; it would be ridiculous to.say otherwise. But as an added string to the bow its a step in the right direction. 

People only making fun of his use of 'Technology' because the simple fundamental basics were seriously lacking for a long period. 

45 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

When he was moderator, Hoddie once gave me a warning for having an ongoing spat with TNV which after a while he PM'd us both saying:

"Your personal spat became very boring a long time ago. Take it to personal messages and stop baiting each other on the main forum. I don't want to ban anyone from the forum but it'll happen if this carries on." 

Perhaps he should take his own advice. Nobody likes a hypocrite.

Not that I really have anything against Hoddie or JGN1. It's just indicative of how this forum is these days. There's far less debate and more stubborn berating of other opinions and ultimately descent into personal insults. That used to occur between a few users on occasion, but these days it is the over-riding theme. 

As for JF, I'm surprised at the number of people making fun of the use of technology. It is a positive step and absolutely essential for any progressive club in the modern age. That's not to say good old man management doesn't have its place; it would be ridiculous to say otherwise. But as an added string to the bow its a step in the right direction. 

Our first season of full time football has not been great, but I'd be surprised if any realists thought it would be.  The football has been uninspiring, but the foundation of a good team starts with its defence and JF has that.

We're not getting battered, we're not conceding loads of goals. We're just not scoring them either. It's something to work on, but a base is definitely there. Whether JF is the right man to build on it will become apparent at the start of next season, as providing we steer clear of relegation this season then I'll believe he'll get the summer to recruit and strengthen. 

But whatever happens, be realistic. Without significant investment in the playing budget and club infrastructure, we are firmly at our level. 

The guys a hypocrite. And absolutely. We are at our level. We were spoilt under Lord Apsin. 

6 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

The guys a hypocrite. And absolutely. We are at our level. We were spoilt under Lord Apsin. 

Spoilt in the Pub Leagues. FFS.

On 1/25/2019, 9:01:59, Hoddie said:

How is what I said against the BoD? Seriously, some of you need to pull your head out of your arses occasionally. Any fine would be issued to Steve and perhaps Gav, absolutely nothing to do with the club.

Unlikely, I don't know either of them. I wouldn't attend even were they to invite me. I've met with DB a few times (at least three that I can remember) and have no desire to meet him again. Peacock is a nice chap, DB is quiet, reserved almost, and Ham is cocksure. That's the sum of knowledge I've taken from being in the same meetings as them. I see no value in meeting with them to discuss issues they've had upwards of ten years to resolve. Where were these meetings 10 years ago? Or 9? Or 8? Etc. DB made a public promise to meet with Gav/The Trust and afaik, they're still waiting. Still, Gav/The Trust are probably more capable of ensuring things change, even in a little way, than some random supporters off a forum, which is probably whey they're still being ignored.

I came back for the cup final... :)

On 1/25/2019, 8:34:21, eddies mate said:

Probably because there's more chance of Nick,Hoddie and Rick Holden turning up in same taxi....:lol:

On 1/25/2019, 9:01:59, Hoddie said:

How is what I said against the BoD? Seriously, some of you need to pull your head out of your arses occasionally. Any fine would be issued to Steve and perhaps Gav, absolutely nothing to do with the club.

Unlikely, I don't know either of them. I wouldn't attend even were they to invite me. I've met with DB a few times (at least three that I can remember) and have no desire to meet him again. Peacock is a nice chap, DB is quiet, reserved almost, and Ham is cocksure. That's the sum of knowledge I've taken from being in the same meetings as them. I see no value in meeting with them to discuss issues they've had upwards of ten years to resolve. Where were these meetings 10 years ago? Or 9? Or 8? Etc. DB made a public promise to meet with Gav/The Trust and afaik, they're still waiting. Still, Gav/The Trust are probably more capable of ensuring things change, even in a little way, than some random supporters off a forum, which is probably whey they're still being ignored.

I came back for the cup final... :)... 

Just now, Bobbins said:

Home after the meeting with the chairman tonight.

Was very good, very informative and candid.

Just a shame of the 14 or so invited only 7 said they could go.

Even more of a shame that of those 7, only me actually turned up.

I know there are more meetings to be arranged with different groups and different age ranges, I’d urge anyone invited to try get along to it. It’s well worth it and can only benefit our club.

How tinpot

1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Home after the meeting with the chairman tonight.

Was very good, very informative and candid.

Just a shame of the 14 or so invited only 7 said they could go.

Even more of a shame that of those 7, only me actually turned up.

I know there are more meetings to be arranged with different groups and different age ranges, I’d urge anyone invited to try get along to it. It’s well worth it and can only benefit our club.

Perhaps if the “random” selector had selected passionate critics rather than compliant DB fan club members it might have been more useful. Surrounding yourself with yes men is not good business

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Confused so 7 said they could not attend which left 7 and only you turned up so what happened to all the cakes?.

Bobbins ate them all easy. 

28 minutes ago, dj funky said:

Confused so 7 said they could not attend which left 7 and only you turned up so what happened to all the cakes?.

Just him and Dave then/

24 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

Since I know who was invited, they were not DB compliant fan club members

Is it just me who finds it disrespectful that if you say yes in your RSVP and then don't turn up?

Fair enough Steve, I know you are a decent chap and I agree it is very disrespectful

Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

Fair enough Steve, I know you are a decent chap and I agree it is very disrespectful

Serves them right for being selective.

2 Q&A’s and a handful decide to go...

Still , there is always this forum eh? 

• Like 2

Even Tony Abbott had a meeting down't Shay and invited anyone and everyone in Calderdale. Our Gaffer  only invited a select few, what on earth did people expect?

1 hour ago, andrich said:

Who can blame the chairman if he decides not to bother communicating in future? People complain about lack of information, but then when he tries to do something about it, half decline the invitation and the half who accepted don’t have the manners to turn up (except for one of course). Disgusting and very rude.

Sadly it will reinforce the wall of silence, massive own goal 4 fans

1 hour ago, Scot said:

2 Q&A’s and a handful decide to go...

Still , there is always this forum eh? 

The meet the manager was an absolute pig of a night weather wise so those that said yes and didn't attend can be excused, but no excuses for the half dozen no shows on this one, it's just plain rude and a real missed opportunity

• Like 1