Sign in to follow this  
johngrantsnumber1

Braintree

11 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Braintree are bottom of the league and you'd expect them to be fighting for their lives and picking up hard fought points, especially in games like this. But to put today into context, this was just their 6th point since October. They are the worst team in the league by some considerable distance, but JGN1 - and presumably some others - believe one shot against them and a point isn't so bad. Because we won against Harrogate.

The day beating a team that's come from the glue leagues is the highlight of our season, that's the time to pack it the feck in. Until that actually happens, how about we all sing from the same sheet - as JGN1 suggests - and demand the club get rid of this inept fecking manager before it's too late.

Were from the glue leagues! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

No I agree with you on that point there wasn't as much praise as there should of been, whether that was down to the shock factor I don't know. Should we start a winning run then maybe the praise will build like the criticism has been building on our bad run.

I suspect that the majority don’t like us to win as it means that JF stays. 

Honestly if you look at the Harrogate thread you may see like a ‘Well Done’ or completely nothing from Hoddie. But when we’ve lost its ‘absolute Garbage’ ‘awful’ ‘JF out’ 

There is no balance thus you could never have a reasoned debate. Also add to the fact that most have overly unrealistic expectations. But that’s just my opinion. Will no doubt get abuse thrown at me for it 

21 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

A positive from today is a clean sheet. Back line of Johnson Ducky or Hanson Brown Clarke Sellars or skarz has been in the main fairly solid. 

Just offering another perspective to the predictable 

The back 4 and keeper would probably be somewhere near winning this league if they had anything in front of them

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Hang on...is that a good thing? Can’t quite work out what positive we ought to be taking from having one shot in 90 mins at home against bottom.

We didn’t have a shot on target ,If we had one we would probably have won Braintree are that bad.

Edited by Forever a Shayman

Just now, Ash said:

The back 4 and keeper would probably be somewhere near winning this league if they had anything in front of them

I agree. The midfield and attack is where we fall short. Therefore I always thought we should aim to stay in the league this season as a new full time outfit then build in the summer. With those areas being where we aim to improve 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I suspect that the majority don’t like us to win as it means that JF stays. 

Honestly if you look at the Harrogate thread you may see like a ‘Well Done’ or completely nothing from Hoddie. But when we’ve lost its ‘absolute Garbage’ ‘awful’ ‘JF out’ 

There is no balance thus you could never have a reasoned debate. Also add to the fact that most have overly unrealistic expectations. But that’s just my opinion. Will no doubt get abuse thrown at me for it 

Actually I said: "Great result that needs building on. The downside is that this gives the manager a little breathing space, and I'm way past believing he offers anything good for the club. Perfectly prepared to be proven wrong however." Pretty fair I think given the context.

• Like 1

Just now, Ash said:

Scarz is not good enough.Slowest left back I have ever seen.Sellars everytime.

A truly dreadful game of football today. Hard to know what the way forward is. Maybe we will stave off relegation but it is awful to watch. I was actually looking forward to the game today and a decent performance but yet again we failed to take the game to the opposition. They had one player up front who caused us problems in the first half and resulted in us standing off too deep inviting Braintree to come forward. Yet again second to the ball all over the pitch. I just don't think whatever Fullarton's tactics are that they are working. If he is unable to improve performances then he has to go. They are his players and his tactics so the responsibility lies with him. It's just so boring and dispiriting to watch regardless of what the results are. No idea how they will find any highlights to show apart from a few long range shots from Braintree and Quigley taking his eye off the ball with his only chance. Every week home support is drifting away and once gone it's hard to persuade people back. I'll keep going but there is little pleasure in doing so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I agree. The midfield and attack is where we fall short. Therefore I always thought we should aim to stay in the league this season as a new full time outfit then build in the summer. With those areas being where we aim to improve 

What do you expect the forwards to do?When they hardly get the ball.

Midfield is the problem area along with Fullarton,s tactics.Which are bloody clueless by the way...

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Actually I said: "Great result that needs building on. The downside is that this gives the manager a little breathing space, and I'm way past believing he offers anything good for the club. Perfectly prepared to be proven wrong however." Pretty fair I think given the context.

Mild bit of praise through gritted teeth with still some negativity thrown in. Biased as ultimately you want the manager to go. So unless JF gets us into the play offs he will never win. Case closed 

Mild bit of praise through gritted teeth with still some negativity thrown in. Biased as ultimately you want the manager to go. So unless JF gets us into the play offs he will never win. Case closed 

#fakeignored

29 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Haha nice one. Never was going to have a “chat”. Anyway yet again he played garbage. 

Is that why you’ve just sent me a PM?

Braintree are much better away from home than at home. They are also fighting for their lives. Nevertheless, this is an extremely disappointing result and performance. 

JF doesn't seem to motivate the players. We make 2 very encouraging signings and then fall flat on our face. 

Just now, awaydays said:

Is that why you’ve just sent me a PM?

The PM has nothing to do with what you said. :lol: I was explaining the situation and saying no need for it. Anyway glad ur happy with the performance. 

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

#truthhurts 

Two league wins since August, one of them against bottom of the league. Truth hurts? You must have a banging headache.

#fakeignored

• Like 2

Just now, Hoddie said:

Two league wins since August, one of them against bottom of the league. Truth hurts? You must have a banging headache.

#fakeignored

As you and so many other seem to have a love of the form table. What do you think to unbeaten in four? 

#canthaveareasoneddebateasyouwantJFout

What did I miss with Kossy at the final whistle!!!! I had my head in my hands at that point??? I know he had the run in with one of their guys towards the end and I noticed a bit of argy bargy but I must have missed somat!!!!!

3 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The PM has nothing to do with what you said. :lol: I was explaining the situation and saying no need for it. Anyway glad ur happy with the performance. 

People aren’t necessarily saying they are happy with the performance. They are simply counteracting the extreme negativity. As Scot said the reaction to some performances is frightening 

• Like 1

Very disappointing result. At home to bottom of the league, any football fan would be expecting their team to win that game. I was hoping for a good win to fill the players with confidence and boost our GD, but it just didn’t happen.

If a result like this were a one-off then you’d go ‘oh well, these things happen in football and that’s why we love it’ but it’s been happening all too often this season.

Whilst we are not doing amazingly in the league I don’t feel Fullarton’s time is up (yet) but if we fall back into another slump, having not even properly got out of this one, he’s not got a hope.  I hope he turns it around, building a project does take time but things have to improve.

On the negative side, 1 win in 23 as we keep being told; on the bright side 1 defeat in 7 and unbeaten in the last 4, still in the FA Trophy. This season could still end well. Unless we fall into a serious relegation battle I don’t see JF leaving before the season is up.

Just now, archietaylor7 said:

What did I miss with Kossy at the final whistle!!!! I had my head in my hands at that point??? I know he had the run in with one of their guys towards the end and I noticed a bit of argy bargy but I must have missed somat!!!!!

He was getting some stick at the end from some in the South Stand.Saying he was a disgrace & to get off the f****** pitch.Likewise Matty Brown.

People aren’t necessarily saying they are happy with the performance. They are simply counteracting the extreme negativity. As Scot said the reaction to some performances is frightening 

Rightly so. 0-0 at home against the worst side in the league who have conceded 53 goals. 

Imo that’s not a good result but obviously you do. It’s your opinion so