Sign in to follow this  
johngrantsnumber1

Braintree

10 minutes ago, greygoose said:

'No balance' ?....this coming from one of Heaths biggest critics yet 12 months on your backing Fullerton who's on a worse run.  If this isnt evidence your on the wind up i dont know what is.

Dear grey goose. Heath was taking us down. I don’t want my club to go down. I note that Pliny was Heaths bum boy yet hates JF. 

1 minute ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Dear grey goose. Heath was taking us down. I don’t want my club to go down. I note that Pliny was Heaths bum boy yet hates JF. 

Yoh don’t want the club to go down?? 

So why are you wanting Fullarton to stay! 

Edited by TJAshton

Just now, TJAshton said:

Yoh don’t want the club to go down?? 

So why are you wanting Fullarton to stay! 

I expected you to say this. As I see his potential. I feel that he can build something here. 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I expected you to say this. As I see his potential. I feel that he can build something here. 

The only thing he’s building up is his pyramid of emotions. 

Truthfully what did you think of that performance today. Surely you weren’t happy or satisfied with that? 

Just now, TJAshton said:

The only thing he’s building up is his pyramid of emotions. 

Truthfully what did you think of that performance today. Surely you weren’t happy or satisfied with that? 

No it was poor (apart from the clean sheet) However very happy with the last three games thus one out of four can be forgiven. Hoping to kick on now 

Today wasn't good enough a performance  ...simple as that ...I've listened to every game and watched every one live on the bookies 'heat map' to try and get a feel for the game and today frustrated me ........and I'm in Glasgow  

Sounded flat and not enough created so there is little point kidding on that is was acceptable and I'm pretty sure the players and manager know it

Positives are Hanson in permanently and a new striker who has just arrived.

Its a point ...a clean sheet but not one thing more than that ....must do better next game

This team can compete but they need to click

When your playing bottom of the league who have conceded 53 goals. The last thing you expect (when you’ve just signed a new striker) is to sit back and allow wave after wave of attacks. To not have one shot on target is abysmal. JF won’t be sacked. He won’t walk either. But I guarantee he will take us down. Once Kossy goes to Crewe. We are royally ****ed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

You respect other peoples' opinion unless they hurl abuse. Says the one hurling abuse. For the record, you abused me several times before I returned the favour. Look, I genuinely don't know if you're a troll or just reality-challenged or something, but you're boring just about everyone with your "but we won at Harrogate" nonsense. It amazes me that anyone can think this club is in a good position and moving forward despite not winning more than two league games in five months. I can almost understand Scot trying to put a positive spin on things on behalf of his mate, but Halifax Town supporters have seen this many times before and I'd wager we know a downward trajectory more than anyone. The current trajectory for this club isn't just Conference North, it's the Unibond. Two wins in five months. Jesus, that has to be one of the ten worst periods of form in Halifax Town's 108 year history. But we won at Harrogate, so y'know, all is well.

#fakeignored

2 hours ago, mjc12345 said:

You have to be joking with regards to Skarz! He could hardly run today. Kossy was back more than him!

I thought Skarz looked alright to be honest. Clearly not fully match fit, but never got beat by his man and one of the few to show any urgency.

5 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

You respect other peoples' opinion unless they hurl abuse. Says the one hurling abuse. For the record, you abused me several times before I returned the favour. Look, I genuinely don't know if you're a troll or just reality-challenged or something, but you're boring just about everyone with your "but we won at Harrogate" nonsense. It amazes me that anyone can think this club is in a good position and moving forward despite not winning more than two league games in five months. I can almost understand Scot trying to put a positive spin on things on behalf of his mate, but Halifax Town supporters have seen this many times before and I'd wager we know a downward trajectory more than anyone. The current trajectory for this club isn't just Conference North, it's the Unibond. Two wins in five months. Jesus, that has to be one of the ten worst periods of form in Halifax Town's 108 year history. But we won at Harrogate, so y'know, all is well.

#fakeignored

Oh dear. I will explain it to you. After the 0-0 draw at home to Braintree. That’s DRAW not LOSS I predicted that there would be an outcry on here. A far bigger outcry than BUZZ after that magnificent win at Harrogate (that you didn’t go to). So I’m asking for them to be some perspective. In football sometimes you win the games you are least expected to win and you don’t win the games you are expected to. 

Transitioning from part time to full time with a largely new squad meant imo there would be a step backwards before we kicked on next season. And I was always happy with conserving our status in this league this season. 

The fact is we are closer points wise to mid table than we are the drop zone. No matter how you dress it up. 

#dontdragmedowntoyourlevel 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

Oh dear. I will explain it to you. After the 0-0 draw at home to Eastleigh. That’s DRAW not LOSS I predicted that there would be an outcry on here. A far bigger outcry than BUZZ after that magnificent win at Harrogate (that you didn’t go to). So I’m asking for them to be some perspective. In football sometimes you win the games you are least expected to win and you don’t win the games you are expected to. 

Transitioning from part time to full time with a largely new squad meant imo there would be a step backwards before we kicked on next season. And I was always happy with conserving our status in this league this season. 

The fact is we are closer points wise to mid table than we are the drop zone. No matter how you dress it up. 

#dontdragmedowntoyourlevel 

The only one dressing anything up here is you. You're dressing up two league wins in five months as being a good return on increased investment in the squad and facilities. It just doesn't make sense.

I didn't go to the game because I live in a different country. I realise that makes me less of a fan than you but that's something I've learned to live with.

Add me to your ignore list like you said you had and you don't have a problem. I know the ignore feature works because I just tested it.

Just now, Hoddie said:

The only one dressing anything up here is you. You're dressing up two league wins in five months as being a good return on increased investment in the squad and facilities. It just doesn't make sense.

I didn't go to the game because I live in a different country. I realise that makes me less of a fan than you but that's something I've learned to live with.

Add me to your ignore list like you said you had and you don't have a problem. I know the ignore feature works because I just tested it.

It does make sense. Sometimes in business, in life, in football, you have to take step backwards in order to move forward. 

Not dressing anything up. The facts are we are closer to mid table than the drop zone. 

It does make sense. Sometimes in business, in life, in football, you have to take step backwards in order to move forward. 

Not dressing anything up. The facts are we are closer to mid table than the drop zone. 

But we are heading downwards not upwards

Give it time. We will move upwards. I’m sure of it.

And what exactly do you see in the manager / squad to lead you to that assumption??

Just now, Bazza2al said:

And what exactly do you see in the manager / squad to lead you to that assumption??

Hanson signing permanently. New striker. Quite a few players to come back. There’s definitely a fighting spirit in there somewhere as evidenced with the two late comebacks 

This season hasn't been a step backwards. It's been a hop, a skip and a jump backwards.

You dream of a finale based on this one fact, ignoring a host of other facts that signal to almost everyone else a completely different ending to the season. In any case, we will see soon enough. If Town's fortunes over the last five months continue across the next six games (during which we play relegation candidates Chesterfield, Maidstone, Aldershot and Havant), this club is in deep ****. If Town's form follows the recent up-turn despite today's evidence that that seems unlikely, lower mid-table may just be where the club lands.

I didn't go today but it sounded grim. I was at both the Harrogate games. On Boxing day we were terrible for 45 minutes but the team showed fight in the second half to gain the win. We weren't better than Harrogate on the balance of play though.

NYD and again we were terrible for 70 minutes. Harrogate couldn't kill us off and the last 20 mins of the game was fortunately enough for us to grab the draw.

The beef I have with Fullarton is that he was brought in with the prospect of being a great coach and having the ability to get the most out of fairly limited resources but with a full time schedule. I'm sorry but I just see no evidence of this. This could not have been more apparent than on NYD.

Harrogate should have killed us off and have had a recent poor run of form but they are in the play off mix for a reason and it isn't cash. They are properly coached. They had shape and retained possession effectively. All we do is constantly look to play the long ball over the opposition defence and never look comfortable on the ball. Where is the coaching? I see no evidence when I have seen us play this year.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

This season hasn't been a step backwards. It's been a hop, a skip and a jump backwards.

You dream of a finale based on this one fact, ignoring a host of other facts that signal to almost everyone else a completely different ending to the season. In any case, we will see soon enough. If Town's fortunes over the last five months continue across the next six games (during which we play relegation candidates Chesterfield, Maidstone, Aldershot and Havant), this club is in deep ****. If Town's form follows the recent up-turn despite today's evidence that that seems unlikely, lower mid-table may just be where the club lands.

Regarding your first point. The season hasn’t finished. 

Regarding the second point then as Shaymen fans me and you will be united in the hope that our form follows the recent upturn. Not so different me and you deep down. 

Fair play to JG1 and edging his bets and if it comes in that JF turns it around then he will have been proved right. 

I just don't understand the blind positiveness though. Not putting words in your head but surely you can't be happy with EVERYTHING! 

Couple of things for me regarding both Harrogate & Braintree:- Harrogate had that little No4 who completely dominated both our games against them and in my opinion Braintree had the guy wearing the No10 shirt who bossed the midfield for them. If anything, it really proves that we desperately need a quality midfielder and that they are out there!!! The No24, Ginger lad playing up front was very good as well. Should be playing in a better team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Hanson signing permanently. New striker. Quite a few players to come back. There’s definitely a fighting spirit in there somewhere as evidenced with the two late comebacks 

How does Hanson signing permanently make us more likely to win games? Great signing, but he’s still the same player...

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

Fair play to JG1 and edging his bets and if it comes in that JF turns it around then he will have been proved right. 

I just don't understand the blind positiveness though. Not putting words in your head but surely you can't be happy with EVERYTHING! 

I’m not. It’s just because these lot are so unbelievably miserable and negative I feel the need to be a little OTT. I wasn’t happy with that performance today. 

Just now, greg45 said:

How does Hanson signing permanently make us more likely to win games? Great signing, but he’s still the same player...

It’s a positive step and shows that the club means business 

Their ginger 24 was very good. 

2 things that stood out for me were 2 dead ball situations. 

Sam Johnson taking a goal kick towards skarz that their black striker was aware of and marked Skarz straight away, all from a goal kick, pressing high. 

Then whilst we defend a free kick in our final 3rd Kozzy switches off completely and gives them a free pass and cross. 

JF promised that we'd close teams down and we never do, we invite pressure on like idiots. 

• Like 1