Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SHAY man

Only if we had a striker

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

Didn't he score for them in the cup yesterday? Gilchrist? 

Think been out injured for a while. On a good deal there and apparently FC United get 500 quid for every goal he scores !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact is, recent managers of Halifax Town, including the present one would not know a striker if one slammed a ball into his goolies.

Edited by Shaytrev
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

The fact is, recent managers of Halifax Town, including the present one would not know a striker if one slammed a ball into his goolies.

Got to say Trev, not always a fan of your post's but on this occasion i couldn't have put it better myself :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was Denton’s goal ratio?

What was Gregory’s goal ratio?

What was James Deans goal ratio?

I’d say what was Adam Morgan’s goal ratio but he only plays 10 games before he moves on to his next club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the challenge 

there are two types of players who could be available,, someone firing blanks in the league above and not  regularly getting starts 

or some from a league or so below us who scores for fun 

both are a risk, you have to take a chance nobody on here celebrated 

Vardy Gregory signing we just got lucky :) 

nick 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nick said:

That’s the challenge 

there are two types of players who could be available,, someone firing blanks in the league above and not  regularly getting starts 

or some from a league or so below us who scores for fun 

both are a risk, you have to take a chance nobody on here celebrated 

Vardy Gregory signing we just got lucky :) 

nick 

Agree but I'd say luck and good judgement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easier and cheaper to take the risk when you're in the Glue Leagues . In the National League you're committing to a 12/18 month contract at top dollar and with an interfering agent . Fleetwood were where we are now when they signed Vardy from us, we were in virtual obscurity when we signed Gregory from Mansfield . How many of our numerous Glue League signings made it out of the Glue Leagues ? How many of our National League signings have provided good value for money ? The likes of Boden, Burrows, Peniket etc were adequate but not great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nick said:

That’s the challenge 

there are two types of players who could be available,, someone firing blanks in the league above and not  regularly getting starts 

nick 

there is also the availability of youngsters at league clubs who are seeking experience.   our club do not appear to be too interested in those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rdj said:

there is also the availability of youngsters at league clubs who are seeking experience.   our club do not appear to be too interested in those!

Only problem is that whilst there's a good number of these youngsters available, how many of them are actually ready for men's football? For every Jacob Hanson, there's a Conor Thomson, who in truth was a victim of the academy system that's in place at clubs higher up the pyramid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ash said:

What was Denton’s goal ratio?

What was Gregory’s goal ratio?

What was James Deans goal ratio?

I’d say what was Adam Morgan’s goal ratio but he only plays 10 games before he moves on to his next club.

Gregory shouldn't even be compared to those two cloggers. Denton's was 1 in 4 wasn't it. So shite. Close to 1 in 5 for Chesterfield. Who  by the way have already dropped him 10 games in. HahahahaRefer back to trev but amend slightly. The last 2 managers wouldn't know a striker if he smacked him in his goolies 

Edited by Greggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Considering reinstating bob a job week 

difficulty is now the Premiership scouts are sniffing round the glue leagues and cherry picking the best whereas before they filtered through clubs like ours which resulted in transfer fees / sell on clauses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Conor Simpson 6' 5" PNE forward 18 year old ex Hartlepool on loan at Hyde until 17.11.18 (scoring 3 in 7).

Would he be worth a shot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Gregory shouldn't even be compared to those two cloggers. Denton's was 1 in 4 wasn't it. So shite. Close to 1 in 5 for Chesterfield. Who  by the way have already dropped him 10 games in. HahahahaRefer back to trev but amend slightly. The last 2 managers wouldn't know a striker if he smacked him in his goolies 

Denton was 1 in 2 at Ferriby, 1 in 3 at the Shay and then 6 in 9 at Alfreton, so yeah pretty shite :lol: 

We needed to do better than Denton to move forward as a club but we've brought in 2 strikers that are less likely to score than him, Edwards isn't good enough and the jury remains out on Southwell due to the fact he's not been given a run up top.  I suspect that when the jury finally return with their verdict he will be found not good enough for this league.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greggs said:

Gregory shouldn't even be compared to those two cloggers. Denton's was 1 in 4 wasn't it. So shite. Close to 1 in 5 for Chesterfield. Who  by the way have already dropped him 10 games in. HahahahaRefer back to trev but amend slightly. The last 2 managers wouldn't know a striker if he smacked him in his goolies 

Denton didn't play at the weekend as he's more than likely Cup tied with alfreton if you mean he got 'dropped' at the weekend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

Denton didn't play at the weekend as he's more than likely Cup tied with alfreton if you mean he got 'dropped' at the weekend? 

Played against Fylde to scupper that theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...