Sign in to follow this  
Flea

Lenighan leaving Town.

Not heard anything official yet, however my understanding is that Simon Lenighan's contract is due to expire on the 15th November, meaning this Saturday's game against Morecambe could well be his last.

*To be clear, this is not confirmed yet, but several good sources are saying this weekend is his last with us*

Edited by Flea

How can we ever replace him ? Maybe this will depend on the outcome of the Morecambe game as he isn't cup tied (or are we already waving the white flag rather than speculating fake news at the risk of squad unrest)

1 minute ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Takening aside everything that’s been said about him he is simply not good enough to play National League Football .

Could have told you that 2 years ago, hope we do due diligence on his replacement

40 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Damage already done, both to Halifax Town and JF's career.

The episode will go away like a f@rt in the wind, forgotten with no damage to anyone.

• Like 4

Don’t worry JF will have done due diligence on any replacement, having had the player watched six times at least. He will then play him out of position to nullify his abilities. The prime example being Southwell who scored for fun until joining Town.

9 hours ago, Flea said:

Not heard anything official yet, however my understanding is that Simon Lenighan's contract is due to expire on the 15th November, meaning this Saturday's game against Morecambe could well be his last.

*To be clear, this is not confirmed yet, but several good sources are saying this weekend is his last with us*

Lehighan was told in October his stay was over after third month.Another baffling decision by JF...surely wait til the months up to get whatever commitment there was....nearly as amusing as Man City's penalty last night that Clitheroe don't want him back...:D

11 minutes ago, Scot said:

Lenighan has been fortunate with squad numbers 

signings won’t always work . FC Halifax move on 

Accepted...but you're massively over-simplifying this scenario.

31 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Accepted...but you're massively over-simplifying this scenario.

You’re over complicating it with respect.

not one manager gets signings all correct ... not one

it does however get amplified if you get it wrong when you have a small squad.

Lenighan , given some fans initial reaction really needed to be outstanding to be accepted ... he hasn’t , it happens ... he , like others will move on and so will the club 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Scot said:

Lenighan , given some fans initial reaction really needed to be outstanding to be accepted ... he hasn’t , it happens ... he , like others will move on and so will the club 

Bullshit...we had 2 months of him and he wasn't up to scratch...pathetically we extended it another month,he then got dropped after a week and told he was leaving in three weeks-a catalogue of incompetance i've not seen in 40 years.

The initial signing,like any,was a gamble i accept that regardless of his history.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

I thought and said that the initial signing of SL was poor and that the extension was diabolical, I also think the signing os SL was the turning point of the fans against JF.....

Totally agree.It was the point when JFs perceived metticulous attention to detail was exposed as the fraud we can all now see...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scot said:

But managers sign players with the best intentions hoping that who there bringing in are better than the current crop and any other players available to them. Of course it doesn't always work out some prove to be poor signings but generally a fan can at least see the reasoning of the signing at the time.

Many are calling for Michael Collins to return and if he did its possible he might not be the player he was last season. If this was the case then it wouldn't have worked out, but at least we could all see the reasoning in bringing him back in.

The big difference here Scot we already knew not only of SL off field antics but also of his lack of footballing ability and it was quite simply never going to work from day one. I don't doubt for a second that SL has been a very cheap option but i fail to believe that we could not have got better value for money, be it in the loan market or lower down the football pyramid. Sorry, but this wasn't a signing that simply didn't work out it was a crazy decision by the manager and our BOD.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Bullshit...we had 2 months of him and he wasn't up to scratch...pathetically we extended it another month,he then got dropped after a week and told he was leaving in three weeks-a catalogue of incompetance i've not seen in 40 years.

The initial signing,like any,was a gamble i accept that regardless of his history.

Hey I disagree and to say its the worst incompetence in 40 years I'm pretty sure would be optimistic at best.

Some fans say other players haven't been up to scratch either but the difference here is that Lenighan , in my opinion, was fortunate that the squad had injuries and numbers were low and add to that he appears to be on month to month so JF can get rid....just not soon enough for some.

If JF got rid and they had 3 on the bench then they'd moan about that too!

The reality is that he isn't playing now and fans are still moaning about it and will continue to do so until he's gone which he will do.....and then they will look to the next player.

My point is that players don't work out sometimes ...the club will move on...let's hope the fans can too

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Totally agree.It was the point when JFs perceived metticulous attention to detail was exposed as the fraud we can all now see...

Eddies Mate ....this is a message board and you can type what you like but phrases like 'fraud' in my opinion are poor and not required.

This is a guy who's been in football , coaching and management his whole life and to throw away phrases like that is poor form....but you're entitled to your opinion

I assume you didn't go down to Harveys last night and let him know how you feel?

5 minutes ago, Scot said:

Hey I disagree and to say its the worst incompetence in 40 years I'm pretty sure would be optimistic at best.

Some fans say other players haven't been up to scratch either but the difference here is that Lenighan , in my opinion, was fortunate that the squad had injuries and numbers were low and add to that he appears to be on month to month so JF can get rid....just not soon enough for some.

If JF got rid and they had 3 on the bench then they'd moan about that too!

The reality is that he isn't playing now and fans are still moaning about it and will continue to do so until he's gone which he will do.....and then they will look to the next player.

My point is that players don't work out sometimes ...the club will move on...let's hope the fans can too

You really don't have a clue do you....leaving it there as you're not a fan and don't attend matches...

10 minutes ago, Scot said:

This is a guy who's been in football , coaching and management his whole life and to throw away phrases like that is poor form....but you're entitled to your opinion

David Cameron was in politics his entire life and was a definite fraud.

• Like 4

Only seen him twice this season

He looked like a passenger in both games, not involved much as the games simply passed him by.....

Sure Clitheroe will look forward to his return

Could we not return the favour and offer them Odelusi on loan?

• Like 2