Sign in to follow this  
johngrantsnumber1

How many goals will we knock past Havant

I think we will struggle to score with the system and players we use. Unless JF gives Southwell the strikers roll we seem to rely on Kossy for goals and that isn't always that effective. 

This is not meant to be negative just realistic.

Play like we did in the second half at Solihull and no reason why we can't get something tbf. The 7-0 win Havant got has to be noted came against a side that had an outfield player in goal for an hour. Prior to that result their form was the worst in the league I believe. 

At this stage and due to our run I don't care how many we score, as long as its one more than them. I'll take a scrappy 1-0 that will get the "X games since a win" monkey off the lads backs and give us a bit of a positive to look forward to in the two week break to the next game.

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

Come on jgn1 don't make your parody too obvious, it stops the rest of your act being funny.

Absolutely no reason why we can’t go there and win. Good point against promotion chasing Solihull. The goals will come again. So why not against relegation threatened Havant? 

13 hours ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I’m going 4-0 Shaymen. Easy win to get us back on track before we beat Morecambe in the FA Cup

Is what you're on available online or is it prescription only? :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Positivity is free Mr Bentos. It’s all about mindset. 

Tell that the players rather than us! We're just the folk who rock up week in and week out hoping to be entertained!

I think even the most ardent pessimist on this board goes to games thinking there is a chance we will actually score goals and possibly win. Having written that, I'm guessing the most pessimistic on this board haven't bothered The Shay in a while! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

Tell that the players rather than us! We're just the folk who rock up week in and week out hoping to be entertained!

I think even the most ardent pessimist on this board goes to games thinking there is a chance we will actually score goals and possibly win. Having written that, I'm guessing the most pessimistic on this board haven't bothered The Shay in a while! 

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town/fc-halifax-town-kosylo-optimistic-town-s-next-league-win-isn-t-far-away-1-9424240

It's been 12 games since we've won in the league, we haven't won away since the opening game of the season, our target man hasn't scored since mid-August, Havant have better form than us and scored seven the other day, their pitch is notorious, and we rarely even get four shots on target. Maybe it is ripe for us to win 4-0 then.

• Like 1

Hopefully keep a clean sheet and our average of 1 goal per game will come to the fore ( Played 18, scored 18). mind you they have scored 24 goals this season, although, admittedly,7 in 1 game

Using simple maths it’s possible to work out:

Maidenhead beat us 3-0 in about 27 minutes.

Havant & Waterlooville lost 7-0 to Maidenhead having only been 1-0 down after 26 minutes 

If we’re not 17-2 up by the 70th minute, i’ll be saying something on here later!  

• Like 1