Sign in to follow this  
Bubba

The future of HTST

22 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Either that or approach the BOD with  desire to purchase in exchange for donation of said capital 1000 U16 season tickets for the next 5 years to be given away free in rotation to local schoolkids

fantastic idea 

23 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Either that or approach the BOD with  desire to purchase in exchange for donation of said capital 1000 U16 season tickets for the next 5 years to be given away free in rotation to local schoolkids

This idea could make Calderdale the truancy capital as kids try to avoid receiving them

• Like 2

Its a difficult situation. HTST has been pushed aside by the BoD and currently has no role, it must be very difficult for those involved to maintain a dormant Trust. For instance, how up to date is the membership list. I'm not sure if I'm still a member, I think I should be, but have moved house and haven't informed the Trust so wouldn't receive any correspondence etc. And the longer it stays dormant the more inaccurate the membership list will be.

Personally there is no way this current board should receive that money, it should not purchase match tickets nor fund infrastructure projects that would appear as assets on the club balance sheet. As I have said the BoD pushed the Trust aside, failed to complete the old clubs CVA after convincing trust members to donate their shareholding to them, the current new club belongs 100% to them. Donating money to the club is in effect donating money to them.

The money needs to be held onto somehow, no-one knows when they will leave and the next crisis will loom.

• Like 2

How about using some of the money on our existing fan base on things like away travel, or maybe hosting a Xmas Day for kids with Freddy/Santa etc...

Things that won't actually give our current owners money or an increase in takings, however something that gives back to our fans to connect them to the club?

I'm not a lover of the BoD particularly their communication with fans, however i am a fan of their business acumen and the way they have managed the finances of FC Halifax since reformation.

Fan owned clubs have a mixed history and although those involved in the HTST had the best of intentions and motivations , i am not sure the financial stability of the last few years would have been the same.

As a member of the HTST i think the money should not just be donated to the club, but should be used for a lasting reminder of the trust and its objectives.

A scoreboard would be great, but is there enough for something better than the one HRL use. It would need to be comparable to some of the digital ones that allow advertising and must be big enough to be actually seen from all sides of thr ground.

Alternatively ask for matched funding from BOD as a gift rather than directors loan to double the impact? Still think my idea of paying for kids season tickets would be the best long term legacy, assuming we can get through any safeguarding concerns!

The BOD got lucky with the money for Vardy and Gregory. Without that we wouldn't be where we are now. The time will come when it has all been frittered away. Will the BOD then subsidise the club to stay at this level or let the club drift back down the leagues?

I have never been a fan of the Supporters Club simply giving a lump of money every season which has simply gone into a black hole. I tend to think people should start looking further ahead and what could eventually happen when the current directors leave the club, albeit debt free but probably no assets as well.

I know the above is a worst case scenario on where the club could be when the directors leave but they are not life long supporters and never will be and there is no safety net when they eventually go.

What the answer is I do not know but I don't think donating another lump of money to the club is.

• Like 3

Think the BoD may have grown some attachment in their 10+ years, what's the qualifying period for a life long supporter ? Regardless of this, the money shouldn't go directly or indirectly to funding the BoD and something lasting and independent like a scoreboard may be the best option

Edited by Wilder Bollox

11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Think the BoD may have grown some attachment in their 10+ years, what's the qualifying period for a life long supporter ? Regardless of this, the money shouldn't go directly or indirectly to funding the BoD and something lasting and independent like a scoreboard may be the best option

Only to the money..

2 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

a full set of decent pitch covers would be money well spent.

Well its better than a scoreboard. Who on earth has lost track of the score at a football match? 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-1. Come on its not rugby league we don't need a scoreboard.

23 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Well its better than a scoreboard. Who on earth has lost track of the score at a football match? 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, 1-1, 2-1. Come on its not rugby league we don't need a scoreboard.

On several occasions I've lost the will to live at a football match, pass me that security blanket !

15 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

a full set of decent pitch covers would be money well spent.

Down to the landlord to finance. The kids season tickets or something similar much better option.

The landlord is never going to supply the covers. Heard some time ago that DB agreed to purchase them but the money never materialised. Every postponed game loses the club money putting more pressure on finances. I do agree though that money towards kids tickets is a good idea.

Like the idea of a an annual fund to make it free for under 12s 

i for one would contribute 

building life ling supporters should be our aim 

U12 fee admission sponsored by the supporters trust 

its frequently said managers players BOD all come and go 

the only constant is the supporters it’s as much our job to encourage people to support our club as it is any other part of the club 

• Like 2

So back to bubbas original question 

any volunteers to take over the running of the trust 

bubba can you explain what that would mean doing 

how many people need 

what are the rules etc

Nick 

• Like 2