Sign in to follow this  
Derbyshayman

Poor from top to bottom

The problem with having directors who know little or nothing about football is that they sign managers who are the same who then sign players who can't play. Staring relegation the the face and signs from the squad is that all is not well

12 minutes ago, Derbyshayman said:

The problem with having directors who know little or nothing about football is that they sign managers who are the same who then sign players who can't play. Staring relegation the the face and signs from the squad is that all is not well

Really, wow.

2 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

It's not about knowing nothing about football. I don't think that's fair. But it is a case of all mouth, no action when it comes to their tiresome talk of ambition.

Any man and his dog can see that to have real 'ambition' requires a full time team plus investment in either the team or the community to bring fans in to boost the coffers. Preferably both. The BOD have done neither. They have gone full time but have placed the financial burden back on the same 1200 loyal fans. We're shopping at Primark with managers, coaches, scouts, players etc. We're going nowhere fast.

Cass realistic investment based on generated revenue yes, anything else then its a no from me.

4 minutes ago, chadders said:

Cass realistic investment based on generated revenue yes, anything else then its a no from me.

Got to chance our arm sometime though or else we will go stale in this awful league. I dont mean splash money around stupidly like the old club did but sometimes take a chance, speculate to accumulate 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chadders said:

Why, mate? Investment isn't the same as overspending. 

Edited by never_shay_die

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Got to chance our arm sometime though or else we will go stale in this awful league. I dont mean splash money around stupidly like the old club did but sometimes take a chance, speculate to accumulate 

Now where the hell is that next Vardy????

Much more should have been done with the cash generated from being a big fish in the little leagues, the Vardy cash, the FA Trophy win, the TV cash, etc. Its been used piecemeal rather than with any effect. Should have been full time ages ago. 

• Like 2

Can't invest what you don't have or can't generate

6 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

6 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Should have been full time ages ago. 

Success this season will dictate whether we are full time next footballing year. 

1 hour ago, Flea said:

No, much more should have been done when we were smashing dog and duck week in week out in the Evo Stik. 

An open goal to hook a generation of fans with a feeling of winning and hope and the club did sod all to engage the local community, to get kids in the ground or to woo back the fans from the old club. Now the club are closing the door now the horse has bolted and asking why we dont back them enough.

The BoD had the best chance any board has ever had to reinvent and grow this clubs fan base and quite simply ignored the fans. So if we have a shortfall now maybe the directors should look at why that is and consider if funding the gap caused by their inactivity is worth it.

I've been saying that for years flea, from the very start almost, only for everyone to shout me down as a bitter plan b proponent. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Can't invest what you don't have or can't generate

I agree. Which was my point. If the BOD had the ambition they so often claim to have, they would either have:

a) Made a huge, concerted, intelligent effort to invest time/resources in the community over the last 10 years in order to improve community links, bring fans in and ultimately improve revenue, which would in turn have improved the money available for the playing budget, manager, back room staff etc (echoing the sentiments of Hoddie and Flea above); and/or

b ) Invested a significant amount of their own funds into the club, it's infrastructure and even the playing/staff budget. Not as a loan, and commensurate with their ambition. 

They have done neither. Their talk of ambition is just hollow. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, never_shay_die said:

I agree. Which was my point. If the BOD had the ambition they so often claim to have, they would either have:

a) Made a huge, concerted, intelligent effort to invest time/resources in the community over the last 10 years in order to improve community links, bring fans in and ultimately improve revenue, which would in turn have improved the money available for the playing budget, manager, back room staff etc (echoing the sentiments of Hoddie and Flea above); and/or

b ) Invested a significant amount of their own funds into the club, it's infrastructure and even the playing/staff budget. Not as a loan, and commensurate with their ambition. 

Absolutely spot on.

All this club is, and ever will be to our directors is the 19th hole. 

If I had the same wealth as them, I would put my money where my mouth is, take over, and run this club better in my sleep.

Eventually the hangers on will wake up to the fact this board is way past it’s sell by date. 

So they’ve kept the club in the black. And that’s it basically. Every other aspect of the club has stagnated, in some cases gone backwards.

I just hope there’s some fresh blood out there willing to take over and run the show properly.

Our directors are clueless dinosaurs when it comes to running a football club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flea said:

No, much more should have been done when we were smashing dog and duck week in week out in the Evo Stik. 

An open goal to hook a generation of fans with a feeling of winning and hope and the club did sod all to engage the local community, to get kids in the ground or to woo back the fans from the old club. Now the club are closing the door now the horse has bolted and asking why we dont back them enough.

The BoD had the best chance any board has ever had to reinvent and grow this clubs fan base and quite simply ignored the fans. So if we have a shortfall now maybe the directors should look at why that is and consider if funding the gap caused by their inactivity is worth it.

Dam good post flea.

2 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

Can't argue with your first point but not sure I would want to go down the lines of your second. 

4 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

2 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

Absolutely spot on.

All this club is, and ever will be to our directors is the 19th hole. 

If I had the same wealth as them, I would put my money where my mouth is, take over, and run this club better in my sleep.

Eventually the hangers on will wake up to the fact this board is way past it’s sell by date. 

So they’ve kept the club in the black. And that’s it basically. Every other aspect of the club has stagnated, in some cases gone backwards.

I just hope there’s some fresh blood out there willing to take over and run the show properly.

Our directors are clueless dinosaurs when it comes to running a football club.

You have the opportunity to have the same wealth as them. Go out and take a chance