Sign in to follow this  
awaydays

Relegation form

27 minutes ago, awaydays said:

So 1 win in 5. A worse points total than Billy Heath at the same point last season too.

Is it just me or does anyone else think JF has wasted our season ticket money on a few donkeys?

Played 11, watched 11 and I still think last season’s part time time would beat this full time team.  

Does anyone else with a similar record disagree?

Attending all eleven games is all well and good but personally I would prefer to wait for TNV and the definitive review on our games to date....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

O.K. Awaydays, money where mouth is time, I have 50€ says we will not get relegated, do you want a bet?

Who mentioned the team getting relegated?

i know it’s complicated but 2 an average of points per game is regarded as promotion form, 1 point per game is relegation form.

The calculation comes form multiplying the number of games in a season (46) by 1 point. That would earn you 46 points in a season where 50 is regarded as safe. We call this relegation form.

If you apply the same complicated maths to the last 5 games, 1 win, 3 draws and 1 defeat that gives you 6 points from 5 games.That means you have an average of 1.2 points per game or 55 points in the season.

However if you only count the last 4 games, it’s an average of .75 points per game or 35 points per season.

Please let me know if you require any more help with basic maths.

3 minutes ago, awaydays said:

i know it’s complicated but 2 an average of points per game is regarded as promotion form, 1 point per game is relegation form.

The calculation comes form multiplying the number of games in a season (46) by 1 point. That would earn you 46 points in a season where 50 is regarded as safe. We call this relegation form.

If you apply the same complicated maths to the last 5 games, 1 win, 3 draws and 1 defeat that gives you 6 points from 5 games.That means you have an average of 1.2 points per game or 55 points in the season.

However if you only count the last 4 games, it’s an average of .75 points per game or 35 points per season.

How many games count as "form"? 4,6,10, 15????

1 hour ago, awaydays said:

And if you take into account our whole season so far we have an average of 1.6 points per game which would see us get 75 points over the course of 46 games. That would see us comfortably in the playoffs. The only reason you used the last 4 games is because it fits your narrative.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, awaydays said:

Awaydays .. basic maths aside .. what about the ‘form’ of the 11 teams below Town? Is everyone getting relegated ?  

11 minutes ago, Scot said:

Awaydays .. basic maths aside .. what about the ‘form’ of the 11 teams below Town? Is everyone getting relegated ?  

Scot, I don’t know which team you support, if any. By that I mean which team you you spend your hard earned cash on?

I appreciate you trust and support JF but I’ve got to say some of the games have seen a complete mystery to me and those around me.

I’m not a qualified football coach, (but have a sports qualification in another sport), I’m really beginning to question the ability of JF to recognise when something isn’t working and also his judgment to spot of the ability of others.

I pay to watch this team and have watched a good few thousand games over the years. 

Please give us the respect we deserve to be able to contrast the quality of one team to another.

I’m not moaning, just giving an honest opinion having watched every game this season.

26 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Think it's more a case of zigging and zagging with Fullarton, maybe trying a bit too hard to not look a dick . The pressure of the Shay massive expectations ?

Zig and Zag. Now there’s a blast from the past 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awaydays said:

Scot, I don’t know which team you support, if any. By that I mean which team you you spend your hard earned cash on?

I appreciate you trust and support JF but I’ve got to say some of the games have seen a complete mystery to me and those around me.

I’m not a qualified football coach, (but have a sports qualification in another sport), I’m really beginning to question the ability of JF to recognise when something isn’t working and also his judgment to spot of the ability of others.

I pay to watch this team and have watched a good few thousand games over the years. 

Please give us the respect we deserve to be able to contrast the quality of one team to another.

I’m not moaning, just giving an honest opinion having watched every game this season.

Away days .. I absolutely respect your opinion but you have been mentioning the word relegation since pre season .. that isn’t just ‘informed’ that’s inherintly negative 

I don’t support a club team (various reasons) but as a Scotland fan I’m well aware what it means to have zero expectation and accept that we’re s**t.

You clearly watch every game and it’s your right to comment as you see fit .. I’m merely pointing out that there are 11 teams below town .. the manager won manager of the month and yet you are still talking about relegation form? I just worry that you’ll never be content

I think you need to understand where the club are competing in terms of finance against other teams and realise that actually they are punching well above their weight .. or maybe you do 

im not for one second saying not to be critical ..  but you do seem overly negative .. just an observation 

Edited by Scot

12 hours ago, awaydays said:

I am willing bet I am better at maths than you young man, you keep going on about bad form and implying FCHT are in relegation form so I am giving you the opportunity to put you money where your mouth is. Yes or no?

Have you got the courage of your convictions?

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

This thread comes across like when folk mix up the weather with the climate. You can't judge our current form with the season as a whole. Let's get behind the team and only start to worry if we're in the brown stuff at Christmas. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Scot said:

Away days .. I absolutely respect your opinion but you have been mentioning the word relegation since pre season .. that isn’t just ‘informed’ that’s inherintly negative 

I don’t support a club team (various reasons) but as a Scotland fan I’m well aware what it means to have zero expectation and accept that we’re s**t.

You clearly watch every game and it’s your right to comment as you see fit .. I’m merely pointing out that there are 11 teams below town .. the manager won manager of the month and yet you are still talking about relegation form? I just worry that you’ll never be content

I think you need to understand where the club are competing in terms of finance against other teams and realise that actually they are punching well above their weight .. or maybe you do 

im not for one second saying not to be critical ..  but you do seem overly negative .. just an observation 

As I said earlier, a pessimist is a well informed optimist.

23 hours ago, awaydays said:

So 1 win in 5. A worse points total than Billy Heath at the same point last season too.

Is it just me or does anyone else think JF has wasted our season ticket money on a few donkeys?

Played 11, watched 11 and I still think last season’s part time time would beat this full time team.  

Does anyone else with a similar record disagree?

I disagree that last seasons team would beat this seasons.

However if Billy Heath had these current players I think we would be doing better. I feel Heath is able to get more out of players and is a better coach and tactician than Fullarton.

(Also 11 from 11 games watched) 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, awaydays said:

As I said earlier, a pessimist is a well informed optimist.

Well informed ? You said they’d have 4 points after 5 games ......

thats not well informed ..  that’s negative ;)

1 hour ago, Flea said:

I disagree that last seasons team would beat this seasons.

However if Billy Heath had these current players I think we would be doing better. I feel Heath is able to get more out of players and is a better coach and tactician than Fullarton.

(Also 11 from 11 games watched) 

So why did the fans say Heath played ‘hoofball’ then ? 

20 minutes ago, Scot said:

So why did the fans say Heath played ‘hoofball’ then ? 

Because he did. No denying we are playing more attractive stuff under Fullerton as under Heath it was awful to watch at times.

Difference is Heath got a lot out of average (or as some would have you believe, terrible) players. 

How many of the players signed by JF this season look a cut above and able to win or change games? The answer to that is none. Our best player is still Kosylo and when you consider we went from a relegation battling part time team to a full time outfit this season the question is how can it be that none of the players JF has signed, who are full time professionals, get near Kossy? 

Eleven games into having 100% his own players this season and JF has failed EVERY time he has gone to make a change or a sub. These are his players that he has brought in that he cant get to do it. Where else do you put the blame?

Edited by Flea

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

Because he did. No denying we are playing more attractive stuff under Fullerton as under Heath it was awful to watch at times.

Difference is Heath got a lot out of average (or as some would have you believe, terrible) players. 

How many of the players signed by JF this season look a cut above and able to win or change games? The answer to that is none. Our best player is still Kosylo and when you consider we went from a relegation battling part time team to a full time outfit this season the question is how can it be that none of the players JF has signed, who are full time professionals, get near Kossy? 

Eleven games into having 100% his own players this season and JF has failed EVERY time he has gone to make a change or a sub. These are his players that he has brought in that he cant get to do it. Where else do you put the blame?

Really think that Southwell is a very good player. Well definitely at the home games anyway. 

• Like 1