Sign in to follow this  
awaydays

Relegation form

Is it just me or have we only won 5 points out of the last 12?

Lose at home at the weekend and god knows what will happen on here.

JF looked to genuinely appreciate the Town fans last night too. 

played 9, watched 9

Edited by awaydays
Speeling

20 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

It is just you. 5 from the last 9.

Only 5 from 12 though, what's he playing at? :D Some easier games on paper coming up though, aside from Hartlepool and Fylde, which are both home games, and Solihull away we play Maidenhead, Bromley, Aldershot, Chesterfield, Eastleigh, H&W and Dover, all of whom are currently in the bottom half. Is it too much to say we should be looking at 25 points or so from those 10 games?

Edited by riccardo259

Lets just take each game as they come. Orient haven't lost yet and should be a good test. We have a 100% win record at home and have no reason to doubt ourselves that we can get a result.

I suspect that all JF cares about and is thinking about is Saturday's game at this point. 

11 hours ago, awaydays said:

Is it just me or have we only won 5 points out of the last 12?

Lose at home at the weekend and god knows what will happen on here.

JF looked to genuinely appreciate the Town fans last night too. 

played 9, watched 9

Can I just point out, that even if you were correct, and it was 5 from 12. That would be a return of 41.67% points wise. With 138 available over the course of a season, a continued return of 41.67% would bring in 57 points (rounding down). In each of the last 3 seasons, that figure would have more than kept a team up - indeed, it's more than we got last season when we finished lower mid table.

So not only is your stat wrong, as has been pointed out by others - even if correct, it would be nonsense.

As you were.

• Like 3

Interesting after 9 games of which five were  away from home  

salford sutton wrexham and borehamwood away, all likely to be contenders we are fourth two points off the top 

Think that is not a bad position to be in 

oreint will be a tough game 

hoping Maher is back in the starting 11 

nick 

11 minutes ago, shaymandownsouff said:

Haha, must be a wind up...

From what I’ve seen we’re a mid table side that could make the play offs with a fair wind.

Can’t complain with that at all and happy to be pleasantly surprised.

Not a wind up, I’m sure you’ll agree the performances are getting better game by game but the results have taken a dip recently.

It’s a tough game on Saturday, anything other than a win will see us dropping right down the Form Table.

Remember Billy Heath had a good start too.

48 minutes ago, awaydays said:

Not a wind up, I’m sure you’ll agree the performances are getting better game by game but the results have taken a dip recently.

It’s a tough game on Saturday, anything other than a win will see us dropping right down the Form Table.

Remember Billy Heath had a good start too.

We have played better teams, we have a few injured players and we've brought in a couple of newbie's. Despite this we are doing well.

No chance of relegation so chill Phil.

This is what relegation form looks like .............:o

26. Round    26/12/2017    15:00    A    Macclesfield Town    Macclesfield Town    1:2 (1:1)
27. Round    30/12/2017    15:00    A    Dover Athletic    Dover Athletic    0:0 (0:0)    
28. Round    01/01/2018    15:00    H    Macclesfield Town    Macclesfield Town    1:4 (0:1)    
29. Round    06/01/2018    15:00    A    Maidenhead United    Maidenhead United    0:0 (0:0)    
31. Round    27/01/2018    15:00    A    Bromley FC    Bromley FC    0:3 (0:0)    
30. Round    30/01/2018    19:45    H    Leyton Orient    Leyton Orient    1:2 (1:2)    
33. Round    10/02/2018    15:00    A    Wrexham FC    Wrexham FC    1:1 (1:1)    
34. Round    17/02/2018    15:00    H    Ebbsfleet United    Ebbsfleet United    1:2 (1:0)  

5 hours ago, Scot said:

'Relegation' and 'form' must be your two favourite words away days :)

Try this one 'perspective'

2 points from the top after 9 nine games with a small squad.... which has a current crocked list of around 5 players who you could argue , most of which would start.

Goals from all over the team and some well needed positivity around the shay.

Not shipping many goals at the other end ...and actually being gutted when they don't win games rather than being resigned to it when they lose.

;)

Agreed on the whole, however of the injured players i don't think any other than Tomlinson are dead certs to get back in. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Agreed on the whole, however of the injured players i don't think any other than Tomlinson are dead certs to get back in. 

Maher is only just back ... Staunton I think will be quality once he’s back and up to speed .... same with Odelusi 

you’re right to be fair as I think Hanson has been a good find so would most likely keep Duckworth out 

37 minutes ago, Scot said:

you’re right to be fair as I think Hanson has been a good find so would most likely keep Duckworth out 

We need to tie Hanson down for the season or bring in someone the second he goes as for me Duckworth isnt reliable enough (fitness wise) to have in the squad without cover.

When he plays he is good, however he tends to miss large chunks of each season. We cant afford to be going light in a key area.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scot said:

'Relegation' and 'form' must be your two favourite words away days :)

Try this one 'perspective'

2 points from the top after 9 nine games with a small squad.... which has a current crocked list of around 5 players who you could argue , most of which would start.

Goals from all over the team and some well needed positivity around the shay.

Not shipping many goals at the other end ...and actually being gutted when they don't win games rather than being resigned to it when they lose.

;)

I think you missed the part where I said performances were improving?

Mathematically our results have got worse recently too.

Things are improving but it’s points that matter; I’m sure someone told me that after the first few wins when we’re weren’t playing well.

Again, anyone else watched all 9 games disagree?

3 points out of the last 9 now.

Orient totally dominated the first half, more even 2nd half. We were lucky to escape with a draw but survived with a solid defence.

Nine points from seven games since Lenighan came in. Comfortable lower-mid-table across the season with a pretty tough run of games. We need a win at Maidstonehead next weekend but I'd argue that despite lacking some game management in the final minutes and a makeshift, deficient midfield, we've got most things spot on.

27 minutes ago, awaydays said:

Orient totally dominated the first half, more even 2nd half. We were lucky to escape with a draw but survived with a solid defence.

But in those 3 games we’ve also taken 6 points off our direct rivals. Not a fantastic haul, but given 2 away games not terrible. 5 would be good, but 3 not terrible.

over the last 10 games we’ve got he 5th best form in the league, carry that on for another 10 I’ll be happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awaydays said:

We went 1-0 up - they weren't quite as good. Took a deflection to their lad who couldn't miss for them to draw with us 

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

9 out of 21 ? Shows how tight this league is going to be

4 points off top

5th place

Draws against 2nd place, 4th place and 3rd place sides in 7 days.

5 clean sheets

Oh and manager of the month for August.

Yeah we are doing appallingly. Bring back Heath.

Ffs

• Like 4