Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scot

JF Barrow interview

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town/fc-halifax-town-2-0-barrow-i-m-pleased-with-the-start-but-we-re-not-there-yet-says-fullarton-1-9289997

Good start but at least JF isn't getting carried away here ...I think everyone's observations from last night shows that its a work in progress.... but playing below par and still winning 2-0 is a positive.

A win on Saturday will be  massive for confidence ....as we say in Scotland ...they now need 'honners'....(More players) :D

But regardless , its a good start and its good to see everyone happy

Extremely impressed with everything he says in that interview. Obviously has the right temperament, footballing ethos and work ethic to do well. Quietly excited for this season!

The quality in this league is poor. We just need to be less poor than the majority. 

Two wins from two, can't ask for much more than that. We arent playing like Barca, but we don't need to. 

4 minutes ago, Flea said:

The quality in this league is poor. We just need to be less poor than the majority. 

Two wins from two, can't ask for much more than that. We arent playing like Barca, but we don't need to. 

Real Ale Madrid? Trevs's beer goggles included.

38 minutes ago, Granty said:

Extremely impressed with everything he says in that interview. Obviously has the right temperament, footballing ethos and work ethic to do well. Quietly excited for this season!

Comes across as the perfect manager for the full time model we now have

Good article, but frustrating that the Courier website provides me with an unavoidable pop up on my phone, telling me I’ve ‘won a rare chance to test the new iPhone being released next year’. I couldn’t then escape from this without closing the page and reloading it again, making actually getting to the article challenging. Obviously fake and will only deter people from reading the Courier online, so why are they allowing it on their website?

8 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Obviously fake and will only deter people from reading the Courier online, so why are they allowing it on their website?

The iphone prompt or the "reporting"? 

Always comes up with a pop up message saying that I've reached my limit so I can never read any of the articles unless I register which I don't plan on doing

6 hours ago, AJS said:

Always comes up with a pop up message saying that I've reached my limit so I can never read any of the articles unless I register which I don't plan on doing

Me too but I´ve registered 4 times and still cannot read the article.

11 hours ago, AJS said:

I tried to register but it won't accept my postcode.  Not bothered since.

JF's interviews have been less psychedelic of late. Although I still don't know what the 'duck scenario' is! For me, as long as we keep winning, he can be as random as he wants!

3 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

JF's interviews have been less psychedelic of late. Although I still don't know what the 'duck scenario' is! For me, as long as we keep winning, he can be as random as he wants!

The duck scenario is that all seems calm and serene on the surface but underneath it is working away like mad.

2 minutes ago, townmad said:

The duck scenario is that all seems calm and serene on the surface but underneath it is working away like mad.

Thanks. He's referring to a comment he made in a previous interview. I need to keep up. Maybe I should be taking notes. 

2 hours ago, andrich said:

At least the Courier has an interview. None on club website yet

They seem to have slipped a bit lately. I wonder if there's some of the team on holiday or maybe ill.

When we are competing with the moneybags clubs and parachute payments, there is the chance that JF will be judged on his success in the transfer market buying and selling for profit or the bringing through of youth (again to sell on). There is obviously the chance we could do a Macclesfield and go up on a shoestring but those events are once in a blue moon. DB is blunt enough to admit that our fanbase won't cover outgoings alone to sustain a promotion chasing squad.

JF has made a big thing of believing in promoting youth, would be nice to see those plans come to fruition.

18 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

They seem to have slipped a bit lately. I wonder if there's some of the team on holiday or maybe ill.

Always difficult this time of year as the students don't return to Uni till September and also try and grab family holidays too. Kelly does a Stirling Albion of a job with the resources available and even had to coopt me onto the media team to help / hinder down at Braintree. I have always admired and respected what they do as volunteers and despite my friendly Micky taking having experienced the conditions and facilities at some venues they provide the best  service they can under the circumstances.

4 hours ago, chadders said:

Always difficult this time of year as the students don't return to Uni till September and also try and grab family holidays too. Kelly does a Stirling Albion of a job with the resources available and even had to coopt me onto the media team to help / hinder down at Braintree. I have always admired and respected what they do as volunteers and despite my friendly Micky taking having experienced the conditions and facilities at some venues they provide the best  service they can under the circumstances.

Well done for helping them out but please no joke telling.

16 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Well done for helping them out but please no joke telling.

he's too busy auditioning for a new replacement role, "to me,to you,Chadders to that"

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

he's too busy auditioning for a new replacement role, "to me,to you,Chadders to that"

He didn't get the job. When the Chuckle Brother said to you, Chadders kept saying I agree.