Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Entertainer

"Three points will trigger different mind-set"

Well after all the pre season friendlies, are we really prepared to accept this gobbledegook from our manager ( see heading). A couple more wins from a settled team may have generated a more positive attitude for the season to come. Anyway as said before , I wish the team all the best for the coming season.

If we haven't got the right mind-set at the moment, who is to blame for that? 

JF has had 3 months over the summer to get the players he wanted in and to build a team and bond. 

If we have the wrong mind-set now then I really am worried. 

Just now, The Entertainer said:

Well after all the pre season friendlies, are we really prepared to accept this gobbledegook from our manager ( see heading). A couple more wins from a settled team may have generated a more positive attitude for the season to come. Anyway as said before , I wish the team all the best for the coming season.

JF speak how he speaks ....talking to the press and media is a skill like every other skill and everyone is different I guess.

At the end of the day he's still a young manager and first and foremost , football is the priority.

I think you're right that these things are always the opportunity for the manager to engage the fans and JF,  by his own admission can be intense and focused and sometimes he repeats his mantra because he knows what he wants.

Maybe over a period of time he will feel more at ease ...but I think what he's saying is that if they win on Saturday ( and I think they will), then the players will focus on the next three points and be positive as these games are the ones that actually matter.

And he's not just talking about the club and players ...he means the fans too ...you just need to look on here ?

3 points and a good win will trigger some well deserved positivity !!  at least until Tuesday !

3 minutes ago, Flea said:

If we haven't got the right mind-set at the moment, who is to blame for that? 

JF has had 3 months over the summer to get the players he wanted in and to build a team and bond. 

If we have the wrong mind-set now then I really am worried. 

Couldn't agree more with your comments, I hope I am wrong but I have grave concerns about the coming season.

I'm sure it'll be better than the first game of last season. I had a round trip of over 400 miles to see us set out not to lose at home to Aldershot, with the inevitable consequences. I like JFK and believe we'll have a much improved season on last year. Braintree is  a tough place to take anything away from, but I'm optimistic we'll be smiling at 5pm on Saturday. 

Hi Ho Shaymen, Shaymen Hi Ho.

9 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

I'm sure it'll be better than the first game of last season. I had a round trip of over 400 miles to see us set out not to lose at home to Aldershot, with the inevitable consequences. I like JFK and believe we'll have a much improved season on last year. Braintree is  a tough place to take anything away from, but I'm optimistic we'll be smiling at 5pm on Saturday. 

Yep round trip from Oslo to see us lose to a more skillful Aldershot working to a game plan 

this year not making the trip, walking in the mountains of Rondane Nation Park 

just hope there is a good mobile connection

:) 

10 hours ago, Richmond96 said:

Likening him to Kennedy doesn't bode well for the outcome....:lol: