Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richmond96

How many going to Braintree? I predict 125.

I'm really looking forward to the first game of the Season. I know preseason hasn't been great but i just don't think it matters. We'll know a lot more by close of play on Saturday. I'm optimistic we can outperform the bookies expectations and believe we are good outsiders to make the playoffs. The obvious challengers should be Salford, Wrexham, Barnet and Fylde but we have a great manager who needs to prove himself before moving on and a sensible board who have clearly put their hands in their pockets this Season. Onwards and upwards. Hope we have a good turnout on Saturday. Braintree is never going to be anything but a battle but i'm expecting us to hit the ground running.

5 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

and a sensible board who have clearly put their hands in their pockets 

Yes, i mean, look at the quality in depth squad we have assembled.

I'll be there ...well.... I'll be at the dining room table in Glasgow with my laptop on max volume and will be pacing up and down....if that counts?

Come on !!!

2 minutes ago, Scot said:

I'll be there ...well.... I'll be at the dining room table in Glasgow with my laptop on max volume and will be pacing up and down....if that counts?

Come on !!!

The Norweigian Viking would say that is better than being there! Cant wait for your player ratings!

Just now, Flea said:

The Norweigian Viking would say that is better than being there! Cant wait for your player ratings!

That will be based purely on the commentary ...so don't hold your breath .....

Can’t make it unfortunately as I’m coming back from holiday on the day of the game. Will be following on twitter nervously. Hope we can make a good start to the season in August. Think we have to be aiming for at least 11 points from the first 7 games, preferably more. Some very winnable games indeed.

32 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

I'm really looking forward to the first game of the Season. I know preseason hasn't been great but i just don't think it matters. We'll know a lot more by close of play on Saturday. I'm optimistic we can outperform the bookies expectations and believe we are good outsiders to make the playoffs. The obvious challengers should be Salford, Wrexham, Barnet and Fylde but we have a great manager who needs to prove himself before moving on and a sensible board who have clearly put their hands in their pockets this Season. Onwards and upwards. Hope we have a good turnout on Saturday. Braintree is never going to be anything but a battle but i'm expecting us to hit the ground running.

The day Mr B puts his hand deep in his pocket is simply an indication to buy gloves

5 minutes ago, Scot said:

That will be based purely on the commentary ...so don't hold your breath .....

Should be enough to give us an individual player rating score to .1 out of ten then :) 

Two from Suffolk only return trip of 150 miles as opposed to 400 to the Shay.

come on Town let’s get 3points

34 minutes ago, Richmond96 said:

and a sensible board who have clearly put their hands in their pockets this Season. 

Is it April 1st already? My, this season has flown by.

I’m at a wedding Saturday, Liverpool v Torino Tuesday, working next Saturday.

Desperately thinking of an excuse to avoid seeing Salford tearing us a new one on the 14th.

I’ll have to check my diary, but I’m pretty certain I’ll be washing my hair, for the next 9 months.

22 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Can you drive a coach?

I’ll give it a go! Park it infront of the goal, yeah?

I’ll be there! Day 2 of being 61!

50 years a Shaymen! (Do I get to meet the queen?) hoping for a surprising performance and result! COME ON! 

Wishing everyone a happy and successful season let’s get back into the league! 

Used to love an away day 1st game no matter where it was but wont be attending Saturday, not really looking forward to this season. Hopefully we hit the ground running and the excitement comes back

1 hour ago, halifaxmark said:

Used to love an away day 1st game no matter where it was but wont be attending Saturday, not really looking forward to this season. Hopefully we hit the ground running and the excitement comes back

Yes after 40 years of following I too only go when I look foward to a game or a season. I just keep wishing we would stop being generally sh1t.

If there is a coach going then I might try and go at a push.

Lost out on a lot of work this past month due to both lads I work for being incapacitated so money istight at the moment ffs!! But that's life I supose! 

Paid my season ticket off do happy days. 

We'll take 60-70 down there.

Cant see the coach running if I am being perfectly honest. Less than a week before kick off and its only just been announced and at £32 a seat I can't see many takers. 

10 hours ago, PeterPan said:

I’ll be there! Day 2 of being 61!

50 years a Shaymen! (Do I get to meet the queen?) hoping for a surprising performance and result! COME ON! 

Wishing everyone a happy and successful season let’s get back into the league! 

Depends if Barnsey turns up..B)