Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHAY man

Boston Thread

Will be an interesting last pre season game before the start of the big season. Will be in treating to see what JF will bring to the the table !

44 minutes ago, Forever a Shayman said:

Looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow forecast is for torrential rain falling on a rock hard pitch ,It should make playing conditions very interesting.

It doubt it will be hard, probably had sprinklers on all summer.

Hearing from somebody already at the ground that they have just seen Michael Duckworth. Fantastic news if true

If we could keep duckworth fit he’d be the best right back in the league. Would be given license to get forward as well under Fullarton which is the best part of his game. Don’t think we saw the best of him last season as when he did play under heath he was stifled and forced to stay back instead of overlapping. Under Fullarton he looked a lot better but was still slightly unfit. Get him a run of games and he’ll be class I’m sure. If we get Duckworth back and get a centre mid I’ll start to get very confiedent of a successful season.

FCHTONLINE@FCHTONLINE

TEAM NEWS: 1 Sam Johnson, 17 Trialist, 20 Trialist, 4 Trialist, 5 Matty Brown (c), 15 Niall Maher, 8 Josh Staunton, 14 Ben Tomlinson, 18 Jordan Preston, 22 Mekhi McLeod, 24 Dayle SouthwellSubs: Rowley, Sellars, King, Trialist, Kosylo, Trialist, Trialist

Johnson,Trialist,Trialist,Trialist, Matty Brown,Maher,Staunton, Tomlinson,Preston, McCloud,Southwell.

Subs, Rowley,Sellars,King,Kossy,Trialist,Trialist,Trialist.

Just now, TheNorwegianViking said:

I'm a bit out of tune and haven't followed the pre-season as closely as normal. Who is Trialist nb. 17 and 20? Clarke is nb.4?

17 is Duckworth and 20 is Hanley I believe 

2 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

6 trialists today, would like to know when we are going to have the final squad...

The 6 trialists are:

duckworth, Hanley, Clarke, Edwards, this Harry kid and Cham from the youth team. No idea why Cham is being named as a trialist. I’m pretty sure they’ve all signed so wouldn’t worry about us not having a final squad. Think it’s just a matter of the club not announcing them until the 1st of August 

1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

Edwards is 19, and a Black triallist who played a midfield role in the first couple of pre season games seems to have returned.

Cham hasn’t come on in any of the games 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Cham hasn’t come on in any of the games 

There was a black player who started the first half of the Stockport game in the midfield and it looks like the same player. Have no idea if that’s Cham or not. No Odelusi or Hanson in squad today by looks of it.

17 minutes ago, Benfcht said:

The 6 trialists are:

duckworth, Hanley, Clarke, Edwards, this Harry kid and Cham from the youth team. No idea why Cham is being named as a trialist. I’m pretty sure they’ve all signed so wouldn’t worry about us not having a final squad. Think it’s just a matter of the club not announcing them until the 1st of August 

Fingers crossed, eh. I know the club wouldn’t let themselves get into the position where they’ve not got enough players to start the season, but it’s still a bit unnerving that with a week to go the squad still has 6 ‘trialists’ (even if they have already signed).

So duckworth was with us last year but we can't announce him because we might get ourselves into trouble for announcing him at risk of a last payment from a former club us not being met. Makes a load of sense that. 

Well we are a mysterious club aren’t we. Does anyone know which formation we’ve been playing? Staunton and Maher central midfield? Like a throwback to the Aspin days of converted defenders in midfield. Do we have a Michael Collins type midfielder?