Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Erik Everhard

Not Excited.

Normally around this time of pre season I am excited and can't wait for the season to start. However, at the moment, I am not feeling it at all. I am hoping that it will change sometime next week and I start to feel the pre match tension and butterflies in my stomach.

Is there anyone else that feels the same as me at the moment or are other fans excited?

No

I'm excited to see the players & manager in more meaningful games. JF has said he wants an attacking team and i think his 4-2-3-1 facilitates an attacking approach. Lets see where it takes us. 

I think because the world cup was a good one and England did well the football season has somewhat sneaked up on people. We are just over a week away from the first game but for me it feels very much like the start of pre season. 

18 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

I think because the world cup was a good one and England did well the football season has somewhat sneaked up on people. We are just over a week away from the first game but for me it feels very much like the start of pre season. 

And we're probably 5 weeks behind where the squad finalisations should be.

Lots of hypothetical questions could be asked about recruitment thus far....

Has JF not got too many contacts/good enough scouting network

Is JF hand forced by lack of funds

Is JF not willing to accept any old player and will wait for quality over quantity???

Still confident we are going to do well and yes excited about the season ahead

15 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

And we're probably 5 weeks behind where the squad finalisations should be.

I don't think we are. We have basically had the same squad playing in all pre season games. We need 2/3 additions and maybe they will happen over the next week. 

7 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Is JF not willing to accept any old player and will wait for quality over quantity???

Think the points highlighted will be the issue. Some of the players that have signed for us under Fullarton have said it was down to him that they signed so I don't question his contacts, especially considering his playing career too. The issues more than likely will be that he wants quality players but he's having to do it on the cheap which is pretty much impossible

It seems to have come round quick this summer, probably due to the WC.

I'm a mixture of looking forward to it and also having a bit of concern, as I don't feel we have a squad currently built that is up to speed. Other teams look to be that little bit more settled than us at the moment. 

I'm just hoping we can get off to a good start and get a bit of momentum building, as a slow start could see a lot of complaints from the fans and a toxic atmosphere. 

I already feel that JF has been given more of an easy ride than Heath for example, who I feel would have been given so much stick and abuse had he be going into the last pre-season game with several trialists and several positions still needing cover.

Just now, eddies mate said:

Nice one.I was struggling to find something with less appeal than Braintree..:P

Skelmersdale says hello. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

Normally around this time of pre season I am excited and can't wait for the season to start. However, at the moment, I am not feeling it at all. I am hoping that it will change sometime next week and I start to feel the pre match tension and butterflies in my stomach.

Is there anyone else that feels the same as me at the moment or are other fans excited?

At the start of every season I'm excited & very optimistic,the way I feel rite now-it could be the rugby season starting next week,maybe it will change & I'll go down to Braintree,but rite now-no enthusiasm at all

I don’t think DBs body language came across very positively in the interview he looks a very worried man to me,I am getting a season ticket next week I think the one thing we have always got wrong is that standing up should be a cheaper option for fans £18 to stand and £20 to sit down .

Overall not concerned 

the same group of players together now for a month plus of full time training 

would be happier if all were contracted so we could say who they are 

pleased to see no last minute panicking of signing squad players

JF has a plan and is following it, certainly not the case last year 

Don’t think we will see a one in one out strategy in the first few months of the season 

could never understand how a manager could sign a player in June then two months into the season he was shipping them out... this won’t happen this year 

JP is aiming to play attacking skillful on the ground passing football 

always brlieve eighteen starters is better than 22 where 6 will never even make the bench 

More excited about town than England at the World Cup, who fluked it to the semis we lost to any decent side 

nope come kick off time my heart will be racing 

nick

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

JF has been in football all his days, working and playing in Scotland, England, France, Spain, Singapore and playing in the top league of each ( with the exception of Spain). Contacts isn't an issue ;)

Point 2 and 3 are linked , they must be. If you have a certain pot of money then you cant waste a penny bringing in someone who 'might be up to it'. No manager gets every signing right but they have to try their best to get the vast majority i.e. the right player, for the right system, with the right quality, for the right price.

What I do know is that JF works 24/7 on this so it wont be through lack of effort ...he drove to Essex this week to see Braintree and to Dagenham yesterday to watch them .

I hope his hard graft is rewarded by securing the right people and some well deserved points  

8 minutes ago, Scot said:

JF has been in football all his days, working and playing in Scotland, England, France, Spain, Singapore and playing in the top league of each ( with the exception of Spain). Contacts isn't an issue ;)

Point 2 and 3 are linked , they must be. If you have a certain pot of money then you cant waste a penny bringing in someone who 'might be up to it'. No manager gets every signing right but they have to try their best to get the vast majority i.e. the right player, for the right system, with the right quality, for the right price.

What I do know is that JF works 24/7 on this so it wont be through lack of effort ...he drove to Essex this week to see Braintree and to Dagenham yesterday to watch them .

I hope his hard graft is rewarded by securing the right people and some well deserved points  

thanks Jamie! lol. 

12 minutes ago, Scot said:

Fancy having to go to Braintree twice in a fortnight..

There are some very emotional people on here, what happened to the British stiff upper lip.

Really who cares whether you're excited or not? We have over a week to go to the kick off, and regardless of what happens between now and then, all that will be forgotten and fools will emerge on here at 1700 hours on that first Saturday and depending on the result they will be telling us 1. we will be relegated or 2. this is our year for a return to the FL. Its a long season nothing is decided in the early weeks, squads change, form dips, injuries, transfers, etc will happen. 

Its just another season, starting soon, get ready for the usual roller coaster ride.

KEEP CALM AND FOLLOW THE SHAYMEN.

21 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

thanks Jamie! lol. 

welcome....I'll pass on your regards :D

13 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

There are some very emotional people on here, what happened to the British stiff upper lip.

Really who cares whether you're excited or not? We have over a week to go to the kick off, and regardless of what happens between now and then, all that will be forgotten and fools will emerge on here at 1700 hours on that first Saturday and depending on the result they will be telling us 1. we will be relegated or 2. this is our year for a return to the FL. Its a long season nothing is decided in the early weeks, squads change, form dips, injuries, transfers, etc will happen. 

Its just another season, starting soon, get ready for the usual roller coaster ride.

KEEP CALM AND FOLLOW THE SHAYMEN.

The first 2 words just do not go with the last 3.

1 hour ago, eddies mate said:

And Spennymoor but at least they're closer..

I really enjoyed my visit to Spennymoor in February.